SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. WISCONSIN CHAMPIONSHIP

stafford_rules

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Wisconsin - 5 in a row for the WCHA.

Watching this game frustrated me, because BC just is not very good. They only had a sniff of a chance to score all game long. The TV guys scoring chances in the first were 9-3 Wisconsin, but the score was 0-1. Similar to Thursday's game, when they were 9-3, but the score was 0-3. Basically, BC just led a charmed life, they aimed for corners and got them, instead of shooting high or wide, where 90% of those attempts go. Their shots hit goal posts (2 of the first 3) and went in instead of out. Then UND got flustered by the scoreboard and made some mistakes, and BC converted them. Wisconsin didn't make those mistakes, and BC had nothing to convert. I think BC rode five players to the last game: Collins, Boyle, Harrold, Motherwell and of course Schneider. That's similar to UND in 2001, with Panzer, Lundbohm, Bayda, Roche and Goehring, but I like UND's supporting players that year better (Notermann, Spiewak, etc.).

Anyway, congrats again to Wisconsin and go get em next year Sioux.

p.s. That was sour grapes above, but I can't help it.

Going into the game I wanted the Badgers to win, but after watching some of the dives they took trying to draw penalties. I started hoping BC would find a way to win.

I agree the Wisconsin dives are as annoying as all heck, but I am still glad a WCHA team won. I have a friends from out East that are always trying to make excuses for hockey east and consistently claim that hockey east is better than it really is. The fact that the WCHA has won the last 5 National Championships weakens their irrational, annoying banter. That said, I guess we will have to listen to the Badger fans for the next year now. :)

Congrats to Wisconsin. It's always nice for the conference when the WCHA wins the hardware.

i REALLY wanted BC to win it, even thiough they did beat UND. I just cant stand Wisconsin (Earl,diving,etc).

I sat at my tv and cried. :) that fricking pipe. 2 seconds left. that was highway freaking robbery. i hate them (pipes) altogether.

I was very happy to see Wisco take the win. I just cannot stomach BC. Not at all. I think it's their maroon-like colors that remind me of the filthy Goofer. :)

Congrats, Bucky. Now, prepare to get smoked next year.

taz

After years of hating the Goofs and Bucky, I FINALLY realized something. I don't hate the teams, I hate the rude obnoxious fans that make them all look bad. Hearing Badger fans call our guys classless, goons, and talentless (!!) made it hard for me to cheer for their team although I did want a WCHA team to win.

Oh well after explaining what it took to get an icing call and that being in the crease was not a penalty to an exceptionally rude Bucky fan, he at least stopped crying after every penalty/non-penalty the refs called/didn't call; the back of my jersey was dripping with his whine.

Sad though I am at our lose, I'm proud of the year our guys gave us. GO SIOUX!!!!

I too am happy UW won just because it's nice to show WCHA dominance in college hockey. BC was far inferior to UW and I can't help but think the Sioux would have played UW better. Oh well.... here's to Robbie Earl leaving college hockey early.

Congrats to UW.

I can't remember who owns Gilbert's rights (if any at all), but how long will it take this superb senior to sign with an NHL organization? Will he go to classes on Monday? Say what you want, but I'm VERY happy Gilbert is a senior. The guy always found ways to kill us.

Earl: Yeah, I think he's going to sign. Rumors last offseason said that Toronto wanted to sign him. HOWEVER, a big factor going into the offseason from Toronto's perspective should be to talk to him about how he's very easy to knock off his skates. Dive or not, it seems like the slightest physical play against Earl sends him flying. THAT is not a good thing for an NHL player to have going against him.

Elliott: This guy is an 8th round draft pick, a Hobey runner up, and a National Champion. I don't see why Ottawa would be reluctant to sign this guy. I'd be stunned if he came back a senior next year.

Burish: For UW fans calling him the worst captain they've ever seen, I'm not sure I'd be hearing the same thing now. Nevertheless, I don't think he'll miss class on Monday. I'm not sure he's NHL caliber.

Pavelski: Sophomore All American.... He still has things he needs to work on, but he's won a national championship and did stellar for two years at the DI level... I've not heard any rumors at all in his regard, but what do you all think of his chances to leave early?

I too am happy UW won just because it's nice to show WCHA dominance in college hockey. BC was far inferior to UW and I can't help but think the Sioux would have played UW better. Oh well.... here's to Robbie Earl leaving college hockey early.

With the way the announcers were going on about BC during the UND game (or so I hear) I enjoy it when the other team wins vs. any ESPN favorite. It's always a good thing.

That's why I love it when the Yankees and Red Sox lose. When Miami (DIA Football) lost to UNC a few years back. I loved it. ANY TIME ESPN IS FORCED TO EAT CROW, IT'S GOOD FOR ALL SPORTS. Period.

Congrats to UW.

I can't remember who owns Gilbert's rights (if any at all), but how long will it take this superb senior to sign with an NHL organization? Will he go to classes on Monday? Say what you want, but I'm VERY happy Gilbert is a senior. The guy always found ways to kill us.

Gilbert's rights are owned by Colorado picked in the 4th round of the 2002 draft.

well...I was a little skeptical about Wisconsin too but after meeting a lot of Bucky-ites going to the afternoon session in Milwaukee to cheer on a fellow conference member - that swayed me a little. Granted - the badgers have their share of *sses! (don't ALL teams? :D ) but I think they're easier to get along with on a whole than other NAMELESS teams (or TEAM) in the league. So congrats to Wisco to keeping up the WCHA dominance! What is it? 7 of the last 6 from the WCHA now? :)

well...I was a little skeptical about Wisconsin too but after meeting a lot of Bucky-ites going to the afternoon session in Milwaukee to cheer on a fellow conference member - that swayed me a little. Granted - the badgers have their share of *sses! (don't ALL teams? :D ) but I think they're easier to get along with on a whole than other NAMELESS teams (or TEAM) in the league. So congrats to Wisco to keeping up the WCHA dominance! What is it? 7 of the last 6 from the WCHA now? :)

How do you take 7 from the last 6 times? That's mathematically impossible unless a WCHA team took a fractional part of the games...