SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

I think players in the USNDTP have to agree to 1 or 2 year contracts/commitments when they join the program. In order to get out of the program they either have to be kicked out or released from their contracts. There is no way the USNDTP would let them out of their contracts to go to the OHL, that's what happened with BC's goalie recruit Maxwell after he reneged on his verbal; he lobbied for a release so he could join the team that held his OHL rights (where his father was recently added to the staff) but they wouldn't do it.

It's still just a rumor, but when I said "verballed" I meant it in the sense that he has agreed to go there, they already own his rights. He had said that he would make his final decision in April, but that doesn't mean he hasn't already made up his mind and is just waiting to announce. Let's face it, Morin used the threat of the NCAA to get a better package from the Rangers; I hate kids like that.

That is correct, the players have to agree to a 2 year contract playing one year on u17 and one on u18. If the players sign the contract or are in the middle of their contract, they can be bought out for $50,000. Jared Knight did this. He decided to play for the London Knights -- I believe they paid his 50K. He is a 92, was committed to Michigan and NTDP.

I see Dean Chelios plays for the Chicago Steel of the USHL. Anyone know if thats Chris Chelios's kid.

That is Chris Chelios son. I have only seen him play once. I think he has the potential to be a nice D1 player, NHL is a long shot. Solid top 6 forward on Chicago.

That is correct, the players have to agree to a 2 year contract playing one year on u17 and one on u18. If the players sign the contract or are in the middle of their contract, they can be bought out for $50,000. Jared Knight did this. He decided to play for the London Knights -- I believe they paid his 50K. He is a 92, was committed to Michigan and NTDP.

They should have seen that coming! Maybe Michigan should avoid recruiting Zach Ranger and Tyler Spitfire just in case. ;)

My backup joke was:

Breaking News - Zach Budish backs out of his committment to the University of Minnesota to play for the Medicine Hat Budishes.

Dam Bager ;)

Yeah, Chris Chelios actually committed to North Dakota originally. I want to say he even signed the LOI, but asked Gino if he could back out of it commitment, and Gino didn't want a guy not fully committed mentally to play for UND. Chris then ended up going to our biggest rival at the time, Wisconsin.

Chris' first season was the 1981-82 season. UND won the National Championship that year...against Wisconsin. So, no need to have Chris then.

Chris' second and last season was the 82-83 season. Wisconsin won the National Championship that year, but UND didn't even make the tournament, so I don't see how Chris would have helped enough to win it all.

So, no need for Chris to have even been on the team.

Yeah, Chris Chelios actually committed to North Dakota originally. I want to say he even signed the LOI, but asked Gino if he could back out of it commitment, and Gino didn't want a guy not fully committed mentally to play for UND. Chris then ended up going to our biggest rival at the time, Wisconsin.

Chris' first season was the 1981-82 season. UND won the National Championship that year...against Wisconsin. So, no need to have Chris then.

Chris' second and last season was the 82-83 season. Wisconsin won the National Championship that year, but UND didn't even make the tournament, so I don't see how Chris would have helped enough to win it all.

Nice work, we don't need no stinkin Badgers!

I think the way that it was explained in one of the Sioux hockey books is that Chris told Gino that he wanted to play for UND, but that he still wanted to take his last recruiting visit (to UW). Gino told him that if he was going to take the visit to UW, then he wasn't fully committed to UND and essentially told him to go elsewhere.

I think the way that it was explained in one of the Sioux hockey books is that Chris told Gino that he wanted to play for UND, but that he still wanted to take his last recruiting visit (to UW). Gino told him that if he was going to take the visit to UW, then he wasn't fully committed to UND and essentially told him to go elsewhere.

It was before my time in life, so I'm probably wrong. I heard it from someone else a couple years ago and tried to recall it from memory. Either way...don't want him, didn't need him.

We hosted the NCAA in 83. Wisconsin upset us in the WCHA finals in GF. Back then the series were 2 game/total goal series and the second game went to 3 ot before Wisconsin beat us and went on to beat Providence and Harvard in the F4

All I know is the Wild Player Curtis Foster that was hurt last March with broken Fibula and he is just coming back now for the WIld and is playing in the NHL. It took a long time for that injury to heal, I can't even imagine how Bad Derrick is.

I believe that was a broken femur (not sure on the spelling) but it is the biggest bone in the leg...Lapoint does not have this.