SiouxSports.com Forum

Chip On Shoulder

Taz Boy

Take your problems with jloos to a private message. He stated his opinion on a forum that exists for the expression of opinions. You disagreed and responded. Let it go now. The horse was dead long ago.

jloos has a good reputation here as a hockey observer, and I welcome his opinion, even if I don't always agree with it.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take your problems with jloos to a private message. He stated his opinion on a forum that exists for the expression of opinions. You disagreed and responded. Let it go now. The horse was dead long ago.

jloos has a good reputation here as a hockey observer, and I welcome his opinion, even if I don't always agree with it.

I value his opinion as a hockey obsever too but you simply can't let a person post things that are not true on a public message board. If he would have started this in a non-public way I would agree with you. He made the mistake of posting this here. Those who have seen that stuff deserve to see him challenged on it. I am referring to the allegations about the high school students.

I value his opinion as a hockey obsever too but you simply can't let a person post things that are not true on a public message board. If he would have started this in a non-public way I would agree with you. He made the mistake of posting this here. Those who have seen that stuff deserve to see him challenged on it. I am referring to the allegations about the high school students.

To put an end to it - I did not make any allegations about any high school students. You can search through all of my posts. Unlike you I use my real name, so I take personal jabs seriously. This is an internet message board, but I still treat it and others with respect. I said something that ticked off the ND high school people like ND Pride, and specifics, but I never blasted high school kids. The closest thing I said was this:

Mar 15 2004,

That is the problem with Fargo - they get a group of kids that dominate youth hockey then fizzle out. The current Junior class at North was unstoppable up to Bantam's, they didn't even make it to state this year. I've heard a lot of people blame Smith and Wilson, not sure how far that goes. IMO Smith is a terrible coach, I don't know much about Wilson. I do know South's JV coach - Curt Smith is one of the best.

It seems Fargo kids have more problems with drugs and other teenage rebellion like problems in high school. Two of the best players on my North team pissed away their talents in the mid 90's. After GF lost 1/2 of their players to the Bears/ Ice Sharks North should have been the favored to win state but still managed to screw up.

I hope South does start building a good a good program, but I'll believe it when I see it, until then the GF schools are always going to be favored. ...

or

South will always have coaching problems in that parents will be upset no matter what happens. Wilson has not cut so many kids every year he ends up creating some enemies. He is in a lose-lose situation, one I would never want. IMO Wilson does an ok job, but no Fargo coach has shown any interest in going the extra mile for their probam. It appears Pivetz is starting to for Shanley by helping to develop their youth program. Personally I think Smith was behind most of South's past success, he developed some great JV teams - most of which ended up being average varsity teams.

Back to the topic the RR-Central game was pretty good. Vigen hit a kid from Central harder than any hit I've seen this year - at any level. Stadstad from Central looked pretty good. I still wasn't real impressed with Marto. I thought Vigen was probably the only legitimate D1 prospect, although he may be a step slow.

As far as South relying on one line this year - they are probably the deepest team in the state. They have three pretty good lines....

or

I guess I just disagree. Weisgarber is a very good player, but I think Willert is the much more likely college player. I do not rate Willert significantly higher on abilities, but the reality is a 5-8 player has to be a lot better than a 6-2 player to play past HS.

Some players peak at an early age, which is what I've seen in Weisgarber. I could be wrong, but I haven't seen much growth in his game the past two seasons. Of course he was hurt most of this year, so that assessment may not be fair. Willert is one of those players that appears to be just getting comfortable with his size. I don't know what he was like as a youth player, but he has really impressed me this season.

How about locking this thread and removing that six foot stick from ND Pride :0

What do you mean the Sioux passed him over. The Sioux actively recruited him, how is that passing him over. Irmen signed with the Gophers because they wanted him more not because the Sioux passed him over. Way to show some class on your last sentence.

I stand by my statement. Blais did NOT want Grant and the reason had nothing to do with his hockey ability or available scholarships. Ryan and Danny were not recruited either.

To put an end to it - I did not make any allegations about any high school students. You can search through all of my posts. Unlike you I use my real name, so I take personal jabs seriously. This is an internet message board, but I still treat it and others with respect. I said something that ticked off the ND high school people like ND Pride, and specifics, but I never blasted high school kids. The closest thing I said was this:

Mar 15 2004,

or

or

How about locking this thread and removing that six foot stick from ND Pride :0

I can't say that I enjoy this but on July 11, 2004 jloos had the following statement in a post, "I didn't realize GFC, GFRR, FN, FS, GPR, and WF played their home games at the REA. ;) North has nobody that can score, most of their team is likely to be suspended for drugs at any given time, and they have terrible coaching."

That is a direct quote - anyone can go back and find it. I had difficulty cutting it and pasting it into this post so I retyped it. I guess administration can go ahead and lock this thread now. I hope that six foot stick you have for me is aged so it burns well in my fireplace.

It seems to me that JLOOS has always called it like he sees it, you gotta respect him for that. He seems .credible with his information most of the times as far as I'm concerened. The problem it seems is that some people don't appreciate good sarcasm at times. Some don't appreciate the truth, like you're fat, bald, stupid, ect. and you may well be, but some people never seem to come to terms with it and just get insulted. Any way JLOOS is ok in my book so cut the bro some slack.

