SiouxSports.com Forum

Duluth at UND

jk

If you want to worry about things like motivation and momentum and recent results, this series should be close and perhaps end in a split.

- UMD finally broke a long losing streak by beating a good Wisconsin team, giving UMD a shot of confidence.

- UMD has been a better road team.

- UND hasn't been a good home team.

On the other hand, UND is just flat-out a more talented team, and has plenty of motivation to perform well. Both teams are coming off their "bye" weeks, but for UND this might be even more significant, as it is the first weekend off since the WJC. Chorney, Lee, Oshie and Toews seem to have adjusted pretty well to the beating they took in Vancouver, but perhaps this is an opportunity for them to really get their legs back for the stretch run.

I expect UND to play well, with positive results following.

Hockey again. Thank God. While I still have little to no life, and waste way too much time looking around this board, things get a bit scant on these pages while we are all twiddling our thumbs waiting again for the puck to drop. I wonder if any posters actually shot themselves over the drivel, or over the break. They could be lying near their computer with no help in sight. Everyone. Check in here now please.

We said back in October and November that the college hockey season does not really start until mid-to-late February. Too bad we weren't thinking January 27 but hey, what the heck.

So, here we are. Games on again Friday, and every weekend from here until April as long as we just win. Strap yourself in, it's gonna be a wild and heckofa ride. One day, er, I mean one game at a time.

Have to agree. We can't afford a loss with Denver on the horizon next weekend and our PWR hurting.

Denver is going to be a dog fight I watched them play last weekend on FCS channel 316 ( I wounder if the UND and DU games are on that channel next weekend) and they looked pretty good solid on Defense, especially Matt Carle.

I think UND can get a few past Fisher on Friday night then I think they can at least get a split. MSU-M played without Backus on Saturday night and didn't give DU much of a fight but I think UND can play them tougher than Mankato did. I hopeful for at least a split next weekend, that being said the Sioux need to go into Denver on the heels of a good weekend of play prior to that series hopefully with a sweep of the Bull Daugs.

Denver is going to be a dog fight I watched them play last weekend on FCS channel 316 ( I wounder if the UND and DU games are on that channel next weekend) and they looked pretty good solid on Defense, especially Matt Carle.

I checked tvguide.com and it looks like the games will be on FCS both nights. Live on Friday and tape-delayed on Saturday (10:30 pm cst).

Denver is going to be a dogfight?!? We play the Bulldogs first. That is going to be a huge dogfight.

If we don't take care of the Bulldogs this weekend, it is hardly going to matter much what happens in Denver.

First things first. One game at a time. Let's knash our teeth over Denver when it is time to knash our teeth over Denver.

Maybe they'll sweep the Gophers this weekend and go home feeling pretty good about themselves, making them soft for the underbelly kill.

Bulldogs. Two dogfights. Sioux need to come out of The Ralph saturday night with brooms in hand.

I thin you mean the Sioux fans will walk out with the brooms because they ain't sweeping UMD :lol:

Friday

UND-4

UMD-2

eng at end

Saturday

UMD-5

UMD-1

I assume you think UMD will beat UND 5-1, but even if the dogz win either night there won't be any 4 goal spread for them. That's just illogical, come on use your head.

shut up :huh:

I was typing too fast...

and I stand behind my predictions (with the edit to say UMD5, UND 1)

hey I'm just happy I can see a road game on TV that will look good. The UMD telecast on road games sucks. They use the same feed as the home team and try to put their graphics on there and it doesnt look good at all (also it seems they take too long of commercial breaks so you miss the first 15-20 seconds when they come back)

As an example, this Saturday they (WDIO) will take the feed from FSSN (including the graphic in corner) and cover up the Sioux logo with their logo (10/13), try and add a logo when UMD is on the PP and just make it look bad. I'll watch it on the FSSN :lol:

Iceburg - do you happen to know a place in Duluth that would be able to get the satellite feed for Friday night's game?

Really don't know. Any sportsbar that has a free to air receiver and a 30" or larger dish should be able to get it. Maybe Goodsports in Superior can get it.

If they need the coordinates, the game is at

Intel America 8 (the old Telstar 4 spot)

89 degrees west

frequency 11991

vertical polarity

symbol rate 4880

signal pops up about 15 minutes before game time (7:15 or so Frdiay)

I'll be watching it at my house in suburban rodent country (Shakopee)

Denver is going to be a dogfight?!? We play the Bulldogs first. That is going to be a huge dogfight.

If we don't take care of the Bulldogs this weekend, it is hardly going to matter much what happens in Denver.

First things first. One game at a time. Let's knash our teeth over Denver when it is time to knash our teeth over Denver.

Maybe they'll sweep the Gophers this weekend and go home feeling pretty good about themselves, making them soft for the underbelly kill.

Bulldogs. Two dogfights. Sioux need to come out of The Ralph saturday night with brooms in hand.

MafiaMan! Finally, your broomball skills will come in handy!

NDH, you're saying what I've been saying. Don't look past the Bulldogs, or it'll come back to haunt you. Maybe we're having a rough year, maybe we've struggled to get some wins from the Sioux in the past, but we have beaten CC, Maine, Cornell, Minnesota, and Wisconsin (although without Elliott.) What we did last week, 2 weeks ago, 2 years ago, forget that.

If the Sioux bring it for 120 minutes we have no chance. It's not that I doubt my team, but I know what your team can do.

My thoughts:

Offensively, the 'Dogs have some strong weapons, so do the Sioux. Both teams have players that are great, but inconsistent. It depends on who is hot and who is not.

Defensively, both teams are young and have some weaknesses, but the advantage is yours.

Goaltending has been more consistent for you guys. Isaac is good and even great at times, but if he has an off night, 7 or 8 goals go in. And your "#2" guy doesn't pull himself from games, so that's good. Ziggy, anyone? :lol:

But even if we got killed both nights, I'll still be wishing I was there. It's just part of being a Bulldogs fan.

I was at that game too and I remember it because it was Parise's debut game, as Brandt was serving his one-game suspension. Jordy stopped a 2-on-0 break in the closing seconds of the second period, and I said to my dad: Brandt's suspension might end up costing him more than one game.

I was at that game too and I remember it because it was Parise's debut game, as Brandt was serving his one-game suspension. Jordy stopped a 2-on-0 break in the closing seconds of the second period, and I said to my dad: Brandt's suspension might end up costing him more than one game.

I remember that. That's when we all realized that Jordy was going to be wayyyy better than we all initially thought or realized.

damn, these are big games for the sioux!! take it one period at a time and let the chips fall, will be fun here in az as we have the SIOUXPERSWING golf tourney out here this weekend , golf and watch sioux hockey! can't beat that :lol:

GO SIOUX

damn, these are big games for the sioux!! take it one period at a time and let the chips fall, will be fun here in az as we have the SIOUXPERSWING golf tourney out here this weekend , golf and watch sioux hockey! can't beat that :lol:

GO SIOUX

Wish I was there with you! Ah....golf! Sioux should sweep, but Sandy's teams never go down easy for us. They tend to play us tough. Let's hope they take a few nights off! :huh: