SiouxSports.com Forum

Here's the kiss of death...

mikejm

Sorta like the Sports Illustrated cover jinx?

http://www.insidecollegehockey.com/7Archiv...eams07_0431.htm

Discuss:

How dare they not put Minnesota at 1.

That is bush league in my opinion we all know that they are going to be the top team next season.

Minnesota was robbed. Honestly, UND being number one is about right on. UND is loaded even without stafford. Next year if they stumble Sioux fans alike will be hearing comments about choking.

If Johnson comes and Hagemo gets healthy the Gophers could actually be better next season. Harrington and Atherton were both average at best. When you replace those two with two elite d-men like Johnson and Hagemo and return everyone else the defense overall is vastly improved. And if Frazee can mature he could have a huge year considering his immense talent. These are big "ifs" but if they happen the Gophers will give up a lot less goals next year. Scoring will never be a problem.

But considering that Elliott, Skille, Pavelski, Parise, Spirko, Toews, Kessel, Goligoski, Johnson, and many others are still flight risks it's just too early to make a prediction.

As I recall.........Minnesota was their pick last year at this time, and we all know how that worked out.

A lot will depend who is still on the rosters after the NHL draft and signing are concluded. Lot of players are still flight risks for the what I think will be the "Big 3' in the WCHA next year.

And of course injuries during the season will play a BIG part, as always.

How dare they not put Minnesota at 1.

That is bush league in my opinion we all know that they are going to be the top team next season.

Minnesota was robbed. Honestly, UND being number one is about right on. UND is loaded even without stafford. Next year if they stumble Sioux fans alike will be hearing comments about choking.

It took only three posts on this topic before someone mentioned the Gophers, Yeah right, Sioux fans are not obsessed with the Gophers. :silly:

It took only three posts on this topic before someone mentioned the Gophers, Yeah right, Sioux fans are not obsessed with the Gophers. :silly:

Then my question to you, or any other goophie fan who spews their crap here is this. What are you doing on SiouxSports.com ? Are we still the obsessed ones ?

Then my question to you, or any other goophie fan who spews their crap here is this. What are you doing on SiouxSports.com ? Are we still the obsessed ones ?

I go on Sioux Sports.com, USCHO,GPL and other hockey websites to get hockey info just like Sioux fans do.

It's just funny how many times it happens that when a Sioux fan starts a topic on Sioux Sports.com about the Sioux eventually and it is usually very quickly someone will write about the Gophers.

I consider myself a somewhat obsessed Sioux fan with a huge hockey addiction. It would be a cold day in hell before I even lurked on a Gopher, Badger, Pioneer, Bulldog, Tiger etc. message board.....let alone posted something.

I just couldn't deal with the rash......

I consider myself a somewhat obsessed Sioux fan with a huge hockey addiction. It would be a cold day in hell before I even lurked on a Gopher, Badger, Pioneer, Bulldog, Tiger etc. message board.....let alone posted something.

Fixing GPL rash is easy. Wave a cross-shaped object and click this link:

http://college.holycross.edu/wchc/hockey.htm

Badger rash will be harder, for the next 11 months.

Fixing GPL rash is easy. Wave a cross-shaped object and click this link:

http://college.holycross.edu/wchc/hockey.htm

Badger rash will be harder, for the next 11 months.

Remember that song by Weird Al back in the day?

I'd rather lick all the toilets in Grand Central Station with my tongue than spend one more minute with you

Just change the last part to lurking on all their boards.

Remember that song by Weird Al back in the day?

I'd rather lick all the toilets in Grand Central Station with my tongue than spend one more minute with you

Just change the last part to lurking on all their boards.

I didn't remember that song, but thank you for reminding me. :silly:

All I can remember is Another One Rides the Bus.

I often wonder what makes someone spend so much time lurking on another teams board, is it envy or are some condsidering switching allegiances. :silly:

I often wonder what makes someone spend so much time lurking on another teams board, is it envy or are some condsidering switching allegiances. :silly:

Could be curiosity and the wish to talk hockey with some folks even if they may not agree with what you have to say (ie sagard, Greyeagle, WPoS on SS.com and brianvf and crew on GPL).

