forecheck - #10

zqglmtv - #3

BigGreyAnt -#5

engelbunny - #23

AZSIOUX - no number

Sioux Yeah Yeah - no number

LFSPRO - no number

Unclaimed jerseys

2 - Frank O'Grady D JR 5-7 175 Kimberley, British Columbia/Helena Bighorns (AWHL)

4 - Shane McAdam D FR 6-0 200 Hamilton, Ontario/Hamilton Red Wings (OPJHL)

6 - Brian Gabriel D SO 6-1 180 Kenai, Alaska/Wichita Falls Rustiers (NAHL)

15 - Chris Trovato F SO 5-10 170 North Attleboro, Mass./Noble & Greenough School (NEPSAC)

17 - Kai Magnussen F FR 5-10 190 Okotoks, Alberta/Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL)

26 - Dewey Thomson F FR 6-0 185 Northbridge, Mass./St. Paul's School (NEPSAC)

31 - Charlie Lockwood G FR 6-0 185 Breckenridge, Colo./Bridgewater Bandits (EJHL)

32 - J.R. Butler F SO 6-1 190 Marlboro, Mass./Cushing Academy (NEPSAC)

33 - Bryce Nantes F SO 5-11 175 Calgary, Alberta/Yorkton Terriers (SJHL)

I like this picture. :lol:

celebration_v5y6741-lg.jpg

Forecheck,

Put me down for #15. I gotta have something to remember what a great weekend of hockey it was. Thanks.

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know where I could get a copy of the highlight clip they played at the beginning of the ND-HC game?

When you find out, let me know. I've wanted videos of the intros since they moved into the arena. The "gopher definition" and "we're not in kansas" were the best clips. Best team intro was from the first year set to a Godsmack song IIRC.

LFSPRO had a good idea. Would anyone be interested in having their jersey signed by the team if I can get the PR lady to set it up for us?

Jerseys claimed

undhockey - #28

farce poobah - #7 and #21

MafiaMan - #19

Sioux-cia - #11

NorthDakotaHockey - #29

nodakvindy - #14

forecheck - #10

zqglmtv - #3

BigGreyAnt -#5

engelbunny - #23

LFSPRO - #2

7<4 - #15

Unclaimed jerseys

4 - Shane McAdam D FR 6-0 200 Hamilton, Ontario/Hamilton Red Wings (OPJHL)

31 - Charlie Lockwood G FR 6-0 185 Breckenridge, Colo./Bridgewater Bandits (EJHL)

BAHHHHHHHHH I wanted 15. That's the smallest person left, and it's Evan Schwabe's old number.

7>4, if 15 doesn't have any significance to you, would you trade?

I chose one of the smaller players too. :lol: I didn't overlook a post where you requested one, did I? :lol: I hope not.

I'd definitely be interested in this.

I would be but I don't know if it an be done. When I bought my throw back jerseys the money went to the Make a Wish Foundation. I was told that because the money was going to charity the jerseys couldn't be signed. I wasn't given any other rationale. BUT it doesn't hurt to ask! :lol:

I would be but I don't know if it an be done. When I bought my throw back jerseys the money went to the Make a Wish Foundation. I was told that because the money was going to charity the jerseys couldn't be signed. I wasn't given any other rationale. BUT it doesn't hurt to ask! :lol:

Well, isn't your paperboy's cousin's girlfriend's godfather's son Tony Quesada? So you can get yours signed.

Sioux-cia, that would suck if they couldn't sign our jerseys just because the money goes to charity. I guess I don't understand that one. Oh well, it's worth a shot! Only 5 jerseys left....who wants them! :lol:

Jerseys claimed

undhockey - #28

MafiaMan - #19

Sioux-cia - #11

NorthDakotaHockey - #29

nodakvindy - #14

forecheck - #10

zqglmtv - #3

BigGreyAnt -#5

engelbunny - #23

LFSPRO - #2

7<4 - #15

fargosioux - #4

Runningwiththedogs - #6

Unclaimed jerseys

Question #1: Now what happens if we decide on all the jerseys, then find out some of them were auctioned off already?

Question #2: Any ideas when we'll need to come up with this money?

Question #3: How the hell do we explain to people that we spent $200 for a Holy Cross jersey?

Question #4: I never got an answer before, are these the exact jerseys they wore when they beat the gophers?

Sorry...they just kept coming to me...

Question #1: Now what happens if we decide on all the jerseys, then find out some of them were auctioned off already?

We shouldn't run into that problem. I emailed the PR director this morning and told her that it looked like we would have enough people interested to buy a majority if not all of the jerseys, and she emailed me back this afternoon and said "Cool, keep me posted." It was just Friday when she contacted Coach Pearle about the jerseys, and this was the list he said he would make available to us. She made it sound like they haven't been able to auction jerseys off in the past because there isn't enough interest in buying them, so they're pretty excited to have our support!

