SiouxSports.com Forum

Superstitions

Upper Deck

I was just wondering if anyone has any superstitions while watching the Sioux?

Do you know of any current or former players' superstitions? I always see a Sioux player (Prpich?) leave his stick outside the locker room - superstitious?

I was just wondering if anyone has any superstitions while watching the Sioux?

Do you know of any current or former players' superstitions? I always see a Sioux player (Prpich?) leave his stick outside the locker room - superstitious?

I haven't moved my Sioux jersey from it's exact positioning that it was in last weekend on my couch. It started the Wisconsin game on me. After the first Wisconsin goal, I removed it; after the second Wisconsin goal, it found it's current strategic position on my couch. On top of that, I changed T-shirts last Friday, to my green "Sioux Hockey" shirt, following the second Wisconsin goal. It's game day, my jersey sits in it's exact position, as no one has come close to it all week, and I'm wearing my green t-shirt again. But that's not superstitious, that's normal right? :)

I haven't moved my Sioux jersey from it's exact positioning that it was in last weekend on my couch. It started the Wisconsin game on me. After the first Wisconsin goal, I removed it; after the second Wisconsin goal, it found it's current strategic position on my couch. On top of that, I changed T-shirts last Friday, to my green "Sioux Hockey" shirt, following the second Wisconsin goal. It's game day, my jersey sits in it's exact position, as no one has come close to it all week, and I'm wearing my green t-shirt again. But that's not superstitious, that's normal right? :)

No . . . not at all . . . :)

I discovered last weekend during the same game that whenever I needed to go to the bathroom after consuming an adult beverage, the opposing team scored. So either no beverages :) or no bathroom breaks - unless we're up by quite a few goals . . .

Jordy is always the last Sioux player to leave the ice between periods. He also took his water bottle off the top of the net this year. Anyone else notice he untied it and threw it to the bench before a game at the F5? :)

Probably afraid of Prp's backwash.

I wear my emerald and diamond ring (thanks, Ma!), a pink tee shirt, pink panties, and (at the Sioux games at the Final Five) my game worn green Prp jersey. I stopped wearing my emeral earrings (thanks, Ma) and we started winning. I do wear other clothes too :) but nothing special. My friend wore my white game worn Prp jersey at the Final Five Sioux gameS and WILL wear it this week end.

There's not a superstituos bone in me. :)

I noticed at the Final Five that at the end of warm-ups, Prpich is among the last players to leave the ice. Both times he threw a puck down at the opposing net. The first night someone from WI noticed it at the last moment and got a stick on it to prevent it from going in. On Saturday night "A SHOT AND A GOALLLLLLLL!".

I grew a beard last year for the playoffs, and vowed to keep it until we hang #8. Some of my buddies also grew "playoff beards" for this year. Also, I've had good luck wearing my white throwback jersey. I eat onion rings before the games. That happened by accident one night when I let Miss Triouxper order my game food, and somehow between her and whoever took the order I ended up with onion rings instead of hot wings, they ended up winning and so now I have onion rings.

My wife and I keep saying that what we wear has no bearing on the game.

But then why the heck am I wearing the same clothes tonight that I wore last Friday when we beat Wisconsin? Everything has been cleaned of course.

I seriously debated whether or not to wash my green t-shirt that I'm wearing! :)

I have been wearing my Andy Schneider game worn away jersey over my "I am not hostile or abusive" t-shirt since the recent winning streak started. I will continue to wear them until April 8th when we complete the streak by taking home the FIGHTING SIOUX's 8th National NCAA division 1 hockey title!

After we score a goal, or two, or three, I always have to high five people in the same order. And I've got a light green and a dark green long sleeved shirt to wear under my jersey, but they only seem to win when I wear the light green one, so I'll be wearing that one again this weekend

Last year they had an 80's night and I wore my jersey from college - it has never been a "good luck" symbol - in fact it's about 50/50. I went over to my sister's to pick her up for the game and she just freaked. She said what the *&^$^&^* do you have on? I told her not to worry, I brought my Panzer game worn jersey with and woudl switch if need be. About half way through the second period we were down by 1 and I kept getting dirty looks from my sister so I went and changed. By the end of the 2nd we were tied up. She threw me her car keys and said "Get that 'thing' out of this building." I ended up taking it out to her car and the Sioux ended up winning. Needless to say my 80's jersey hasn't been out of the closet since. :)

When I was in the marching band, the girls couldn't wear big earrings or hoops and jewelry in general was discouraged. I have an emerald ring that I always wore under my gloves when we took the field. I continued to wear that ring at hockey games. :)

You make me proud!!! :)