SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux/Huskies

Siouxdonyms

What happend? Trying to figure it out from the previous posts. Talking about cleavage in one game to starting overtime and then people complaining about the team. Is overtime over and we lost or are we just playing bad? Just logged on and need some info. please. Thanks

St. Cloud scored 18 seconds into overtime. It's over.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'04 in the Springs vs. DU.

Last night.

Tonight.

Same damn sorry story.

I know this team is young.

When are we going to get our bounces?

How the hell do the Sioux get three goals this season called incorrectly against them(ON REPLAY - AT HOME)? No wonder Sioux fans suspect an officiating conspiracy against their team.

$%&$%^%&&(*%^%^%$#

I am sick as hell.

I hate the whole &^%*#$@ world.

Motzko worships satan (weak-chinned, thin-haired jackass).

%^**)%$#%$#&^%*$%^#%$#@^&%(%^*$#%@!%$%^(^%&$#@%%#&^(&(%$%@!$%&^%**$^@^%^&^#$^$#$##@&^%*$#$^#$*^@#$^&&%**&)&*$%^@%!@#^*(%^*&%#^@&&(&&(&*^*)(_*&^&*$%&@%@#^**##^@&%*(*^%(*&)(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness only 5 more weekends of this crap! (As the Sioux will lose on the road in the WCHA Playoffs!) ;) Every week it is nothing but frustration and disappoinment from this team!!!!

1st Rounders in the NHL Draft.....yeah looks like it! :huh:

Is it golf season yet. ;)

I will always love the Fighting Sioux. But along with that comes some expectations.

What gives with being swept by SCSU? A team that has never done anything?

UND's home record is an embarrasment. We fans are all hanging our heads, and the team should be too.

So, how do you motivate a team of "Superstars" that can't get the job done? No answers here, just questioning.

I will always love the Fighting Sioux. But along with that comes some expectations.

What gives with being swept by SCSU? A team that has never done anything?

UND's home record is an embarrasment. We fans are all hanging our heads, and the team should be too.

So, how do you motivate a team of "Superstars" that can't get the job done? No answers here, just questioning.

Talent without wins = lack of coaching!

Thank goodness only 5 more weekends of this crap! (As the Sioux will lose on the road in the WCHA Playoffs!) ;) Every week it is nothing but frustration and disappoinment from this team!!!!

1st Rounders in the NHL Draft.....yeah looks like it! :huh:

Is it golf season yet. ;)

easy there...

yeah it sucks azz but we do have games to turn it around...

im not jumpin off at all, i will loan you a life vest though if you need one which it seems you do...

its always golf season down here in the desert :D

easy there...

yeah it sucks azz but we do have games to turn it around...

im not jumpin off at all, i will loan you a life vest though if you need one which it seems you do...

its always golf season down here in the desert :D

Post game disappointment removed, I would like to see this team get things going into the playoff...I just don't see it. There is talent but no results.

Look people, there is absolutely nobody more disappointed w/ this weekend's results than me - HOWEVER: This team has 13 freshmen, 9 of whom start regularly. They will struggle. It ain't their fault (they played a great two games - generally dominated - SCSU got three absolutely smelly goals out of four on the weekend - their 'tender was totally comatose). Games like this happen in hockey. Most of last year was hard to take because it was top heavy w/ seniors. Give these young men a chance to mature. They ain't yet done this year. Next year will be something special. These guys certainly didn't lay an egg this weekend. They worked their tails off and weren't rewarded. Win or lose - I LOVE MY UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX!!!!!!!!!! Everyone else can go burn in hell.

Look people, there is absolutely nobody more disappointed w/ this weekend's results than me - HOWEVER: This team has 13 freshmen, 9 of whom start regularly. They will struggle. It ain't their fault (they played a great two games - generally dominated - SCSU got three absolutely smelly goals out of four on the weekend - their 'tender was totally comatose). Games like this happen in hockey. Most of last year was hard to take because it was top heavy w/ seniors. Give these young men a chance to mature. They ain't yet done this year. Next year will be something special. These guys certainly didn't lay an egg this weekend. They worked their tails off and weren't rewarded. Win or lose - I LIVE MY UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA FIGHTING SIOUX!!!!!!!!!! Everyone else can go burn in hell.

No, we don't have to sit back and wait for these guys to mature. We should expect instant results with the caliber of recruits that we get. Do you seriously think that Stafford will be back next year? Do you think that Toews and Oshie will be around more than another year? Think about it, when you recruit like Hak has been recruiting, you can't wait for development. If you want guys to develop, then you better recruit alot of Ryan Duncan type players that have no real shot at leaving early.

No, we don't have to sit back and wait for these guys to mature. We should expect instant results with the caliber of recruits that we get. Do you seriously think that Stafford will be back next year? Do you think that Toews and Oshie will be around more than another year? Think about it, when you recruit like Hak has been recruiting, you can't wait for development. If you want guys to develop, then you better recruit alot of Ryan Duncan type players that have no real shot at leaving early.

