SiouxSports.com Forum

World Junior Tourney...oshie, lee, chorney, toews

AZSIOUX

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't the Olympics pretty soon ?

Will some of these guys get on that team ?

No. Usually the Olympics consist of AHL/NHL'ers. They don't normally have college kids on olympic teams like they used to. For example I'm sure that Mike Modano will be on the US team and Paul Kariya will be on the Canadian team. I wouldn't worry about anybody from UND being on any Olympic Teams.

No. Usually the Olympics consist of AHL/NHL'ers. They don't normally have college kids on olympic teams like they used to. For example I'm sure that Mike Modano will be on the US team and Paul Kariya will be on the Canadian team. I wouldn't worry about anybody from UND being on any Olympic Teams.

jason blake will probably be the only former sioux player to make the USA team in the olympics.

jason blake will probably be the only former sioux player to make the USA team in the olympics.

Here are the players that went to the orientation camp back in September. As you can see, the majority of the players are all NHLers.

Forwards: Jason Blake, Dustin Brown, Erik Cole, Matt Cullen, Scott Gomez, Chris Higgins, Mike Knuble, Steve Konowalchuk, Richard Park, Mark Parrish, Brian Rolston, Doug Weight, Chris Drury, Brian Gionta, Bill Guerin, Jeff Halpern, Ryan Kesler, Ryan Malone, Mike Modano, Zach Parise, Keith Tkachuk.

Defensemen: Hal Gill, Paul Martin, Brian Rafalski, Andy Roach, Ryan Suter, David Tanabe, Bryan Berard, Mark Eaton, Tim Gleason, Derian Hatcher, Jordan Leopold, John-Michael Liles, Aaron Miller, Brian Pothier.

Goaltenders: Robert Esche, Ryan Miller, Ty Conklin, Rick DiPietro.

Here are the players that went to the orientation camp back in September. As you can see, the majority of the players are all NHLers.

Forwards: Jason Blake, Dustin Brown, Erik Cole, Matt Cullen, Scott Gomez, Chris Higgins, Mike Knuble, Steve Konowalchuk, Richard Park, Mark Parrish, Brian Rolston, Doug Weight, Chris Drury, Brian Gionta, Bill Guerin, Jeff Halpern, Ryan Kesler, Ryan Malone, Mike Modano, Zach Parise, Keith Tkachuk.

Defensemen: Hal Gill, Paul Martin, Brian Rafalski, Andy Roach, Ryan Suter, David Tanabe, Bryan Berard, Mark Eaton, Tim Gleason, Derian Hatcher, Jordan Leopold, John-Michael Liles, Aaron Miller, Brian Pothier.

Goaltenders: Robert Esche, Ryan Miller, Ty Conklin, Rick DiPietro.

I don't think there is much chance that Parise will be on the Olympic squad based on his struggles in the NHL this year. I think Blake will be named to the team.

Is the WJT gonna be on tv? Is there like one specific channel doing it... or am I going to be lucky in Wisconsin if I can see it at all. I sure I can watch the USA/Canada game... it'll be fun to watch Toews go against his fellow Sioux teammates

Is the WJT gonna be on tv? Is there like one specific channel doing it... or am I going to be lucky in Wisconsin if I can see it at all. I sure I can watch the USA/Canada game... it'll be fun to watch Toews go against his fellow Sioux teammates

I know the USA/Canada game will be on FSN and there are rumors that ESPN2 will carry some USA games.

this article was already brought up in the former players thread but it does have a blurb about toews in here. sorry but the term "the next one" was 1st given to sidney crosby then for some reason floated around kessels name now its being used for toews?? give it up please....sid the kid is the closest to deserve the nickname "the next one" and thats still a stretch right now coparing anyone to gretzky...or am i missing something and does every top canadian prosepect get to share "the next one" for a little while :lol:

And 6-foot-2, 185-pound, 17-year-old Jonathan Toews of the University of North Dakota was, not surprisingly, one of the most impressive players in camp. "The Next One," is the youngest player on the team and the only player still draft eligible.

The world juniors takes place Dec. 26-Jan. 5 in Vancouver.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/story.h...06c4964&k=14754

Matt MacInnis, a Hockey's Future staffer, had some nice things to say about Lee and Chorney after watching Team USA practice:

Lee: The most visible defender, and not just because of his appearance. He played very, very well positionally, although he caught an edge and went crashing to the boards once. Very crisp passing, good defensive sense.

Oshie: Very slick. Good wheels, quick hands, nice little stick handling moves. I think that anyone questionning the Blues for taking him late in the first round should re-evaluate their concern.

He also has comments about many of the other players.

Edited by Kermit

this article was already brought up in the former players thread but it does have a blurb about toews in here. sorry but the term "the next one" was 1st given to sidney crosby then for some reason floated around kessels name now its being used for toews?? give it up please....sid the kid is the closest to deserve the nickname "the next one" and thats still a stretch right now coparing anyone to gretzky...or am i missing something and does every top canadian prosepect get to share "the next one" for a little while ;)

And 6-foot-2, 185-pound, 17-year-old Jonathan Toews of the University of North Dakota was, not surprisingly, one of the most impressive players in camp. "The Next One," is the youngest player on the team and the only player still draft eligible.

The world juniors takes place Dec. 26-Jan. 5 in Vancouver.

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/story.h...06c4964&k=14754

In my opinion there will never be another "ONE". The best thing about Gretzky's game was his vision of the ice. He could find an open man that you couldn't even see if you were in the broadcast booth. Crosby does have great vision too, but I think he greatly lacks the competitivness and the hate of losing that Gretzky had. Kessel deffinetly doesn't have that vision either.

czech team robbed...

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story/?ID...bname=world_jrs

canadian press...

Players from the Czech Republic team visiting British Columbia for the World Junior Hockey Championships had their hotel rooms ransacked and robbed, the RCMP said Wednesday.

Would you leave your teams cash in a Best Western room? Although the story didn't say which Best Western, there are some definitely some areas of Chilliwack to avoid.