SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

i doubt he was being recruited by anyone overall lately since he verballed a while ago to uw but not sure on who recruited him a couple years back. im guessing top schools were though

the whole scholarship thing doesnt make sense as most teams max they will offer and thats to top players is 85-92 5 i believe. strange story.

I wonder if Hak or one of the other coaches gives him a look?

I wonder if Hak or one of the other coaches gives him a look?

im sure where ever he goes he will want to play next season and its pretty late in the recruiting process overall but im sure he will end up somewhere very good. im sure eaves gets releaved when he gets some de commits, as that means he can go over recruit 3 or 4 more kids :)

im sure where ever he goes he will want to play next season and its pretty late in the recruiting process overall but im sure he will end up somewhere very good. im sure eaves gets releaved when he gets some de commits, as that means he can go over recruit 3 or 4 more kids :)

One will have to wonder how much longer Eaves will over recruit? You wonder if the University of Wisconsin Administration will have a talk with him about his recruiting policies, I don't think Eaves is a bad coach I think its hard to know how many recruits your team needs. Wisconsin does have a lot of recruits stock piled.

One will have to wonder how much longer Eaves will over recruit? You wonder if the University of Wisconsin Administration will have a talk with him about his recruiting policies, I don't think Eaves is a bad coach I think its hard to know how many recruits your team needs. Wisconsin does have a lot of recruits stock piled.

and they are nothing but verbals at the end of the day so who knows. this has been a topic brought up before. some kids like to verbal at 15-16 to get colleges off their backs so they can just play hockey but sometimes you get a late bloomer then have to alter other verbals you may have recieved. its no secret looking at their verbals that not all will be badgers at the end of the day. heck they have had 4 decommits the last year plus i think.

You would think that they would be over-recruiting more at defense than forward. With the high draft choices they have at defense, they must realize that many could be gone well before their four years are up.

didnt take eaves long to add another :)

http://www.gamblershockey.com/index.php?op...&Itemid=100

didnt know where to put this but this is funny, i guess best friends just putting on a show :lol:

Former Grand Forks Red River teammates Ryan LaDouceur and Eric Meland threw down in USHL hockey in Fargo on Saturday. LaDouceur, who plays for the Fargo Force, is in the white. Meland, who plays for the Lincoln Stars, is in blue.

riders fight in ushl

Both players said today they remain best friends. And as one of them put it, "we thought we'd give the hometown fans a show."

any interest in the wcha for these 2 local players??

didnt know where to put this but this is funny, i guess best friends just putting on a show :lol:

Former Grand Forks Red River teammates Ryan LaDouceur and Eric Meland threw down in USHL hockey in Fargo on Saturday. LaDouceur, who plays for the Fargo Force, is in the white. Meland, who plays for the Lincoln Stars, is in blue.

riders fight in ushl

Both players said today they remain best friends. And as one of them put it, "we thought we'd give the hometown fans a show."

any interest in the wcha for these 2 local players??

Eric commited to Princeton I'm pretty sure, UND was interested and I have no idea about Ryan.

There was a rumor last spring that he was interested in UND. But most people seemed to think that he was using the possibility of going the college route so that he could go to the Major Junior team he wanted to play with.

Looks like a nice prospect as well...

There was a rumor last spring that he was interested in UND. But most people seemed to think that he was using the possibility of going the college route so that he could go to the Major Junior team he wanted to play with.

I heard about him and every place I looked said in some variation: Headed to the WHL. I thought the rumor about him going to UND or considering the college route to be just as you said.

He'll be good, for sure, but we won't know about it until he reaches the NHL. If he does anyways.

• 2 weeks later...
Overreaction - read the wcco story - it's based on a single discussion point, not a real proposal.

Also - I doubt the State High School League will do anything to hurt high school hockey (it's cash cow) as long as former Sioux goalie Craig Perry is one of the Directors.

i agree. just threw the link to this out there for reading

Morin

Pretty sure this article is old but his dad lists North Dakota and Boston College as his favorites in this one and in his most recent he listed UND, Denver and BU..I think. so hope is that since he's been interested in here for awhile that he's coming. My apologies im bored and would really like to see this kid end up here.

Another

Ya full on google mode not much else to do at 230 something.

Morin

Pretty sure this article is old but his dad lists North Dakota and Boston College as his favorites in this one and in his most recent he listed UND, Denver and BU..I think. so hope is that since he's been interested in here for awhile that he's coming. My apologies im bored and would really like to see this kid end up here.

Another

everything ive heard is this kid has major juniors written all over him but for whatever reason they are keeping the option open for college. i still think he will end up major junior but if he wants to play college then have that jersey ready for him at the ralph ??? the only thing thats good is he has a brother and cousin who went the college route., who knows.....

Morin

Another

Any clue on how hard the Sioux have been recruiting him. Sounds like a great player

Any clue on how hard the Sioux have been recruiting him. Sounds like a great player

im sure pretty hard as it sounds as the sioux are still in theri thoguhts but i would say chalk this one up as a major junior player in a year. just a hunch.

that being said if we can get this kid in somehow he would be a big time pick up for a couple years. top american draft prospect