It seems to me that JLOOS has always called it like he sees it, you gotta respect him for that. He seems .credible with his information most of the times as far as I'm concerened. The problem it seems is that some people don't appreciate good sarcasm at times. Some don't appreciate the truth, like you're fat, bald, stupid, ect. and you may well be, but some people never seem to come to terms with it and just get insulted. Any way JLOOS is ok in my book so cut the bro some slack.

Read my quote from Loos in the previous post. His review of previous posts did not include all of them. You can't cut people slack who are unwilling to present the whole picture.

ndpride, what difference does it really make ? Maybe someone should look through the archives for some of your skeltons, and mine cause I'm sure there are some. Save your animosity for feeble-minded goopher fans that think someone here cares about them. :0

Seriously, thanks for the humor.

Kum ba yah, my Lord, Kum ba yah!

Oh Lord! Kum ba yah!

Hear me crying, Lord, Kum ba yah!

Oh Lord! Kum ba yah!

Hear me singing, Lord, Kum ba yah!

Oh Lord! Kum ba yah!

Hear me praying, Lord, Kum ba yah!

Oh Lord! Kum ba yah!

Oh I need you, Lord, Kum ba yah!

Oh Lord! Kum ba yah!

:0

Here's the rest of the quote on that date (god I can't believe I've sunk to this level)

This is from someone who played for North (a few years ago) ;)

I'll stand by that quote and say it again. That came from personal experience. I believe at the time I wrote this was when 2 or 3 North players were suspended after overdosing on ectacy. I remember the first out of town games I played in for North - we played Century and went to Minot the next day. As soon as we were into the hotel room (about 8 players per room - says a lot about their budget :0 ) the older players took out the booze, tobacco and weed. Not all of them, but I would say a majority. Don Smith came into our hotel room the next morning to wake us up - we fell asleep around 5:00 am and it was about 6:00 am, and saw cigarette buts, chew tins, marijuana pipes, and spilt whiskey on the floor. He didn't say anything other than yell about getting on the bus. We lost to a pretty week (sorry Wilbur) Minot team the next day, both JV and Varsity.

The statement was mostly sarcasm as the majority of players are/were not like that. However, I poked fun at myself and anyone else who went to North. As far as recent players, my cousin got out of North for several reasons, one was the number of players who didn't care about the game and liked to get high.

I never once mentioned anyone. Sorry for those reading this, but this guy has made some cheap comments about me a few times - now that I know why I am defending myself. I am assuming these are former North players or more likely their parents.

ND PRide if you have anything else to say, do it private - click on the send private message or email me at jloos8@gmail.com. I will be happy to respond to any comments you have.

Summary:

1. Irmen's from Fargo

2. People in Fargo don't get along well, maybe even worse the Sioux and Gopher fans.

Note: set thread to ignore

You're welcome. Shall I start another thread on the issue of students standing during the games?

taz

If being personal friends with the Potulny and Irmen family makes me a jersey chaser I think you have the wrong defintion of a jersey chaser.

And as a personal friend you take no issue with going out of your way to bash said pesonal friends on a public message board? With friends like that...

I stand by my statement. Blais did NOT want Grant and the reason had nothing to do with his hockey ability or available scholarships. Ryan and Danny were not recruited either.

Just to end this discussion:

My folks met Dean Blais for drinks after the Mankato series a couple years back and Dean's exact words were "Grant going to MN was our mistake, but Ryan going to MN was his".

Meaning Dean didn't recruit Grant hard enough, they figured a GF boy would come to UND so they didn't puch the issue. They did recruit Ryan quite heavily, but since he wanted to play with Grant, it was not going to happen.

This was also the issue with Irmen, that he wanted to play with Ryan. This and the fact that they didn't put alot of effort into the recruiting of Danny didn't help.

Just to end this discussion:

My folks met Dean Blais for drinks after the Mankato series a couple years back and Dean's exact words were "Grant going to MN was our mistake, but Ryan going to MN was his".

Meaning Dean didn't recruit Grant hard enough, they figured a GF boy would come to UND so they didn't puch the issue. They did recruit Ryan quite heavily, but since he wanted to play with Grant, it was not going to happen.

This was also the issue with Irmen, that he wanted to play with Ryan. This and the fact that they didn't put alot of effort into the recruiting of Danny didn't help.

Thank You Bacardio, that is exactly what I was talking about. They Recruited Grant lightly, Ryan heavily and even though they recruited Irmen, the Gophers wanted him more.

Thank You Bacardio, that is exactly what I was talking about. They Recruited Grant lightly, Ryan heavily and even though they recruited Irmen, the Gophers wanted him more.

This is total hearsay, but I also heard that MN recruited Grant heavily because they wanted Ryan. Who knows? No one can truly say for sure what happened. As much as it ticks me off to lose to the gophers, it's hard to be angry with/at someone for taking whatever perceived lemons you have been given and making lemonade. It's all said and done and in the past. No one can do anything to change it now.

Did I mention that I still hate losing to the gophers?