SiouxSports.com Forum

Momentum or "prove the world wrong"

Upper Deck

Anyone remember this thread? Check out some of the comments and predictions. Hindsight is always 20/20.

Thud, that sound you hear is the Gophers leaving the NCAA tourney. Who would have thought. But as someone mentioned its better UND got to play a tough oppenent to start to the tourney off and get pumped up. .

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thud, that sound you hear is the Gophers leaving the NCAA tourney. Who would have thought. But as someone mentioned its better UND got to play a tough oppenent to start to the tourney off and get pumped up. .

So, are you trying to say, if Holy Cross had a tougher opponent on Friday night, UND could have LOST to them? ;):)

I'm sorta glad that we have a game to play Friday rather than a game against a "weaker" opponent.

Looking back in my mind I think the Sioux at least play better after playing a tough opponent.

When the NCAA tournement was had 12 teams, the night off for the #1 seeds didn' t always help us. I think we started slow in some of those games: 1998 (against Michigan) and 1999 (against BU?) come to mind. Remembering those games it didn't seem that we had more legs then either team in the third period.

On the other hand it's probably hard for Minnesota to really get pumped up for their game against HC. I'm sure they could get pumped up against either Us or Michigan as we are both rivals for them. If they do overlook HC they might get surprised. Some of the first round teams gave the #1 seeds good games last year.

But if Minnesota does get pumped up for Holy Cross, they might score 7 goals in the first period. It will be hard for them to keep the play up for 60 minutes. That could also affect how they come out Saturday night against us or Michigan.

Our task is a bit simpler. We either play 120 minutes of our-style hockey, or we're done for the year.

I'm feeling pretty good about this post. If my head get's too big I just have to check out my bracket predictions. ;)

I predict the Gophers take out some frustration and win a 5-1 game (if the HC goalie is on) or a 12-1 game. 60 shots on goal by the Gophers would not suprise me. Bemidji is a much better team and should not have been given the lower seed. At least they scheduled some good games.

I'm glad you are, termie. jloos wasn't so lucky. ;)

...but I think the Gophs aren't in as much trouble as people are saying. In my opinion, the goaltending wasn't THAT bad on Friday.

If Miami gets hot, the might have a shot.. if Wisco stays hot, they have a great chance. And it looks like BU is a real contender from out east.

;) Neither was rushmore88.

Hey MafiaMan, are you the guy with the prpich jersey that was on the big screen?

Also, the photograph on yesterdays forum sports page with the lone gopher fan sitting with his hands folded among a throng of UND faithful is priceless. He's right behind the sioux bench in first row...funny...

Hey MafiaMan, are you the guy with the prpich jersey that was on the big screen?

Also, the photograph on yesterdays forum sports page with the lone gopher fan sitting with his hands folded among a throng of UND faithful is priceless. He's right behind the sioux bench in first row...funny...

Apparently I was on the jumbo-tron several times this weekend in addition to being on FSN and ESPN2. I was wearing a white #19 jersey with my name on the back. Was my bald head visible?

I didn't see the Forum picture...got a link?

http://www.in-forum.com/gfx/photos/full/X00073_92.JPG

I saw him at the arena on Saturday night and do give him points for actually wearing that jersey. Right on the button, though...priceless. Someone needs to make some artwork out of that:

Gas and hotel money to Grand Forks: $150

Tickets to Western Regional: $63

Sitting in center-ice seats watching the Sioux play Holy Cross while your team is already back in Minneapolis: Priceless

No comment necessary.

I can't help but notice bucky and slappy's absence on the board, did something happen fella's. Perhaps the biggest upset in college hockey history. ;) Nothing shuts an idiot up faster than their beloved team getting it stuffed up their backside by a complete underdog. Have a nice off season bucky and slappy. (I shouldn't say absence, but less post's)

I saw him at the arena on Saturday night and do give him points for actually wearing that jersey. Right on the button, though...priceless. Someone needs to make some artwork out of that:

Gas and hotel money to Grand Forks: $150

Tickets to Western Regional: $63

Sitting in center-ice seats watching the Sioux play Holy Cross while your team is already back in Minneapolis: Priceless

;)

There was a group of about 6 30-35 year old Goofer fans sitting a row behind and to the left of me. When they lost, they sat there speechless with their arms folded over their big "M" jerseys for a good 20 minutes. I think a couple of them were even crying. I didn't see them after that.

There was a group of Gophers we met after the game that were being pretty good sports. We (and others) bought them some "green" shots to ease their pain.

My seat was actually the one in 116. I decided to be nice and sit by my dad for the Championship game. :) I do seem to get around the arena though. I'm quite the seat whore. ;)

Since the Sioux used the pbox next to your 109 seat, you'd have had noone to give crap to when they visited the sin bin. Imagine it was disappointing when the Gopher pbox became the Sioux pbox after one game.

I can't help but notice bucky and slappy's absence on the board, did something happen fella's. Perhaps the biggest upset in college hockey history. ;) Nothing shuts an idiot up faster than their beloved team getting it stuffed up their backside by a complete underdog. Have a nice off season bucky and slappy. (I shouldn't say absence, but less post's)

If I may defend Slap Shot (who I assume you're referring to with "slappy"), he's not absent at all.

Apparently I was on the jumbo-tron several times this weekend in addition to being on FSN and ESPN2. I was wearing a white #19 jersey with my name on the back. Was my bald head visible?

I didn't see the Forum picture...got a link?

That was a bald spot? I thought it was a camera flash or something directly behind and above your head...that explains it... ;)