SiouxSports.com Forum

Early outs

GBpakrzz

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you are leaving then?!?! Or would that be speculation on my part?

Since you are pulling the strings, what kind of arrangements are being made on your agent Drew's part on compensation packages for NHL teams that you would rather not play for? As a follow up, will the University of Minnesota be contributing to this compensation package?

If you are talking about talent coming out of North Dakota, I don't know by what you mean to compare it to? The NHL? If that's the case, there's only one North Dakota born person playing in the NHL (Ryan Kraft) to my knowledge and he's a role player. To Ryan Potulny and Danny Irman? Well, I think in terms of collegiate talent, Andy Schneider and Nick Fuher are two good examples even though they are defensemen. Moreland, the goaltender for SCSU, was pretty good.

Paul Gaustad plays for the Sabres. I believe he is from fargo originally.

Of those mentioned, I'm inclined to believe that Kessel will be back barring he doesn't go #1 overall for one more year. Goligoski leaving is news to me, even if it is just a rumor. I think he'll be back and be VERY VERY surprised if he bolted. As for Erik Johnson, I'll tell you guys what, his stock better plummet and quick because if it doesn't, I am highly doubting Erik dons the Minnesota 'M' if he goes any higher than #2 overall.

There's question of Toews returning if he goes high enough. His stock, in my extreme unprofessional opinion, is rising and that's saying something if he's projected in some cases to go #2 overall. To be honest and selfish, it's best for us if Toews goes lower.

As for Erik Johnson, I'll tell you guys what, his stock better plummet and quick because if it doesn't, I am highly doubting Erik dons the Minnesota 'M' if he goes any higher than #2 overall.

If he skips school, the U will be hurting next year. Not MTU or AA hurting, but definitley a hit. Already losing Potulny and probably Irmen, plus the early de-commitment of Mueller and it could make for a tough start to next year.

What are these rumors about Spirko leaving?? Going to Europe like Murray??

Paul Gaustad plays for the Sabres. I believe he is from fargo originally.

Paul was born in Fargo, but he grew up in Oregon. He is from a hockey family that includes both Potulny's (they are first cousins) and a brother that plays pro in the minors out east.

In addition to Gaustad, David Hale is from Minot and is much more than anyone expected, earning a regular shift on D with New Jersey...Also, my understand (from acquaintances) is that Jason Blake was born in GF and played hockey there during his formative years...

I'm going to say again that I doubt that Kessel will be at MN next year. Goligoski is a foregone conclusion (edit: foregone might be a bit strong, but according to that hockey expert Sid H....) for turning pro. I also agree that if Johnson goes three or higher, he will not wear the M...

Paul was born in Fargo, but he grew up in Oregon. He is from a hockey family that includes both Potulny's (they are first cousins) and a brother that plays pro in the minors out east.

In addition to Gaustad, David Hale is from Minot and is much more than anyone expected, earning a regular shift on D with New Jersey...Also, my understand (from acquaintances) is that Jason Blake was born in GF and played hockey there during his formative years...

Wasn't David Hale from Colorado Springs? Not positive. Quinn Fylling was from Minot, and yes Blake played some years in GF.

There's question of Toews returning if he goes high enough. His stock, in my extreme unprofessional opinion, is rising and that's saying something if he's projected in some cases to go #2 overall. To be honest and selfish, it's best for us if Toews goes lower.

I still think that Toews will return for at least one more year regardless of where he goes in the draft. We have to remember that he is only 17 this season, and even the AHL would be a big jump for someone that age.

Another year (or two :lol: ) at UND would go a long way toward helping him develop the muscle needed to contend in the AHL/NHL.

I'm going to say again that I doubt that Kessel will be at MN next year. Goligoski is a foregone conclusion (edit: foregone might be a bit strong, but according to that hockey expert Sid H....) for turning pro. I also agree that if Johnson goes three or higher, he will not wear the M...

Out of the three that you mentioned, Goligoski is the one who I gaurantee you will be on the team next year. Hardly a forgone conclusion to leave. :lol: Kessel will almost definitely stay for another year and I still am very confident Johnson will come to the U next year, as is Lucia. After Potulny, Irmen is the only player I'm concerned about leaving.

But the notion of Goligoski leaving isn't worth mentioning because it's not gonna happen.

Out of the three that you mentioned, Goligoski is the one who I gaurantee you will be on the team next year. Hardly a forgone conclusion to leave. :lol: Kessel will almost definitely stay for another year and I still am very confident Johnson will come to the U next year, as is Lucia. After Potulny, Irmen is the only player I'm concerned about leaving.

But the notion of Goligoski leaving isn't worth mentioning because it's not gonna happen.

As you always demand of us, this was written where? Or did the Don blurt this during his weekly bikini wax.

You never agree with what we post here so why not talk to one of your own writers who in a USCHO article wrote: "Johnson - who has scouts drooling to the point where he may never actually play for Minnesota" in the article at this link:

http://www.uscho.com/news/id,12522/ForMinn...owsSuccess.html

I would never assume that any Sioux player is returning next season until I see his name in the official roster release. :D Best guarantee I would dare attempt is that Bina will be in the Kelly Green next season.

