SiouxSports.com Forum

Holy Cross Radio Highlights

KirkEisenbeis

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course Cole ripped on them for those highlights. What a putz.

Did Cole ever explain that the highlights came from a student-run radio station at Holy Cross? I didn't listen to the whole thing, but in the part that I heard, Cole provided very little context for what was going on and why.

Just sent this to the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio (1520 AM in Grand Forks). They have a weekly feature called "Homer Call Of The Week". Hopefully they will pick up on it and put it on their show on Monday AM.

Dan/Show Killer,

Here's an awesome candidate for homer call of the week. It could be the biggest upset in NCAA college hockey history! The game was the NCAA College Hockey West Regional in Grand Forks, ND covered by ESPNU last Friday March 24th. #1 Minnesota Gophers against the Holy Cross Crusaders. Being held in Grand Forks the home of the (HUGE gopher rivals) University of North Dakota Fighting Sioux. The game went into overtime tied 3-3. Less than a minute in the Crusaders scored and sent the gophers packing. Great moment for Holy Cross!! Great moment for the Sioux Fans who were there to see their rivals lose in OT before taking the ice against the Michigan Wolverines!

Take a listen to the clip! Classic!!

http://college.holycross.edu/wchc/hockey.htm

Thanks,

Tim

They played it!!!!

Listening to the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio right now. They played the Holy Cross call as one of the "Homer Call of Week" Nominees.....(you can vote now at www.espnradio.com on the Dan Patrick Show page).

Dan and Phil "The Show Killer" had a good time talking about the clip and said it's the winner hands down! More good press for the Holy Cross clip!! And more people re-living the Gophers getting sent home!! :lol: Gotta love it!!

(For those of you interested you can hear the Dan Patrick Show anytime via internet stream anytime day or night. It was played in the first hour about 3/4 of the way through)

Alright...it took less than a minute before I started getting shivers......This is awesome.

I got goose bumps at the 1:45 mark ... That's awesome ...

They just replayed bits of it on KFAN... on the Common Man progrum...

They played it!!!!

Listening to the Dan Patrick Show on ESPN Radio right now. They played the Holy Cross call as one of the "Homer Call of Week" Nominees.....(you can vote now at www.espnradio.com on the Dan Patrick Show page).

It's got 53% of the votes right now!

PLEASE say someone was able to record the clip as discussed on KFAN or The Dan Patrick Show!!!!

Good or bad, we'd love to hear what others are saying.

Thanks so much

Chris Del Vecchio '06

Director of Programming

WCHC-FM

P.S. - In case there was any doubt, all of Holy Cross is cheering for the Sioux against BC on Thursday.

PLEASE say someone was able to record the clip as discussed on KFAN or The Dan Patrick Show!!!!

Thanks so much

Chris Del Vecchio '06

Director of Programming

WCHC-FM

P.S. - In case there was any doubt, all of Holy Cross is cheering for the Sioux against BC on Thursday.

I sent an e-mail to KFAN to see if they could assist in providing a clip from today's show ... I'll let you know if they respond... Hopefully they will contact you directly.

It looks like they archive the Dan Patrick show on the website. Right now, last Friday's show is the latest one there as today's show is still going. I bet if you check back tomorrow or later today, you may find it in the archive. It also looks like you can pull specific segements of the show, so maybe Homer COTW will be a

choice.

Vote Early. Vote Often! Here's the direct link to the Dan Patrick show.

http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/sho...wId=danpatrick#

Thanks so much

Chris Del Vecchio '06

Director of Programming

WCHC-FM

I believe you can listen to the show here. I'm unable to scroll ahead in the show to 3/4 through the first hour, so you'll probably have to let it all play to get to the HC part.

You're up to 65% of the voting now on http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/sho...owId=danpatrick

Looks like the above stream is the live espnradio stream, it does not start from the beginning of the show. Note on the archive page you can select segments of the show. Today's broadcast is not listed there yet, but when it is, you should be able to download the HC segment.

