SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux v Badgers

southpaw

wow, right after sioux game the ccha semifinal is on

northern michigan was up 2-0, but miami scored 3 to take the lead. we want miami to win, because everytime they do, we get more in the pwr.

ps, we want michigan state to lose both games this weekend.

Wow, are there actually PEOPLE there? Must keep the first 20 or so rows empty? Must be the view? :huh:

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't recall Prpich being afraid to fight anyone. He runs his mouth, and does it well, as he gets under virtually everyone's skin, but he's not afraid to throw if he has to.

also, prpich doesn't dive everytime someone touches him. earl had 3 dives his game, and wisco fans can't believe other fans believe he's a diver.

Robbie Earle.....what a pusshy.....("Oh, I didn't score, now I think my leg hurts. Oh, I couldn't split the defense, now my ankle hurts.")....how could anyone with a micron of a hockey brain make a comparison between Prpich and Earle? One guy blocks shots, gives up his body for the good of the team, doesn't back down from anyone (maybe to a fault). The other guy is an opportunist (very skilled, at that) that expects the refs to let him roam at will. If he actually was tripped on the play that Mozzaco whined about, it's only fitting that the ref looked the other way. Earle's career has been based on getting the weak calls for phantom hooks and trips, and now it finally has caught up to him, and it's about time!

Does anyone else feel that Mazzoco seemed to be a Wisconsin cheerleader during most of the telecast today? Lots of luck on the ND goals, but no mention of the Wisconsin horse shoe that kept the puck out of their net a couple of times. I think that Frankie and the Golden boys are probably krapping in their breezers after seeing the "Big Green Menace" in action today.

Great to see Kaip finally get rewarded for his hard work. Woog said something like, "The kid can shoot, how come he hasn't scored before?" Well, after watching Kaip play on the "tube" for the past season and a half, I have to agree....why hasn't he scored more? Maybe this shot of confidence might unleash some more offense from #17..... My son called from Arizona during the 2nd intermission and said it was only fitting that a guy wearing a green shirt with the number 17 on it should score a couple on St. Patrick's Day! Maybe he's got something there?

By the way, to the guy who wondered why the coaching staff hasn't "fixed" Duncan so he doesn't shoot so high all of the time.........I hope you were watching today's first goal for the Sioux.........that's why!

I don't care who the Sioux get to play tomorrow night, this is AWESOME hockey and a great job by Hak, Bubs, and Birdie. Go Sioux!!!!!!! :huh:

You guys are totally hilarious ... read the thread after just getting back from the X.

DUDE!

SWEET!

DUDE!

SWEET!

Sioux remain undefeated all-time on St Patrick's day vs Wisconsin. (OK, technically its now 2-0 but hang with me here...)

The pain of those November whuppins is not so distant, and in both games it could have been 8-2 except that JPar played out of his mind. Point being, the Sioux have improved tremendously in the 120 days between matches. In particular, we're now playing as a team; guys have poise with the puck, work to get open before we have possession, positional play is generally very sound.

I think the extra timeouts also helped UND today. Down two regulars, it gives the coaches the option of shortening the bench. What I thought I saw late today is a bunch of line juggling, with 10 forwards seeing a lot of time .. and Miller and Marvin the occasional shift.

Also, we were hitting early on, which is ALWAYS a good sign.

More to come. Go Huskies. Go Wolverines. Go Toothpaste.

I guess I felt that Mazacco and Woog were about normal, not really any better or worse. They did give Oshie quite a few compliments, but that's about it. Nothing they said really surprised me, other than how Zach Parise kept making guest appearances in net. :huh:

Well, this will be an interesting Final Five championship game: the desperate Huskies needing a win to extend their season vs. the Sioux who probably have nothing to play for. Barring some really strange outcomes in other conference tourneys, I don't think the Sioux can improve on their No. 2 seed. I suppose we could all adopt the UMTC line and call this a "meaningless" game. :huh:

I took my sister to the X yesterday for the game. She's not seen the Sioux in a couple of years, and she commented time after time about their talent, grit and determination. After going down 2-0, I think a lot of young teams might've rolled up the tents, but this team surprised me again. Is their youth helping them now? They certainly played as if they never had a doubt that they'd come back and beat the BADgers.

It was a rush to hear the Sioux nation make their presence known at the end of the national anthem, both before the afternoon game and at last night's tilt. We sat in front of some die-hard Gopher fans who commented that it was pretty cool to hear "...and the home of the SIOUX" even when UND is not playing.

I was surprised to see how poor the Sioux's record is in Final Five championship games; time to change that tonight. And regardless of the "home" ice advantage for the Gophers, the WCHA should never

Just stopping at the room and off again. Now that was fun!!!! Wisconsin pouts. :huh: And what is with this Michigan Tech ?? band?

The tech band is maybe the best pep band I have ever heard, sorry UND... They were great and did 4 different versus to in heaven there is no beer. I thought there was just 1.

I found these lyrics, but these are a little different:

http://lyricsplayground.com/alpha/songs/i/...eisnobeer.shtml

Also the sioux fans were loud and proud. I got to stand right behind the huge robbie earl dive flag. 15,000 fans cheers when "from wisconsin, #10, Robbie Earl, Unsportsman line conduct, diving" was read...

The Sioux played with heart and were the better of two good teams. We had a Wicso rube in front of us who when wisco scored to make it 2-0 , turned around and said, "that's the game." After the game, I reminded him that we played without our best player.

Way to go Kaip , a scoring machine! Lee, really struggled getting the puck out of the zone, but look good on all but 1 PP. Chorney, Jones, and Smaby were rock solid as always. Smaby was on a 60 minute search and destroy mission. Smaby also played huge minutes in the third. Radke sucked and was almost entirely responsible for Wisconsin's 2nd goal. He is the weakest of the 6 D-men. Parise, kept the game exciting, but kept the puck out of the net.

Toews, shoot the puck!!! stop passing so much, you have the greatest shot I have ever seen in a sioux uni. Be selfish. Oshie, sparky (despite missing an open net 2 minutes in), and Zajac all looked really good. Prpich had a great spin move and shot, but as is typically the case with him, no goal.

I guess I felt that Mazacco and Woog were about normal, not really any better or worse. They did give Oshie quite a few compliments, but that's about it. Nothing they said really surprised me, other than how Zach Parise kept making guest appearances in net. :huh:

Mazocco likes to say the whole name "Ratislov Spirko", while Doug takes the easy route and just says, "Spirkov".

Suprisingly, sounds like Wisco are the new poster boys for Wooger's, "they lack an offensive defensemen" rants, a position the Sioux have owned in Wooger's mind for several years.

A bit late for this bump, but it is probably a deserving bump. We were at the Badger game. Big big Sioux moxy was shown by coming back from being down on the Badgers and Elliott 2-0. This is the time of year when you want your team winning, and brimming with confidence, not struggling and second guessing. The Don can say all he wants about that theory.

Anyway, my daughter and her friend, have been Kaip's biggest fans from the day he first showed heart in his early shifts as a freshman. They hung in there through his injury. Would always track him down and chew the fat with him. He was, and is, very gracious. So, she observes, that Kaip, wearing the green #17 on St. Patty's Day, with an Irish name (not sure about that), pops his first two collegiate goals, and what big goals they were.

Wearing the green #17 on St. Patrick's Day. We all knew before the puck dropped that he was gonna score. He damn near had the hat. Kaip and his linemates are getting better and better all the time.