Just checked to be sure and Drew didn't mention anything in his interview on espn.com today about leaving early so I guess we will have to see.

He wouldn't say anything about that, because right now he does not have a care for the NHL. All his cares are/should be about is the upcoming game against B.C. No way is he thinking about the NHL at a time like this.

I actually think it is funny when I hear goofer fans tell everyone that they think will see Eric Johnson in a goofer jersey and he is coming reguardless of where he is drafted in this years entry draft, ok what ever. Have you guys talked to the experts yet? According to many great NHL minds some think Johnson will never put on a Goofer Jersey because the NHL guys are drowling all over themselves to get him on their team and in a uniform. I have heard this a lot on the NHL talking heads, all you have to do is listen to XM radio channel 204.

I actually think it is funny when I hear goofer fans tell everyone that they think will see Eric Johnson in a goofer jersey and he is coming reguardless of where he is drafted in this years entry draft, ok what ever. Have you guys talked to the experts yet? According to many great NHL minds some think Johnson will never put on a Goofer Jersey because the NHL guys are drowling all over themselves to get him on their team and in a uniform. I have heard this a lot on the NHL talking heads, all you have to do is listen to XM radio channel 204.

Ok, I admit first off that I am one of those people (not NHL expert, but still one of those people) who think that Johnson will never wear a Minnesota sweater.

However, never say never. Jack Johnson was supposed to be in Carolina following the draft and he didn't go. He did pretty well in Michigan this year. Carolina tried to sign him again and they failed. Though I don't believe Johnson will suit up for Minnesota, I don't think it's entirely out of the question either.

I still want to know why anyone would want to play at Minnesota... :lol:

You know why Supertrex...because they have the greatest spelling school in the nation...M I N N E S O T A. It's taken years...but I think they've perfected it.

Johnson will be a top 5 draft pick who has never played college hockey and you're convinced he will sign. Toews will be a top five draft pick who HAS played one year of college and you're convinced he'll stay. You look at things through green tinted glasses. Not to mention that d-men usually need more time to develop than a forward. I know what the experts are saying but they siad the exact same thing about J. Johnson. If Lucia isn't worried than why would I be? Lucia talks to Johnson and his parents on a regular basis, the "experts" do not. You guys act like an 18 year old d-men jumping right into the NHL is the norm when it's actually incredibly rare.

By the way, Kessel won his third ROY award on USCHO. He shared it this time with Lerg, the goalie from MSU.

Johnson will be a top 5 draft pick who has never played college hockey and you're convinced he will sign. Toews will be a top five draft pick who HAS played one year of college and you're convinced he'll stay. You look at things through green tinted glasses. Not to mention that d-men usually need more time to develop than a forward. I know what the experts are saying but they siad the exact same thing about J. Johnson. If Lucia isn't worried than why would I be? Lucia talks to Johnson and his parents on a regular basis, the "experts" do not. You guys act like an 18 year old d-men jumping right into the NHL is the norm when it's actually incredibly rare.

Poor Bucky, you seem to only soak up what get's your attention. Try Ritalin. There are a bunch of us that hope Toews will return given that he will be a very young draft pick, and that is all that I have seen posted. On this board we are all smart enough to realize that many of the first several picks in the NHL draft get picked that high for a reason. If Chicago wins the first pick I will not fall out of my chair or slit my wrists if Toews gets selected and signs. It is a reality of pursuing this type of player. If these facts are all too disturbing for you to accept please direct to your time to the Lala-land that exists on GPL. :lol: Housley, Bucky, Housely Hoser or however you spell his name

...Johnson will be a top 5 draft pick who has never played college hockey and you're convinced he will sign. Toews will be a top five draft pick who HAS played one year of college and you're convinced he'll stay. You look at things through green tinted glasses...

These two guys are probably the top 2 picks. No one knows what they will do after drafted. Not Goon, not Lucia, not Johnson, not Toews.

These two guys are probably the top 2 picks. No one knows what they will do after drafted. Not Goon, not Lucia, not Johnson, not Toews.

Agree that too much depends on which team picks them, and what they feel is best for the development of that individual player. Not to mention what the player wants... J Johnson grew up a Wolverine and playing one year was not a surprise. If he plays two it will be.

More often than not, 18-yo defensemen play a year somewhere non-pro; my money is that E Johnson wears the M for one year. WCHA is a big step up from where he's been.

Agree that too much depends on which team picks them, and what they feel is best for the development of that individual player. Not to mention what the player wants... J Johnson grew up a Wolverine and playing one year was not a surprise. If he plays two it will be.

More often than not, 18-yo defensemen play a year somewhere non-pro; my money is that E Johnson wears the M for one year. WCHA is a big step up from where he's been.

E Johnson will have an immediate impact. Zach Jones has adjusted very well to the WCHA and E Johnson is a lot more talented than Zach Jones both come from the US development team. No disprespect to Zach as I think he has done well but Erik Johnson is a very good defenseman too bad he is going to be a Goofer and will be the enemy. In my opinion he will have an easy transition to the WCHA.