SiouxSports.com Forum

Spirko

fargosioux

I don't recall seeing any discussion about this on ss.com, but I've had a couple different people tell me in the last few days that they heard Spirko may be heading to Europe when the season is over. Has anybody else heard anything? Let's hope this is just some clown starting a rumor to try to get a rise out of some people!

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have heard that as well, i heard his family needs the money or something, i have no proof, but if that is the case it is more than a good reason for him to leave and play in my opinion.

Siouxhockey5

if thats the case then thats what sparky needs to do!!

This would be a huge loss if Spirko left. He is a player that would be a great 4-year player, getting better each year, much like Panzer did. I could see him being a leader on this team for the next two seasons, and challenging for the Hobey in his senior season.

Let's hope that this is all just a rumor and that he will return for his jr/sr years.

I was visiting with a friend of the players a couple nights ago.. sounds like we are loseing more than just sparky.. if he is leaving, i have no conformation on that. my friend said 3 juniors, 1 sophmore, and most likely 2 freshman will all be departing after the season!!! IF this happens, i dunno. I know that nothing is a forsure deal until the paper work is done, but dont be suprised!

I was visiting with a friend of the players a couple nights ago.. sounds like we are loseing more than just sparky.. if he is leaving, i have no conformation on that. my friend said 3 juniors, 1 sophmore, and most likely 2 freshman will all be departing after the season!!! IF this happens, i dunno. I know that nothing is a forsure deal until the paper work is done, but dont be suprised!

Is your friend named "wishful rodent thinking?"

Yeah right........I vote we keep the speculation on hold until after the season and focus on the frozen four. No need to stir the RUMOR mill. He said this she said that. That is the reason heresay does not stand in court.

I wish Sparky needing money hadn't been posted. I fear that a certain unnamed Dogz fans, may seek to exploit this... :ohmy::D

If this hearsay were actually true, Sparky's accredited degree from a US school would be worth far more to his family in the long run. I'm glad to have Sparky here and look forward to seeing him play for 4 years.

Could it be that he's just going home for the summer like most college students? Last year after the Frozen Four I talked to some of the team and they all had plans to go home for the summer.

IIRC, last year he went home to Slovakia during the summer months.

I won't believe any of this until Kessel holds a press conference to confirm it.

Maybe he is so embarassed by being outperformed and outclassed by Oshie and Toews that he has decided to take his one move to Major Junior instead. :lol: Where he can get outperformed by the 16 year old Esposito and 15 year old Tavares instead. ;)

Maybe he is so embarassed by being outperformed and outclassed by Oshie and Toews that he has decided to take his one move to Major Junior instead. :lol: Where he can get outperformed by the 16 year old Esposito and 15 year old Tavares instead. ;)

maybe he's joined the OUTSIDERS CLUB and now that RY RY is gone and we all know Oh Danny Boy is soon to follow him to the AHL, that he is gonna be lonely on the power play and will sign on draft day and get upstaged by the NEXT ONE in Penguin land

maybe he's joined the OUTSIDERS CLUB and now that RY RY is gone and we all know Oh Danny Boy is soon to follow him to the AHL, that he is gonna be lonely on the power play and will sign on draft day and get upstaged by the NEXT ONE in Penguin land

unless pitt has the 3rd pick he will not be next to the real "NEXT ONE" and russian dynamo malkin, he will go to the 3rd pick........

how are irmen and rypo gonna live without eachother :D