SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney...oshie, lee, chorney, toews

AZSIOUX

Borque just got #6 - holy crap. Why couldn't he do that LAST year?? It's now 12-2 USA. When did Norway get the second goal? I missed that one. Did the Canadians go nuts on that one too - or have they all gone home?

I'm not sure what you heard, but it's still 11-2 and Borque still has 5 goals. Yes, the Canadians went nuts again....they acted like the Stanley Cup made its way back to Canada.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure what you heard, but it's still 11-2 and Borque still has 5 goals. Yes, the Canadians went nuts again....they acted like the Stanley Cup made its way back to Canada.

oops - sorry. I read your post and then I heard Borque's goal. Your computer must be faster than mine. I am listening on RealPlayer with dial up internet and it cuts out every 15 seconds or so. Then when it returns it picks up right where it left on in mid-sentence. It's driving me nuts! It's now 12:30 AM and the US is going on a 2:45 power play. How far behind am I? It's time for me to go night night anyway - I have to be at work in 7 hours.

oops - sorry. I read your post and then I heard Borque's goal. Your computer must be faster than mine. I am listening on RealPlayer with dial up internet and it cuts out every 15 seconds or so. Then when it returns it picks up right where it left on in mid-sentence. It's driving me nuts! It's now 12:30 AM and the US is going on a 2:45 power play. How far behind am I? It's time for me to go night night anyway - I have to be at work in 7 hours.

12:33 = Game just ended 56-19 Shots on goal 11-2 final score

That has always been the way with international tournaments in Canada. The fans know who their main rivals are and they will cheer for the underdogs who play them to pull the upset. They will do the same for whoever is playing the Russians and likely the Czechs as well. Bourque's time in the AHL has sure improved his game, I guess he really didn't need an edumacation. ;) Has anyone seen the plus/minus from the game, I am curious how Lee and Chorneys stats wound up.

That has always been the way with international tournaments in Canada. The fans know who their main rivals are and they will cheer for the underdogs who play them to pull the upset. They will do the same for whoever is playing the Russians and likely the Czechs as well. Bourque's time in the AHL has sure improved his game, I guess he really didn't need an edumacation. ;) Has anyone seen the plus/minus from the game, I am curious how Lee and Chorneys stats wound up.

Here is a link for stats. http://www.iihf.com/Hydra/Tournaments_06/o...x.jsp@compId=55

Lee and Chorney are tied with Butler, Bourque, and Kessel for the lead at +3.

LOL.

I can tell you why Borque did not do that last year: they did not play freekin NORWAY! Who is next on the chopping block? Western Walsh County Outdoor Bantam League champs?

I'm not good with stats but this looks darn good for USA.

A total of ten teams are competing in World Juniors. Eight of those teams have scored points. Total of thirty players have scored points. Nine of those players are on the USA team.

Almost one third of total points scored in the World Juniors were by USA. ;)

Glad to see kessel had all of those assists. Great win for team USA. Flip side of all of this is that Norway is not a very good team. Secondly, kessel had alot of ice time last night. The real test will come against team Canada. Unless he has five points against the Canadians, then I would say last night was nothing more than USA hockey's attempt to highlight their "golden boy". Why not? Lets face it, up to this point the "projected" #1 overall draft pick has been outplayed in the college ranks by Oshie. It's in USA Hockey's best intrest to make sure he looks good in this tourney.

Glad to see kessel had all of those assists. Great win for team USA. Flip side of all of this is that Norway is not a very good team. Secondly, kessel had alot of ice time last night. The real test will come against team Canada. Unless he has five points against the Canadians, then I would say last night was nothing more than USA hockey's attempt to highlight their "golden boy". Why not? Lets face it, up to this point the "projected" #1 overall draft pick has been outplayed in the college ranks by Oshie. It's in USA Hockey's best intrest to make sure he looks good in this tourney.

Vaht? USA Hockey ain't gonna go out of their way to make anyone on the team look better than anyone else. All they're gonna do is try to win games. Kessel looked good last night, but quite frankly, Norway's D was horrible. Multiple USA forwards getting behind everyone in a Norway sweater to get in alone on the Norway 'tender. Uuuuugly.

Vaht? USA Hockey ain't gonna go out of their way to make anyone on the team look better than anyone else. All they're gonna do is try to win games. Kessel looked good last night, but quite frankly, Norway's D was horrible. Multiple USA forwards getting behind everyone in a Norway sweater to get in alone on the Norway 'tender. Uuuuugly.

Agreed. The USA isn't going to be getting that much offensive room against the Canadians.

Great game for Bourque and Kessel. Good to see Oshie open up the floodgates with the first goal. ;)

Here we go with the Kessel bashing again.

Yes - some of us are infatuated with him. Case closed.

Some people need a life.

who are you, the dirty rodents uncle?? why do you care so much if people bash him?? for the 1000th time this is SIOUXSPORTS.COM....i could care less about the kid but he is on team usa now and thats who i am cheering for...THE END......

PS..you are the one infatuated by the pesky rodent...thats obvious