SiouxSports.com Forum

Here's the kiss of death...

mikejm

(Ok, Sioux-cia, get ready to get flammed!)

I don't go to any other teams sites to read, to post, to spit, etc. BUT as a fan of Fighting Sioux and Chicago sports teams, I'm here to tell ya there ain't nothing like a good rivalry! I'm a BIG Chicago Bears fan (*ducks*) and love giving $hit to my best friend's husband who is a Packer fan. I sent him a Packer doll in a coffin one year; another year I gave him a bucket filled with yellow and green beads. On one side I put, 'Packers kick the bucket' and on the other side, 'Packers bucket of tears'. :glare:

I don't see a problem with other hockey fans coming on board and discussing hockey, yes, and even posting a bit of trash talk. That's part of sports. I enjoy some of the give and take trash talk. I have a problem with posters like ATLeveryonewithasportsforumPHAN whose sole purpose is to come here and antagonize us under the guise of being a Sioux fan. hockey1, Wpos, etc. don't bother me and I don't see why they can't come here. They know they're gonna get flammed for some of their 'hearfelt' opinions but they're here because they're hockey fans.

This is a Fighting Sioux sports forum and they come on with the full knowledge that they're not gonna be the popular kids on the block. There's good stuff being discussed on this forum and they want to contribute to it. So what!!!

Flame away......

Thanks for the back up Sioux Cia, its just too bad not all hockey fans have the same view as you. Most fans of other teams come on other fans message boards to talk hockey or give up some information on their team that a Sioux fan or whatever message board there on does not know. Of course your going to have some fans that come on a message board to start a flame fest and to me those are not true hockey fans anyway.

i could care less who comes here and posts as long as they know what the hell they are talking about. there are a few d-bag gopher fans that post here but there are also a few very good ones as well. i just cant stand the threads that get started then they turn into kessel/toews comparisons/bashing...that shi$ gets so old. also other fans do have to remember what board this is at the end of the day its SIOUXsports..that doesnt mean that other opinions are not welcomed but if your gona post a dumb azz comment you will probably get flamed as you should. all i know is this is the best college hockey/sports college message board thats out there and THE OFF SEASON FLIPPIN SUX.........

Remember that song by Weird Al back in the day?

I'd rather lick all the toilets in Grand Central Station with my tongue than spend one more minute with you

Just change the last part to lurking on all their boards.

I would have to agree!!!!!!!! I hate the gophers so much that I shot a gopher with my gun and named it briggs :silly:

Slap Shot, Greyeagle, and sagard bother me because they don't flatter me enough. :glare: (well, no one does, but hey! :silly:)

WPoS I can't touch because he drives a BMW and I respect that.

Seriously now,

Sioux-cia, I agree. Slap Shot, and other gopher fans don't really bother me a lot unless they start making broad generalizations that are both derogatory and untrue (like buckysieve's cousin kissing barb) or start being disrespectful to the team which this site is dedicated to: The Fighting Sioux. This isn't defined as "I like the Gopher because..." it is defined as misspelling the team name (Sue, Siouxage, etc.). If they respect the posters, team, and players even if they aren't fans of the Sioux or this message board, I don't see why they are a problem.

And the Bears rule! Do they have a QB yet? Probably not. Grossman will get injured on the first play from scrimmage in the first game of spring exhibitions if not in practice.

I enjoy coming here because it's nice to get a perspective on your opponent, plus it's nice to talk college hockey with some different folks. It seems the traffic is a lot more steady on SiouxSports, so when GPL is boring, I tend to come over here to chat a bit. You guys are college hockey freaks, and are somewhat civil, and although we are enemies, we have a lot in common... it makes sense to me.

Oh, as for INCH's '06-'07 preliminary rankings... a little early, don't you think? Lots of squads still aren't sure what their rosters will look like by the beginning of next season, and although it's fun to speculate, I'm going to wait until the end of summer or beginning of fall to start worrying about rankings. That being said, they probably aren't too far off.

I enjoy coming here because it's nice to get a perspective on your opponent, plus it's nice to talk college hockey with some different folks. It seems the traffic is a lot more steady on SiouxSports, so when GPL is boring, I tend to come over here to chat a bit. You guys are college hockey freaks, and are somewhat civil, and although we are enemies, we have a lot in common... it makes sense to me.

