SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. MTU

siouxnami

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh... the zebra and the stick used to be the Misfits' old logo. We have changed it at the request of the MTU athletic department. The problem is I'm having a tough time switching my avatar... it doesn't wanna change to my new one. I might hafta keep the zebra until I can figure out how to get a new one working...

So uh.. who's in goal this weekend? I figure Parise, but I'd like to see Walski.... :D With how Tech's been playing lately, I'm sure AWal (oooh! My nickname for him! If you use that, you have to put "© MeanEgirl" after it ;)) can play well enough to get the W for the Sioux.... ;)

I know I'm not Hak, but I think I'd do the same thing Hak did vs. SCSU. Phil on Friday and Jordy on Saturday.

HOWEVER, if Phil picks up a shutout, I'd say let Phil take Saturday too.

THERE WILL NOT BE A SIOUX SHUTOUT ON FRIDAY! No moreeeee!!! We wanna goal!! ;)!!!!

It's been so long... I forgot what it feels like ... :D

I know I'm not Hak, but I think I'd do the same thing Hak did vs. SCSU. Phil on Friday and Jordy on Saturday.

HOWEVER, if Phil picks up a shutout, I'd say let Phil take Saturday too.

I think Phil will play one of these games. However even if he were to get a shutout Parise would play Sat. night. Parise is the clear cut number 1 goalie on this team and I don't see that changing this year.

I'm hoping to see a continuance of the goalie rotation yet this weekend. Tech will score goals. It's gotta be a fluke to go 3 games without scoring a goal. Wow. But they score a few on the road at Denver, a quality opponent. I don't expect to see the Sioux shutting them out, but I guess you never know.

Well if you would like even more reason to question their coach I also recall that in a USCHO article there was speculation that he deliberately picked the 14 day suspension in order to have Scott back for the UND series.

Their coach is an idiot. The thug chased down another student to intimidate him and probably assult him.

I would have sued scott @$$ if he done this to me. The kid should be gone, gone, gone. This isn't some minor thing this is pretty serious. By letting him still be on the team your condoning his behavior as a coach.

This basically sends a message that because he is a jock the University will over look his behavior.

Maybe this is why MTU is a second rate hockey program and get the left over players.

I have it on good authority that the DOS Command Line will debut this weekend (Duncan-Oshie-Stafford).

That invites some speculation............

Will Kaip be given a series to see if he's picked up his game? I'll say yes, but this could be a weekend to get a guy like Miller more ice time, or even Martens if he's earned some ice time.

Will Toews get a chance to play with the big boys? Or does he need to spend some time on a lower line while he continues to acclimate to the D1 game?

Could Porter help bring some scoring to the Red Pepper line? Certainly his hard nosed play fits in well. Maybe he can help that line contribute offensively as well.

Spirko Zajac Toews

Fabian Prpich Porter

Kaip Watkins Kozek

Martens Marvin Miller

That invites some speculation............

Will Kaip be given a series to see if he's picked up his game? I'll say yes, but this could be a weekend to get a guy like Miller more ice time, or even Martens if he's earned some ice time.

Will Toews get a chance to play with the big boys? Or does he need to spend some time on a lower line while he continues to acclimate to the D1 game?

Could Porter help bring some scoring to the Red Pepper line? Certainly his hard nosed play fits in well. Maybe he can help that line contribute offensively as well.

Spirko Zajac Toews

Fabian Prpich Porter

Kaip Watkins Kozek

Martens Marvin Miller

OK, someone spent alot of time thinking of DOS Command Line... ;)

I for one would like to see Miller again. I think he earned it in St. Cloud

The Sioux absolutely need these points. They lost a couple they might wish they had against SCSU. Tech offers a chance for a better team to sweep. Anything less will be a disappointment. I certainly hope to see the team put together 2 hard working wins in a row. They'll need to know how to do that next weekend.

The Sioux absolutely need these points. They lost a couple they might wish they had against SCSU. Tech offers a chance for a better team to sweep. Anything less will be a disappointment. I certainly hope to see the team put together 2 hard working wins in a row. They'll need to know how to do that next weekend.

That's a big 10-4. As good as this team is, with a great chance of becoming much better, there is a real chance that the Sioux could be on the road for the first round of the WCHA playoffs against a solid squad.

These four points could, at the end of the season, be the difference between Sioux folks packing their bags and going on the road, or dining at da Moon, or da Pepper come mid-March.

That's a big 10-4. As good as this team is, with a great chance of becoming much better, there is a real chance that the Sioux could be on the road for the first round of the WCHA playoffs against a solid squad.

These four points could, at the end of the season, be the difference between Sioux folks packing their bags and going on the road, or dining at da Moon, or da Pepper come mid-March.

Seriously, I don't see them finishing below 5th place with this team. I can actually see them finishing ahead of Denver too. Just got positive thoughts running through my brain...