I believe you can listen to the show here. I'm unable to scroll ahead in the show to 3/4 through the first hour, so you'll probably have to let it all play to get to the HC part.

You're up to 65% of the voting now on http://espnradio.espn.go.com/espnradio/sho...owId=danpatrick

Looks like the above stream is the live stream. Note on the archive page you can select segments of the show. Today's broadcast is not listed there yet, but when it is, you should be able to download the HC segment.

OK... we will be able to get Dan Patrick from the archive online after it goes up later today/tomorrow. If anyone can get a hold of the KFAN clip, I'd be eternally grateful - I've tried to e-mail a few of the outlets that have played it directly, but haven't received a single response, so if anyone knows someone who knows someone, etc....

Thanks so much again to all the Sioux fans for sending our clip all over the country. We're still in awe of the support you've shown us, and on behalf of our considerably smaller fan base we hope to do the same for you in the future.

Chris Del Vecchio '06

Director of Programming

WCHC-FM

Forecheck:

If any of your jerseys fall through PM me. I'll start the waiting list. I was in South Carolina all last week so I was unable to put my name down. I'm in Milwaukee so I could hand you a check on Thursday.

You're going to make me even more depressed. :lol: I can't make it to Milwaukee this year. My boss denied my request to take the 6th off and I'm quitting my job and moving to Denver, so no money.

Good idea on the waiting list. I'll let you know if anyone backs out. So far it looks like everyone is sending the money though.

You're going to make me even more depressed. :lol: I can't make it to Milwaukee this year. My boss denied my request to take the 6th off and I'm quitting my job and moving to Denver, so no money.

Good idea on the waiting list. I'll let you know if anyone backs out. So far it looks like everyone is sending the money though.

I would also like to be put on a waiting list!! My computer wasn't working over the weekend and I wanted Kolbra's jersey SO BAD!!! Oh well, we'll see what happens I suppose. Go Sioux!!

So I just checked my email and got good news and bad news.

The good news: the lady from the athletic dept. said she's sure she can get the whole team to sign all the jerseys.

The bad news:

"Please don't hate me for this email. The head of my department has ordered me to rescind 4 of the jerseys that I promised to you and your group. I feel terrible about this, but there was a lack of communication and these jerseys were delegated to a big alumni donor of the school. They are numbers 3, 7, 10 and 19. Please let those who chose these jerseys know and I will work on getting the info of the people who made the jerseys to see if we can get authentic ones made vs. the replicas you are going to order from the school store.

Again, I am so sorry about this and hope it doesn't anger the others."

I would be willing to give up my jersey (#10) to one of those 4 people whose jersey is being recalled. I don't know what to do about the rest. :lol: Sorry guys.

I bet our donor was bigger than their donor. Too ban about the alum, I understand that I will be farther down on the list now, but just letting you know there are more out here who want one. You would think the athletic dept. would find a few more that were worn and changed between periods.

The good news: the lady from the athletic dept. said she's sure she can get the whole team to sign all the jerseys.

The bad news:

"Please don't hate me for this email. The head of my department has ordered me to rescind 4 of the jerseys that I promised to you and your group. I feel terrible about this, but there was a lack of communication and these jerseys were delegated to a big alumni donor of the school. They are numbers 3, 7, 10 and 19. Please let those who chose these jerseys know and I will work on getting the info of the people who made the jerseys to see if we can get authentic ones made vs. the replicas you are going to order from the school store.

Again, I am so sorry about this and hope it doesn't anger the others."

I would be willing to give up my jersey (#10) to one of those 4 people whose jersey is being recalled. I don't know what to do about the rest. :lol: Sorry guys.

Humm, forecheck, your jersey, #10, has been recalled as well. I ordered two and will be willing to give one up to one of the folks whose jersey was recalled. I don't have time to go and check which one I want and which one I'll give up. Probably will give up the second one I put in for. Let me know if someone wants it before tomorrow as that is when I'm mailing out my money to you.

The bad news:

I'll live. My #19 was probably a XXXL anyways. I'd appreciate hearing any info about how to get an authentic un-game-worn one made though.