SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. MTU

siouxnami

This is still a ways away, but I thought I would start a current thread.

I really think that when you look at the big picture the Sioux have to be happy with where they are right now. With the large freshman class and a terribly difficult schedule they have come through quite nicely. The defense looks OK and will only get better. The offense is not quite clicking, but there have been moments. By pulling out some big wins the Sioux have set them selves up for a strong PWR later in the year.

The MTU series is a good change to smooth out some offensive kinks and get 4 points. Will Kozak get it going? Will Finley destroy Scott? Will the Sioux have less penalties that the Charlestown Chiefs? This team now needs to do what Sioux teams histroically do, improve over the course of the season.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is still a ways away, but I thought I would start a current thread.

I really think that when you look at the big picture the Sioux have to be happy with where they are right now. With the large freshman class and a terribly difficult schedule they have come through quite nicely. The defense looks OK and will only get better. The offense is not quite clicking, but there have been moments. By pulling out some big wins the Sioux have set them selves up for a strong PWR later in the year.

The MTU series is a good change to smooth out some offensive kinks and get 4 points. Will Kozak get it going? Will Finley destroy Scott? Will the Sioux have less penalties that the Charlestown Chiefs? This team now needs to do what Sioux teams histroically do, improve over the course of the season.

We need 4 pts out of this series. Tech is not a very good team and the Sioux have done fairly well in Houghton in the past. It will be a good warm-up for the dirty Goofer series the weekend after. We need to correct that 1-3 home record in league play immediately! Kozek to me is not getting off a whole lot of shots at the net. It is harder to score when you play on the 3rd or 4th lines with players who are not necessarily playmakers or scorers first. I think he would have a few goals by now if he was on one of the top two lines but obviously there are only 6 spots on those 2 lines and you have to put the best players on those lines. I would like to see Finley play a little more physical. In time I think he will develop more of a physical presence as I am sure he is wary of drawing penalties and putting the team at a disadvantage. I think he will be a force in time.

I wonder why DU had such a hard time against MTU.and wasnt it in denver?

DU swept MTU in Denver. I think that you are thinking of the Mankato Series where Denver got only 1 point. that series was in Mankato where Denver always seems to struggle...

Al Pearson is looking for some more people to go on the bus to Houghton. He has about 23 and he says he needs at least 25 to go. Right now, with 25 people going its about $150 for the bus ride/ticket to the game/beer on the bus. Then hotels/food are extra. If more people go, then it will be less for everyone. He said everyone who has gone has absolutely loved the trip and says you won't be disappointed.

well, mich tech has not scored a goal in 180 minutes of play..yeah thats 3 whole games..if you want to get technical it has been 198 minutes and 6 seconds sice they have scored a goal...wow..thats what you call a drought..you can look at it 2 ways, either they are very very due for a goal or 2 or 3 or jordy may be adding to his shutout numbers...lets hope its the 2nd...

this is a trip i want to make someday just to do it..i heard its a blast way up dare...

Al Pearson is looking for some more people to go on the bus to Houghton. He has about 23 and he says he needs at least 25 to go. Right now, with 25 people going its about $150 for the bus ride/ticket to the game/beer on the bus. Then hotels/food are extra. If more people go, then it will be less for everyone. He said everyone who has gone has absolutely loved the trip and says you won't be disappointed.

I think I am going to have to go next year, too much hunting this season to get away with it.

I heard your drunk before you get to Bemidji.

So does any one know if this game is going to be televised anywhere?

If not I guess I'll have to try to catch the Badger v. Gopher series...let's see how that turns out. I thought both teams are on a winning streak. I can't decide what evil would be better, guess I'll hope for a tie or split.

I wouldn't count on it. Apparently its tough to get into Houghton Michigan.

Apparently UND doesn't fly there anymore because they fly I believe only the Saabs from Mesaba.

I believe that they had trouble with getting all of the luggage on the same flight because of the weight.

So does any one know if this game is going to be televised anywhere?

If not I guess I'll have to try to catch the Badger v. Gopher series...let's see how that turns out. I thought both teams are on a winning streak. I can't decide what evil would be better, guess I'll hope for a tie or split.

I agree that is a tough one but I could never cheer for the Goofs ;)

It's not going to be televised.

HOWEVER: If you don't mind listening to the MTU rubes, MTU is webcasting the event.

From what I've been told, it's a free webcast.

I'll have to hook up the laptop so I have their picture with the TH broadcast. An additional thought on the series. Given that this is Scott's first game back from his suspension I suspect he will keep the penalty box warm, and based on some his borderline hits last season watch for an early shower for a hit from behind.

Maybe i missed something, but what was Scott on suspension for?

Thanks

Siouxhockey5

During the summer the report was that he drank a few too many wobbly pops got mad at some poor little student that cut him off and rammed him with his own vehicle. Several Thousand dollars in damage later the police show up, and he is probably lucky to take the ice again after what I believe was a 14 game suspension. ;)

I found the link and I was pretty close to real story.

http://www.mtulode.com/index.php?issuedate...n=12&artid=4368

Edited by Sioux_Hab-it

I am sure you all have heard that the bus is cancelled. So if anyone is interested a buddy and I are driving out early Friday morning, probably around 5 or so for the game. I can fit 6 in my truck, but comfortably 4-5 (supercab). So if anyone wants to join us on the ride and split the gas, just let me know.

If I was the coach Scott would be gone. There is no excuse for that type of behavior.

Well if you would like even more reason to question their coach I also recall that in a USCHO article there was speculation that he deliberately picked the 14 day suspension in order to have Scott back for the UND series.

Well if you would like even more reason to question their coach I also recall that in a USCHO article there was speculation that he deliberately picked the 14 day suspension in order to have Scott back for the UND series.

Really? Interesting... I don't remember reading anything about that. I agree though... Scott probably should've got a harsher penalty for his actions. However, I think the important thing is that he learned his lesson. There should DEFINITELY NOT be any repeat actions. People that get behind the wheel of a car while drunk really anger me... Greene, Scott, or WHOEVER.

But anyway, aside from all of that, I'm looking forward to seeing Scott return. His presence on the ice will certainly not hurt anything (aside from the opposing players...;)). With the way Tech's been playing lately, the only thing Scott can do is help. (Scary thought...:D)

Now... for any of you Sioux fans that will be coming to the game, make sure you come say hi to me. I'll be in the first row and the first seat in section L, wearing my gold Tech jersey that says "MeanEgirl"... can't miss me. ;) Also, for anyone making the trip, have a safe one... because I believe it'll be snowing from Wednesday until Sunday....