SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I do too but it gives us time to speculate. One thing I've noticed is Brad's little brother is doing pretty well against older competition: http://nbpeimmhl.stats.pointstreak.com/pla...p;seasonid=3040

And the scouting news now thinks he may be a first round QMJHL pick: http://www.thescoutingnews.com/index.php?o...1&Itemid=51

Hopefully Brad has a big influence on him.

Is that Brad's little brother or Ryan's little brother? Scouting News seems to indicate it's Ryan's brother/Jim's grandson. Either way, thanks for identifying a potential future Husky for me!

Pretty sure it's his brother.

I think you're probably right. Greg and Jim were brothers, both born in Chatham. Ryan was born to Greg in Pittsburgh, Brad was born to Jim in nearby Miramachi, where Brett was born and is currently playing. I think the Scouting News screwed up. They meant to write Jim/Brad, but instead wrote Jim/Ryan. Either way, I'll still list the cousin of a former Husky as a prospect, even if his brother is a Sioux!

He's talking about Seth Lang im assuming.. Goon has mentioned his name on this sight several times...

Yeah that is who I am talking about. He was hurt early in the year and has come back pretty strong since his injury.

Yeah that is who I am talking about. He was hurt early in the year and has come back pretty strong since his injury.

HAHA you sure love to pump his tire Goon.

And by the way, Lang isnt even the best goalie on Central. Sorry to break it to you.

HAHA you sure love to pump his tire Goon.

And by the way, Lang isnt even the best goalie on Central. Sorry to break it to you.

I am dying to find out who you think is the best goalie at Central? It isn't fuller.

Lang is the best goalie at Central.

I assume this is a typo, BUT...

Note that Michael Forney is listed as North Dakota. I would love to see him here again, but I don't know if that would happen. Remember that before the never ending injuries, he was a potential 1st round NHL draft pick.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pq-...RsjRw&gid=5

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=373663

I assume this is a typo, BUT...

Note that Michael Forney is listed as North Dakota. I would love to see him here again, but I don't know if that would happen. Remember that before the never ending injuries, he was a potential 1st round NHL draft pick.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pq-...RsjRw&gid=5

yeah, it was mentioned a couple weeks ago and it sounds like he will be back at und next year and i think that came directly from brad on his blog. he has been very good in the ushl this season. it will be great to see him back if so

I agree with AZ.

Nothing against VV, but he's not the type of talent that jumps right from DI to the NHL. If he had gone MJ, he wouldn't be MJ to the NHL either.

He'll need a few years to make it to the NHL level. I'm not sure who to compare it to... Maybe Brad Winchester or Jeff Finger. It may even be as rocky as the path Bayda took... and Bayda's position is nowhere near solid. There's no saying he'll be in the NHL next season (remember, the Coyotes told Roche to buy an apartment in Phoenix... and now he's overseas).

Question, I like VV and what he brings to the team. However, is he any more of a prospect than Chris Porter was? I liked what Porter brought to the table too, but they both seem like players destined to be very good AHL players, or middle of the road NHL players.

Question, I like VV and what he brings to the team. However, is he any more of a prospect than Chris Porter was? I liked what Porter brought to the table too, but they both seem like players destined to be very good AHL players, or middle of the road NHL players.

Whats wrong with being a middle of the road NHL'er?

Whats wrong with being a middle of the road NHL'er?

nothing at all. its a hell of a acomplishment if he becomes a midle of the road nhl player. lets remember he was a 4th rd draft pick. not a 1st or 2nd. i think people forget that. he could end up being a very solid center in the nhl and could be a career up and down guy but either way good for him. vv is a bigger prospect than porter was overall from where he was picked.

Nothing, but it probably means you will spend your fair share of time in the minors before getting to that point. Nothing to leave college early for, and also no reason for the pro team to pull you from college early.

if your nhl teams believes you may need 2-3 years in the ahl then thats a great reason to want him in next year as the clocks ticking on draft picks and you take the risk of losing a draft pick if he plays out his 4 years then may become a free agent. pretty much every player out there plays a year at least in the ahl unless you are a top first round pick and still a handful of them do as well. i hope he comes back but wouldnt be suprised if he left either.

People keep acting like going to the AHL is some sort of charity work. You still get paid in the AHL! And you still get paid A LOT! You may not get NHL money, but 100K in the AHL is still more than getting nothing in college.

If you waved a giant paycheck in front of someone between 18-23 years old, most of them get a little wide-eyed. It's not like VV is leaving after his freshman or sophomore year. If he leaves early, he still had 3 good years in a Sioux uni.

People keep acting like going to the AHL is some sort of charity work. You still get paid in the AHL! And you still get paid A LOT! You may not get NHL money, but 100K in the AHL is still more than getting nothing in college.

If you waved a giant paycheck in front of someone between 18-23 years old, most of them get a little wide-eyed. It's not like VV is leaving after his freshman or sophomore year. If he leaves early, he still had 3 good years in a Sioux uni.

I don't see VV leaving early but if he does he will see extended time in Springfield. By the way most guys do not make 100k in the AHL. I mean look at a guy like Danny Irmen who I would say had a better college career than VV. He has not yet sniffed a Wild jersey.