Oh, as for INCH's '06-'07 preliminary rankings... a little early, don't you think? Lots of squads still aren't sure what their rosters will look like by the beginning of next season, and although it's fun to speculate, I'm going to wait until the end of summer or beginning of fall to start worrying about rankings. That being said, they probably aren't too far off.

Yeah...I agree these rankings are a little too preliminary. A lot of things can happen between now and when practice starts in the fall. Players can say they are coming back but it seems that when an offer is made and on the table 9.5 times out of ten the player takes it and goes. It fills the players wallet but is bad for college hockey and sucks for the fans especially those like me who are huge fans of the college game but pay little attention to the NHL/AHL.

Yeah...I agree these rankings are a little too preliminary. A lot of things can happen between now and when practice starts in the fall. Players can say they are coming back but it seems that when an offer is made and on the table 9.5 times out of ten the player takes it and goes. It fills the players wallet but is bad for college hockey and sucks for the fans especially those like me who are huge fans of the college game but pay little attention to the NHL/AHL.

Man, that guy that signs for the .5 really takes it in the shorts. He should just stay in school.

:silly:

Slap Shot, Greyeagle, and sagard bother me because they don't flatter me enough. :glare: (well, no one does, but hey! :silly:)

WPoS I can't touch because he drives a BMW and I respect that.

Seriously now,

Sioux-cia, I agree. Slap Shot, and other gopher fans don't really bother me a lot unless they start making broad generalizations that are both derogatory and untrue (like buckysieve's cousin kissing barb) or start being disrespectful to the team which this site is dedicated to: The Fighting Sioux. This isn't defined as "I like the Gopher because..." it is defined as misspelling the team name (Sue, Siouxage, etc.). If they respect the posters, team, and players even if they aren't fans of the Sioux or this message board, I don't see why they are a problem.

And the Bears rule! Do they have a QB yet? Probably not. Grossman will get injured on the first play from scrimmage in the first game of spring exhibitions if not in practice.

We need a Fighting Sioux Waiting for Next Season support group! Folks are getting really $itchy, almost violent, and very short tempered.... more than usual. Pushers pretending to be hockey fans are trolling around our site, throwing little bits of bad hockey our way in order to get us ever more agitated. We need to band together, watch each others backs and even, if need be, turn to other fans for any tidbits of 'real' hockey they're willing to share. The first step to surviving the wait until next season is admitting we need help.

Hello, my name is Sioux-cia and I'm a Fighting Sioux hockey addict.

(redwing77, the Bears signed Brian Griese to a five year contract. He'll be the #2 QB.)

We need a Fighting Sioux Waiting for Next Season support group! Folks are getting really $itchy, almost violent, and very short tempered.... more than usual.

What the swearing.gif are you talking about? ranting.gifnose_punch.gif:silly:

We need a Fighting Sioux Waiting for Next Season support group! Folks are getting really $itchy, almost violent, and very short tempered.... more than usual. Pushers pretending to be hockey fans are trolling around our site, throwing little bits of bad hockey our way in order to get us ever more agitated. We need to band together, watch each others backs and even, if need be, turn to other fans for any tidbits of 'real' hockey they're willing to share. The first step to surviving the wait until next season is admitting we need help.

Hello, my name is Sioux-cia and I'm a Fighting Sioux hockey addict.

(redwing77, the Bears signed Brian Griese to a five year contract. He'll be the #2 QB.)

Brian Griese? Oh goody! Can we bring back Kordell Stewart too? :glare:

Anyways, I'm all up for the support group. Off seasons suck when you don't have enough money to go play golf as often as you'd like (nor is your game nearly good enough to dare asking board members to go out for a round of golf with you either).

So far, they've had a number of them. I'm just waiting for the Bears to get a #1 QB.

I know. But I luv 'em anyway :glare: . At least we did better with our third and fourth QB's than the Viqueens did with their #1 QB (before he got hurt even!) this past season.

I'd love see a hockey game in that stadium!! We'd freeze our butts to our seats but boy that would be fun.

(Keeping this post about hockey before someone jumps us. :D )

I know. But I luv 'em anyway :glare: . At least we did better with our third and fourth QB's than the Viqueens did with their #1 QB (before he got hurt even!) this past season.

I'd love see a hockey game in that stadium!! We'd freeze our butts to our seats but boy that would be fun.

(Keeping this post about hockey before someone jumps us. :D )

one last fb thing - Sioux-cia, if your ever in St. Paul during any Bears game, there is a bar called Alarys that is owned by an ex-bear player from the 40's and the place is nuts during their games.