Question #2: Any ideas when we'll need to come up with this money?
I won't know anything about the money until I contact the athletic department on Monday. We didn't hash out any details when I first contacted the PR director because I didn't know if people would actually be interested in spending money on game worn jerseys. It was just an idea. I'm assuming though that we would pay for them pretty quickly and that they will set something up so that each person can pay online for their jersey.

Question #3: How the hell do we explain to people that we spent $200 for a Holy Cross jersey?

Just tell them that Sioux fans are the most dedicated fans when it comes to torturing Gopher fans/players. :lol: Plus, anybody has to like a team that works hard and overcomes the odds!

Question #4: I never got an answer before, are these the exact jerseys they wore when they beat the gophers?

I don't know for sure, but I would think so. I can't imagine they have more than 1 jersey of each color. I could be wrong though. I suppose I could ask. If they are the exact jerseys worn when Holy Cross beat the Gophers, then mine is pictured here. :lol:

celebration_v5y6741-lg.jpg

Even though this is already posted in another thread, it belongs here, too.

http://www.nhl.com/features/college/college033006.html

Not only was the Holy Cross OT upset, 4-3, over Minnesota in the West Regional semifinal a first-ever No. 4 seed victory over a No. 1 seed in four years of the new alignment of 16 teams, but it is also considered by most pundits to be the biggest upset in NCAA puck history. ... Minnesota went 0-7 on the power play that game, after entering with a nation-best 23.1 percent rating. ...

I don't know for sure, but I would think so. I can't imagine they have more than 1 jersey of each color. I could be wrong though. I suppose I could ask. If they are the exact jerseys worn when Holy Cross beat the Gophers, then mine is pictured here. :lol:

That would be great if you could ask. It would make it that much more worth the money to know that they are the same jerseys.

And hell, even if they aren't, I'll tell people they are.

BAHHHHHHHHH I wanted 15. That's the smallest person left, and it's Evan Schwabe's old number.

7>4, if 15 doesn't have any significance to you, would you trade?

No problem Dogs. You take 15 and I'll take 17. 15 has no real significance for me, other than having this sinking feeling that Zajac is going to have a huge couple games next week.

The clip was played again this morning over AM1110 WTBQ in Warwick NY on the "Anything Goes"program. It was shortened a bit to about 6 minutes. The program will be rebroadcast tonight, Sunday April 2, at 11 pm EDT over www.wtbq.com..the clip is at the end of the program (close to midnight EDT is when it will play). I may be a bit partial since the play by play announcer is my son Craig Lowell but it was a blast to hear and play!

Frank Lowell

Anything Goes

www.wtbq.com

The clip was played on AM1110 WTBQ in Warwick (Orange County) NY on Tuesday March 28 around 8:05 am. Unfortunately no recording of it was made or the discussion on it that followed...but a number of people commented on how great it sounded! :lol:

I emailed my contact person in the athletic department these questions, and she responded back that she will ask Coach Pearle tomorrow and find out some answers.

There are a few people who have questions about the jerseys. We have some real crazy hockey fanatics around here, so don't laugh when you read this!

1. Are these the exact same jerseys worn when Holy Cross beat Minnesota in the West Regional?

2. Would the hockey team be willing to sign the jerseys?

3. There are 2 guys who both want Reinhardt's (#14) jersey. Would one of them be able to buy the home #14 jersey for $200? I'm not sure if you are already auctioning off the home jerseys, but I told him I would ask.

Jerseys claimed

undhockey - #28

MafiaMan - #19

Sioux-cia - #11

NorthDakotaHockey - #29

nodakvindy - #14

forecheck - #10

zqglmtv - #3

BigGreyAnt -#5

engelbunny - #23

LFSPRO - #2

7<4 - #17

fargosioux - #4

Runningwiththedogs - #15

CVCL - #26

Unclaimed jerseys

:lol: On behalf of Holy Cross alumni and students around the country, let me add my thanks for all the hospitality shown to our team and fans who visited Grand Forks a couple of weeks ago.

Though we are primarily known for and have a proud heritage in basketball (Bob Cousy, Tommy Heinsohn and others as well as past winners of the NCAA and NIT tournaments), our hockey team has been coming along under the direction of Paul Pearl, another HC alum and great coach.

We don't have the long hockey tradition of the Fighting Sioux and our relationship only goes back 2 years (when we also lost to you by 3 goals in the NCAAs in Colorado) but we are hopeful that you will return the favor we did for you by knocking off Minnesota by knocking off Holy Cross' long-time rival Boston College in Milwaukee.

Though I've only been to North Dakota once, on business, I'll be sure to wear my Crusader gear the next time I'm there. I go to Minneapolis much more frequently but don't think they'd appreciate me wearing the purple of Holy Cross.

Best of luck in the Frozen Four!