SiouxSports.com Forum

Duluth at UND

jk

Beersong,

If you are looking for somewhere to watch the game, maybe you can go to Iceberg's house....Prediction: The Sioux need to finish 5-1 if they want a real shot at the NCAAs...Go Sioux!!

Sadly I dont live in Duluth anymore..I'm in the middle of rodent country.

Only true hockey fans venture out in the -30 wind chill to get to a Sioux game....with the long weekend there will probably be a lot of students missing, it will be interresting to see how many people actually make it to the game Friday night. Saturday night it might be a little warmer at least!

A couple years ago our quartet of guys was there and it was -30 degrees. We missed last year, unfortunately, but we figured this year, by scheduling in mid-February, we'd miss the worst winter could give. I guess not.

You can blame it on us.

OK, we will. You now owe the rest of us a few shots of (insert favorite flavor) Schnapps.

One of my many fond memories of Sioux hockey is waiting in line for hours as a student, outside, to get my hockey tickets and being passed a bottle of Schnapps to help keep warm. I'm sure the temperature was always -30 with a wind chill making it colder than -70 every time I was in line for tickets. :lol:

OK, we will. You now owe the rest of us a few shots of (insert favorite flavor) Schnapps.

One of my many fond memories of Sioux hockey is waiting in line for hours as a student, outside, to get my hockey tickets and being passed a bottle of Schnapps to help keep warm. I'm sure the temperature was always -30 with a wind chill making it colder than -70 every time I was in line for tickets. :huh:

One of my few favorite memories of Schnapps was a Sioux/Bison football blizzard in mid 80's. I'd drank up enough courage to run through the Bison band and rip the Sioux Suck baseball hat off of one of the band members. The chase was on and certain I was about to get pummelled I flew out of the stadium and never looked back. Only later did I find out they quit the chase before we even left the bleachers. :lol:

One of my few favorite memories of Schnapps was a Sioux/Bison football blizzard in mid 80's. I'd drank up enough courage to run through the Bison band and rip the Sioux Suck baseball hat off of one of the band members. The chase was on and certain I was about to get pummelled I flew out of the stadium and never looked back. Only later did I find out they quit the chase before we even left the bleachers. :lol:

Ah, that liquid courage. It was the ruin of many a fine young man. ;) I say young man because a woman wouldn't have run away. :huh:

one of my favorites :lol:

im still looking for a copy of this game when prpich kicks some azz to put on dvd just for this fight...

I know I used to have this game on tape, but I'm not sure if I still do. With my recent move, a lot of things got thrown away, but I don't know if I would have thrown away this fight. If I find it, I'll let you know.

I know I used to have this game on tape, but I'm not sure if I still do. With my recent move, a lot of things got thrown away, but I don't know if I would have thrown away this fight. If I find it, I'll let you know.

cool, thanks

I thin you mean the Sioux fans will walk out with the brooms because they ain't sweeping UMD :lol:

Friday

UND-4

UMD-2

eng at end

Saturday

UMD-5

UND-1

I remember back in november on a cold saturday night at the DECC Sioux were down like two goals. If I remember right we came back and scored like 5 goals in one period. Hate to say it, but UND has Isaac's # figured. I would love to see stats against the Sioux with Isaac in net as far as I can remeber the Sioux have won every game - not to jinx it, just saying

I remember back in november on a cold saturday night at the DECC Sioux were down like two goals. If I remember right we came back and scored like 5 goals in one period. Hate to say it, but UND has Isaac's # figured. I would love to see stats against the Sioux with Isaac in net as far as I can remeber the Sioux have won every game - not to jinx it, just saying

While you are mostly right, my friend (and you will see me saying the same thing in many previous posts on this board and tPB), I must rebut with this http://www.collegehockeystats.net/0405/boxes/mmndndk1.d11

From tUMD press release:

No opponent has made life more miserable for tUMD goaltenders over the past few years than North Dakota. Senior Isaac Reichmuth is a mere 2-7-1 with a 4.04 goals against average and a .871 saves percentage in 12 lifetime appearances against the Fighting Sioux while his crease mate, junior Josh Johnson, owns an 0-2-1 record, a 5.18 goals against average and an .848 saves percentage figure in five career outings with North Dakota.

Johnson didn't make the trip west for this weekend so that means our backup goaltender is UNDEFEATED against the Sioux. :lol: I pray to Allah that Ziggy doesn't have to start a game - he has been BRUTAL in his limited action.

Michael Gergen-Tim Stapleton-Justin Williams

Andrew Carroll-Matt McKnight-Mike Curry

Mason Raymond-MacGregor Sharp-Nick Kemp

Matt Greer-Jeff McFarland-Bryan McGregor

Jason Garrison-Josh Meyers

Ryan Swanson-Steve Czech

Jay Cascalenda-Matt Niskanen

Travis Gawryletz

Isaac Reichmuth, Nate Ziegelmann

Hopefully they keep it close and don't embarrass themselves.

Funny, but I was just thinking the same for the home team.

They really need to show up and start playing well tonight and tomorrow night and unfortunately games like that is when they've been MIA. :D

From tUMD press release:

Johnson didn't make the trip west for this weekend so that means our backup goaltender is UNDEFEATED against the Sioux. :D I pray to Allah that Ziggy doesn't have to start a game - he has been BRUTAL in his limited action.

Yeah I had to many beers at the blue line club to remember that they pulled Isaac half way through the game on Saturday night. I hope that Ziggy does get to play (not for the wrong reasons), I went to school with his older bro, I know a lot of people that would be proad to see him play.

Check your link, but that was 2004, I thought last year was 2005, just me though!

Oh, I was just referring to a game where Isaac was in net and we did win a game, in response to your last sentence, that the Sioux have won every game where he has played. I wasn't referring to the past game in November, where he played horribly.