SiouxSports.com Forum

Why Siouxnami is optimistic about the 2006/2007 Fighting Sioux!

siouxnami

LaPoint will play Jrs. ( I hear he really needs it)

Every team loses good players - But some teams have good players who stay 4 yrs - Maybe not Great Players - but do really good (Maybe Great) with upper classmen - Badgers as a recent example

i think its easy to say that prpich was one of those type of players

Hopefully Porter will have a great senior season this upcoming year. He certainly has the ability to have a breakout season.

Yeah we are going to need more than the something like seven goals he scored this season. Hopefully he can come through as I think he will be the captain.

Yeah we are going to need more than the something like seven goals he scored this season. Hopefully he can come through as I think he will be the captain.

It seemed that Porter had a role this year that involved checking line first and scoring second.

It seemed that Porter had a role this year that involved checking line first and scoring second.

I agree. It seemed like Porter's role was changing as the year progressed. His numbers went up despite his goal scoring numbers going down. He still works hard. He still plays hard. I still really think he's valuable to the team. That being said, I'm not down on his goal scoring numbers at all. I think he's played excellent season this past year and will have another good one next year.

I liked the original post, but I can't agree with the lines he poses. Too many players out of place.

I think it will be:

Duncan-Toews-Kozek

Forney(?)-Oshie-Porter

Fabian-Kaip-Watkins

Zajac-Miller-Vandevelde

I agree. It seemed like Porter's role was changing as the year progressed. His numbers went up despite his goal scoring numbers going down. He still works hard. He still plays hard. I still really think he's valuable to the team. That being said, I'm not down on his goal scoring numbers at all. I think he's played excellent season this past year and will have another good one next year.

I liked the original post, but I can't agree with the lines he poses. Too many players out of place.

I think it will be:

Duncan-Toews-Kozek

Forney(?)-Oshie-Porter

Fabian-Kaip-Watkins

Zajac-Miller-Vandevelde

I think that the role of checker is a good role to have and should be looked at as a positive. I like the way Porter plays and I think he will score a few more goals in the upcoming season. Kaip might be one of the players that catches fire this season. Rylan had like no goals in two season and then potted three at the end of the season.

Goon- Though I'm relieved to see Kaip score a few goals, I'm even more excited to see what he can do defensively next season. I am still VERY serious when I think he can step right in and fill the skates of Mike Prpich. Rylan may not have the hype in that regard Prpich had, but I think he can do just as good of a job. If Rylan is as defensively responsible, plays with the same tenacity Prpich did, and keeps contributing offensively as much as Prpich did (which wasn't huge by any means, but it was valuable when it happened), Rylan will become a HUGE and valuable part of the team.

Goon- Though I'm relieved to see Kaip score a few goals, I'm even more excited to see what he can do defensively next season. I am still VERY serious when I think he can step right in and fill the skates of Mike Prpich. Rylan may not have the hype in that regard Prpich had, but I think he can do just as good of a job. If Rylan is as defensively responsible, plays with the same tenacity Prpich did, and keeps contributing offensively as much as Prpich did (which wasn't huge by any means, but it was valuable when it happened), Rylan will become a HUGE and valuable part of the team.

We better hope we do not lose Toews or next year is really going to be a rebuilding campaign. I hope I am wrong but I don't see any of the incoming forwards being dominant players like Oshie and Toews were. Hopefully they can fill their roles and adjust to the WCHA sooner rather than later. Those line combos are a little thin but if the freshman can produce we should be OK.

We better hope we do not lose Toews or next year is really going to be a rebuilding campaign. I hope I am wrong but I don't see any of the incoming forwards being dominant players like Oshie and Toews were. Hopefully they can fill their roles and adjust to the WCHA sooner rather than later. Those line combos are a little thin but if the freshman can produce we should be OK.

I don't see any of them having incredible freshman seasons either. However, I didn't see Oshie having a season like this, so anything can happen.

Maybe its just me but does anyone else notice how DAR always finds something negative to say?

Actually if you go up a few posts I think his last post would probably qualify for being what some might call remotely negative, or at least a hint of negativity.

Actually if you go up a few posts I think his last post would probably qualify for being what some might call remotely negative, or at least a hint of negativity.

The world is made up of both optimists (half-full) and pessimists (half-empty) which is what I keep in mind when I read the posts. IMHO the glass is definitely still at least half-full. :0

The world is made up of both optimists (half-full) and pessimists (half-empty) which is what I keep in mind when I read the posts. IMHO the glass is definitely still at least half-full. :0

Sometimes its hard to be optimistic. However, when the glass is empty I must fill it back up, hopefully with beer or Diet Coke. Life is too short to be depressed all of the time, thats why I think the article by Siouxnami really got me thinking about how good UND really has it. We are still loaded after losing all of those players. I don't think SCSU, MTU or UAA could say that after losing 5 players. I hope people like DAR will see the light and get on board. I feel a lot of possitive energy about next season already.

Now, if I was a Sens fan now I would be looking at it as the glass is empty and about to be broken.

Sometimes its hard to be optimistic. However, when the glass is empty I must fill it back up, hopefully with beer or Diet Coke. Life is too short to be depressed all of the time, thats why I think the article by Siouxnami really got me thinking about how good UND really has it. We are still loaded after losing all of those players. I don't think SCSU, MTU or UAA could say that after losing 5 players. I hope people like DAR will see the light and get on board. I feel a lot of possitive energy about next season already.

Now, if I was a Sens fan now I would be looking at it as the glass is empty and about to be broken.

The game just got over. The Senators lost on OT.

Looks like their glass is cracking, and so is the Devils. :0

This should put an end (or, on second thought, perhaps escalate) the "sky is falling" talk:

From no less than INCH:

Jonathan Toews, North Dakota (Draft eligible)

Toews tells North Dakota that he’s not going anywhere, but that’s easy to say when there’s nowhere to go. Once he’s a top-five draft pick he’ll have an attractive option, although he may be surrounded by more pure talent on the Sioux’s front line than he would with a minor league team of an NHL bottom feeder.

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7Archiv...trisks_0433.htm

BTW, they also say BLee and TJ could leave :0

Maybe its just me but does anyone else notice how DAR always finds something negative to say?

I really don't know what you are talking about. I am just being realistic. Let's face it we have lost a lot of high end players. I stated that the current and incoming players are going to have some big shoes to fill. I am pretty sure we top the nation with 4 early departures (to date). That creates holes that need to be filled by players that are not currently the equal of those who left. I don't call that being negative that is reality.

Hopefully Porter will have a great senior season this upcoming year. He certainly has the ability to have a breakout season.

Porter would be great if the net were twice as big. Unless he improves on his scoring ability, he'll be nothing more than a grind line guy which suits him well. It would be nice to see him be able to finish better on scoring chances. Maybe lining up with better playmakers will help.....Guess we'll see.

i can see oshie and toews gone before next year. lets hope for the best and ride it out but like some of us have said before it all depends on who drafts toews...

I think they both stay, they fall under the new CBA and do not have the financial incentive to leave that those drafted under the old agreement have. We CANNOT afford to lose anymore players.