Or it could be an obsession. After all, why would Gopher fans call us Kessel.com if they didn't care about our site enough to lurk here? I mean, I don't go over to GPL so I don't know what goes on there. Don't really care. I just assume that, when they talk about UND, it is either something neutral or derogatory. They will more than likely butcher the team name and call us names or just the usual "UND SUCKS" stuff. No different than what goes on here re: Gophers. I wish I could say that there aren't Sioux posters out there that go to GPL just to troll or belittle, because I'm sure there are some. We all know there are UW and UMN fans that go trolling.

So there you have it:

1. Curiosity

2. Obsession

3. Intent to troll

Three top reasons why opposing fans lurk on our board.

Could be curiosity and the wish to talk hockey with some folks even if they may not agree with what you have to say (ie sagard, Greyeagle, WPoS on SS.com and brianvf and crew on GPL).

Or it could be an obsession. After all, why would Gopher fans call us Kessel.com if they didn't care about our site enough to lurk here? I mean, I don't go over to GPL so I don't know what goes on there. Don't really care. I just assume that, when they talk about UND, it is either something neutral or derogatory. They will more than likely butcher the team name and call us names or just the usual "UND SUCKS" stuff. No different than what goes on here re: Gophers. I wish I could say that there aren't Sioux posters out there that go to GPL just to troll or belittle, because I'm sure there are some. We all know there are UW and UMN fans that go trolling.

So there you have it:

1. Curiosity

2. Obsession

3. Intent to troll

Three top reasons why opposing fans lurk on our board.

(Ok, Sioux-cia, get ready to get flammed!)

I don't go to any other teams sites to read, to post, to spit, etc. BUT as a fan of Fighting Sioux and Chicago sports teams, I'm here to tell ya there ain't nothing like a good rivalry! I'm a BIG Chicago Bears fan (*ducks*) and love giving $hit to my best friend's husband who is a Packer fan. I sent him a Packer doll in a coffin one year; another year I gave him a bucket filled with yellow and green beads. On one side I put, 'Packers kick the bucket' and on the other side, 'Packers bucket of tears'. :glare:

I don't see a problem with other hockey fans coming on board and discussing hockey, yes, and even posting a bit of trash talk. That's part of sports. I enjoy some of the give and take trash talk. I have a problem with posters like ATLeveryonewithasportsforumPHAN whose sole purpose is to come here and antagonize us under the guise of being a Sioux fan. hockey1, Wpos, etc. don't bother me and I don't see why they can't come here. They know they're gonna get flammed for some of their 'hearfelt' opinions but they're here because they're hockey fans.

This is a Fighting Sioux sports forum and they come on with the full knowledge that they're not gonna be the popular kids on the block. There's good stuff being discussed on this forum and they want to contribute to it. So what!!!

Flame away......

(Ok, Sioux-cia, get ready to get flammed!)

I don't go to any other teams sites to read, to post, to spit, etc. BUT as a fan of Fighting Sioux and Chicago sports teams, I'm here to tell ya there ain't nothing like a good rivalry! I'm a BIG Chicago Bears fan (*ducks*) and love giving $hit to my best friend's husband who is a Packer fan. I sent him a Packer doll in a coffin one year; another year I gave him a bucket filled with yellow and green beads. On one side I put, 'Packers kick the bucket' and on the other side, 'Packers bucket of tears'. :glare:

I don't see a problem with other hockey fans coming on board and discussing hockey, yes, and even posting a bit of trash talk. That's part of sports. I enjoy some of the give and take trash talk. I have a problem with posters like ATLeveryonewithasportsforumPHAN whose sole purpose is to come here and antagonize us under the guise of being a Sioux fan. hockey1, Wpos, etc. don't bother me and I don't see why they can't come here. They know they're gonna get flammed for some of their 'hearfelt' opinions but they're here because they're hockey fans.

This is a Fighting Sioux sports forum and they come on with the full knowledge that they're not gonna be the popular kids on the block. There's good stuff being discussed on this forum and they want to contribute to it. So what!!!

Flame away......

Great post. I wish more Sioux fans on here shared your opinion.