SiouxSports.com Forum

Spirko

fargosioux

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gopher fans at GPL welcome fans of other teams.

Sure...keep telling yourself that. :glare::D

My first few posts over there were right after the UMN/UND series at the Ralph when Irmen and Chorney did their 'jersey tugs'. I made a simple comment about how I felt that type of celebration wasn't needed, and that I didn't like it when either player did it. I got ripped instantly by 3 or 4 Gopher fans, telling me to 'go back to USCHO or SS.com' and calling me a troll, even though I mentioned both Chorney AND Irmen in my original post.

I will say that a few Gopher fans, whom I have 'known' for years from posting here or over on USCHO, backed me and told the other Gopher fans that I wasn't a troll.

But I would hardly say that I was welcomed over there with open arms like you say.

No doubt that Triouxper is awfully harsh, but you came to the Sioux board and started this.

"Sorry to burst your puke green bubble" - Not exactly objective discussion.

Minnesota has talent, the Sioux have talent. The majority of posters here are Sioux fans as this is the SiouxSports Message board. As a fan of another team you have to expect others to stand up for the home team. If I post a non-inflamatory bit on GPL saying that the SIoux freshmen were more impressive in my opinion than the gophers I'm going to get ripped despite the hospitable nature of the post. That's fine because it's a gopher board.

In short, if you call the Sioux puke green you are obviously looking for attention and/or trouble. Grew up and post something of any value, or voice your contrary opinion in an adult fashion or go home.

Sagard is a gopher fan that is well respected despite his allegence. Just be respectful dude

Not that it really matters but no he didn't. He just swallowed the bait.

Not that I want to get into a "He started it!" contest, but this latest round of Kessel bashing began with a Gopher fan responding to a post that was more than two weeks old.

No doubt that Triouxper is awfully harsh, but you came to the Sioux board and started this.

"Sorry to burst your puke green bubble" - Not exactly objective discussion.

That was in response to Triouxper saying "sorry to burst your yellow and brown bubble." Now I'll admit, that's not that bad of a thing for the Triouxper to say but why do you just ignore that he said that and make a false claim that Piper came on the board and started this with his "puke green bubble" comment?

This is another example of Sioux fans just ignoring what the Triouxper says and jumping all over what a Gopher fans says. I'm really surprised that their aren't more Sioux fans who are embarrassed to be associated with this guy.

Aside from all of that I really hope Spirko stays.

I kind of hope he stays too because then that would indicate that these rumors about his parents badly needing money may not be true. I think it would be sad if Spirko was pretty much forced to leave a university and go back home just to make money.

That was in response to Triouxper saying "sorry to burst your yellow and brown bubble." Now I'll admit, that's not that bad of a thing for the Triouxper to say but why do you just ignore that he said that and make a false claim that Piper came on the board and started this with his "puke green bubble" comment?

This is another example of Sioux fans just ignoring what the Triouxper says and jumping all over what a Gopher fans says. I'm really surprised that their aren't more Sioux fans who are embarrassed to be associated with this guy.

Don't lump all of these good Sioux fans in with me, I am the exception to the rule. We all have our crosses to bear, and being an a$$hole is mine. However, it never ceases to amaze me at how thin some people's skin is, it must be very difficult for some of you to function is this cruel world.

I kind of hope he stays too because then that would indicate that these rumors about his parents badly needing money may not be true. I think it would be sad if Spirko was pretty much forced to leave a university and go back home just to make money.

Agreed,Sparky is way too much fun too watch to have something like that keep him from coming back.

I also hope Spirko stays. When someone like Zajac signs early you congratulate him and be happy for him. But Spirko's situation is totally different. It certainly would be noble of him to go back home and help his family in need, but that would be a sad way to leave his university.

I think the gopher bubble would have been described with a different adjective if he intended to stir things up. I don't take any offense being told that I have green colored glasses, but the additional adjective is used solely as an insult.

I too wish Spirko to stay. I also think that Kessel should spend a year in the USHL to polish up his game before he embarrasses himself in the WCHA again :glare:

I also hope Spirko stays. When someone like Zajac signs early you congratulate him and be happy for him. But Spirko's situation is totally different. It certainly would be noble of him to go back home and help his family in need, but that would be a sad way to leave his university.

Has anyone else confirmed this is actually a true story or something that was dreamed up by some troll from Minny.

Has anyone else confirmed this is actually a true story or something that was dreamed up by some troll from Minny.

I've seen it mentioned on numerous threads on USCHO and here. I don't know if it's true or not... it would be great news if it turned out to be just a rumor because it sounded like a sad situation.