Okay, who would you have recruited instead? MN,DU & WI recruit the same way. I love Dean Blais, but the last time he had this many freshmen, the team also struggled (mightily)!

Okay, who would you have recruited instead? MN,DU & WI recruit the same way. I love Dean Blais, but the last time he had this many freshmen, the team also struggled (mightily)!

I think you misread my post, I am not necessarily saying that UND recruited the wrong guys. What I am saying is that with those players, expectations should be high. Is it the coaching or is it the players? All I know is that Hak is 23-22-3 in the WCHA the last two years, not very impressive.

Regarding Blais, yes that Freshman loaded season was rough, but he had no way of knowing that Kollar would disappear that year.

Motzko comments:

Weird game last night. Not a lot of offense, but not a lot of whistles either.

Had to kill 6 PP, and only had 2 PP.

Goepfert didn't have to see a lot of shots from close range.

Lost radio feed during last part of interview.

That must have just burned Nancy Motzko. :huh:

I don't think it's a freshman problem. They're producing as freshman should. It's the upperclassman who need to step up. However, expecting 17 & 18 year olds to step in and play as if they're 21 or 22, immediately, is yet another asinine comment on this message board. Now, at this point in the season, the freshman can't really play the freshman card anymore, but I don't think they are doing that. This team is lacking chemistry on the ice. In regards to Dean Blais coming back...I doubt he wants to. He's succeeded at the college level, and wants his shot in the pros. Blais first few years were rough too, but turned around for him. Give Hak a chance. So many fans called for his head last year, and he turned it around. This years team is a different team, so I won't say the same will happen, but he's still only a 2nd year coach. The biggest problem is that we've been spoiled since 1997 with elite hockey teams, with the exception of one year. Everyone seems to forget the early 90s. Yes, Blais did make us a stronger program all around, and Ralph helped immensely by giving us a beautiful arena, but off years are bound to occur. No one likes it but it happens. I do think you need to recruit guys who will stay for four years, so you don't have the big turnover consistently, but we also need the top players as well.

There is no doubt this weekend makes things very tough the rest of the way. However, if they came to play, I can't get down on them too much. Hockey is a funny game, and sometimes you just have to wait for the effort to pay off. There are two very tough road weekends left, and two of the "easier" home series left. I know no weekend is easy in the WCHA, but Goepfert doesn't play for either of the remaining visitors. This zero point weekend means the Sioux cannot get swept on either road trip - a tough requirement, but a possibility. 6-2 is not an outlandish expectation for the remainder of the regular season, although 5-3 might be more realistic. That will bring them up from their current #18 PWR spot to an optimistic bubble position, and then the WCHA first-round will be a win-or-go-home proposition.

It's not fun to watch during the learning curve, but it is pretty much unavoidable. No matter the caliber of recruits, they still need to learn from their mistakes and mature physically, mentally and emotionally. (Heck, some posters still need to mature, at least mentally and emotionally.) It's not time to give up yet.

Cowboy up! The boys will be ready for March. You lucky SOBs in GF will get to watch the Sioux run the board like Denver did two years ago. Losing to JBSU sucks, but they are playing good hockey and a little luck can go a long way in hockey.

We will never give up on the Sioux!!!

Go Sioux!

Congratulations to St. Cloud. It sucks to get swept at home, and by a team below us in the standings. I alluded to it in my post last night, and Farce said it clearly....this is NOT Craig Dahl's Huskie hockey team anymore. This is a better team.

I'm not excusing scoring only 2 goals, but let's be clear that SCSU is a much better team than they've been for a few years. Unfortunately, our team isn't playing at its best potential. Not good.

There's still time, and I'll be hoping to see things come together as the season wears on, but time and opportunities are awfully short.

I'm happy to hear Hak's comments that the team seems to have played ok tonite. Maybe tonite was just one of those nights. It gives me hope that we'll see better results as time goes on.

Glad I'm not a Duluth fan this year....

There is no doubt this weekend makes things very tough the rest of the way. However, if they came to play, I can't get down on them too much. Hockey is a funny game, and sometimes you just have to wait for the effort to pay off. There are two very tough road weekends left, and two of the "easier" home series left. I know no weekend is easy in the WCHA, but Goepfert doesn't play for either of the remaining visitors. This zero point weekend means the Sioux cannot get swept on either road trip - a tough requirement, but a possibility. 6-2 is not an outlandish expectation for the remainder of the regular season, although 5-3 might be more realistic. That will bring them up from their current #18 PWR spot to an optimistic bubble position, and then the WCHA first-round will be a win-or-go-home proposition.

It's not fun to watch during the learning curve, but it is pretty much unavoidable. No matter the caliber of recruits, they still need to learn from their mistakes and mature physically, mentally and emotionally. (Heck, some posters still need to mature, at least mentally and emotionally.) It's not time to give up yet.

Forgive me, but I thought (expected) this was one of the "easier" home series.

If they go 5-3 you think that's gonna be good enough or that it's a win-or-go-home first round proposition.