SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

Here's to hoping we lose one Toews and gain one in the same week. I have had a feeling they might pull a fast one on us and David was waiting to commit after his brother officially left to put out the fire a little bit. Don't have any inside info but I can hope right.

this is a rumor, but an anonymous poster at Lets GO DU is saying that gregoire is going to come to und. it is possible since he has signed LOI to them apparently. again RUMOR, so dont shoot the messenger. i am bored and this could be interesting. especially since he may stay with the stars for another year.

this is a rumor, but an anonymous poster at Lets GO DU is saying that gregoire is going to come to und. it is possible since he has signed LOI to them apparently. again RUMOR, so dont shoot the messenger. i am bored and this could be interesting. especially since he may stay with the stars for another year.

I guess I didn't see where it said he was going to come to UND...?

So do we know if he signed a LOI for sure? If not he wouldn't have to wait.

Gregoire hasn't signed a LOI with DU to the best of my knowledge, Winnepeg & Grand Forks are close together, it makes sense that Gregoire probably went home after the season in Lincoln & the T.J. Fast situation is similiar

This is from DG. We will see. Most of us know that rumors are rampart and they ussually happen in the summer when there is nothing going on.

This is from DG. We will see. Most of us know that rumors are rampart and they ussually happen in the summer when there is nothing going on.

true. dg said only 5 of du's 10 recruits have signed and gregoire is one that only verbaled so far. the guy said that it would be in a few days. time will tell i guess.

true. dg said only 5 of du's 10 recruits have signed and gregoire is one that only verbaled so far. the guy said that it would be in a few days. time will tell i guess.

interesting on gregoire...would be great to get home over to the sioux instead of du, hopefully we will find out if this may be true soon. wonder if he would play 1 more year at lincoln or come right in?? and again i understand that this is a rumor so who the hell knows really.......

The fact that it is an anonymous post is a red flag for me. You would also think that someone "in the know" in the Sioux program would know something, unless they just aren't ready to share anything on this board yet because of the delicate nature of a recruit changing their mind on their verbal. I guess time will tell, but if it does turn out to be true, I don't like how this is becoming more common, because sooner or later it could come back to haunt the Sioux as well. Think of the position this would put Denver in, trying to find another recruit after many for 07 or 08 are already gone. I know as a Sioux fan how mad I would be if it happened to the Sioux, especially if they had missed out on another recruit because of a changed mind. I understand a recruit has to do what will ultimately make them happy, but that's why they should weigh their decision thoroughly to begin with. I seem to be ranting, even though it isn't from a reliable source as far as we know. Regardless, it isn't a path I like to see college hockey go down.

The fact that it is an anonymous post is a red flag for me. You would also think that someone "in the know" in the Sioux program would know something, unless they just aren't ready to share anything on this board yet because of the delicate nature of a recruit changing their mind on their verbal. I guess time will tell, but if it does turn out to be true, I don't like how this is becoming more common, because sooner or later it could come back to haunt the Sioux as well. Think of the position this would put Denver in, trying to find another recruit after many for 07 or 08 are already gone. I know as a Sioux fan how mad I would be if it happened to the Sioux, especially if they had missed out on another recruit because of a changed mind. I understand a recruit has to do what will ultimately make them happy, but that's why they should weigh their decision thoroughly to begin with. I seem to be ranting, even though it isn't from a reliable source as far as we know. Regardless, it isn't a path I like to see college hockey go down.

This is no different than any other sport. Khalid El'Amin (sp?) did this to MN bb, and of course there are others. Michael Dorr just did it to Duluth and ended up at MN. Hagemo did it to WI and ended up at MN. I think the only question is the ethics of continuing to recruit a kid after he's verballed somewhere else. I don't know if it happened in any of these other situations or not, or (should the Gregoire news actually be fact) whether it happened in this case either. But if a kid changes his mind, there's not much to be said about it. However, yes, it would bother me if it happened to the Sioux. But that's the way it can go. Sometimes it could benefit your team, sometimes it could bite you in the butt.

From what little I know about Gregoire this would be very welcome news if true. Hope it is!

This is no different than any other sport. Khalid El'Amin (sp?) did this to MN bb, and of course there are others. Michael Dorr just did it to Duluth and ended up at MN. Hagemo did it to WI and ended up at MN. I think the only question is the ethics of continuing to recruit a kid after he's verballed somewhere else. I don't know if it happened in any of these other situations or not, or (should the Gregoire news actually be fact) whether it happened in this case either. But if a kid changes his mind, there's not much to be said about it. However, yes, it would bother me if it happened to the Sioux. But that's the way it can go. Sometimes it could benefit your team, sometimes it could bite you in the butt.

From what little I know about Gregoire this would be very welcome news if true. Hope it is!

If this rumor is true; if it is I would be happy, and if it is could it possible the kid thought about it and changed his mind or there was another player that persuaded him to come to UND. Are we to assume that the UND coachs are doing this type of recruiting? I believe Hak is a straight up guy and I wouldn't think he wouldn't do that.

If this rumor is true; if it is I would be happy, and if it is could it possible the kid thought about it and changed his mind or there was another player that persuaded him to come to UND. Are we to assume that the UND coachs are doing this type of recruiting? I believe Hak is a straight up guy and I wouldn't think he wouldn't do that.

it wouldnt be UND and coaches, its wouldbe jason and family, most cases in these situations its the kid and family so i guess only time will tell...

I don't particularly care how this might be shaking out either, but keep in mind:

a) It's just a rumor at this point

b) Perhaps Denver guaranteed to bring him in this year and UND was always talking a season later. If Denver changed their mind (and went back on their alleged word), Gregoire may have come to the conclusion that he didn't want to commit to a program that didn't deal with him plainly. All things being equal maybe he would have commited to UND in the first place.

c) It needs to be stressed that b) above is totally hypothetical, but it does give a plausible explanation of how Gregoire could switch his commitment without "dirty pool" on the part of UND. Everything to date indicates Hak's ethics are impeccable and would not actively recruit a player that has verballed elsewhere. Not to say it's impossible, but I'd be very surprised if it turned out to be the case.

it wouldnt be UND and coaches, its wouldbe jason and family, most cases in these situations its the kid and family so i guess only time will tell...

If that is the case it would appear that he has a really good family support system. :D

Why do I get the feeling that "anonymous" is lurking about both DU & UND's message boards and patting himself on the back for stirring the pot.

There are a few of those out there trying to stir pots. :D

I don't particularly care how this might be shaking out either, but keep in mind:

a) It's just a rumor at this point

b) Perhaps Denver guaranteed to bring him in this year and UND was always talking a season later. If Denver changed their mind (and went back on their alleged word), Gregoire may have come to the conclusion that he didn't want to commit to a program that didn't deal with him plainly. All things being equal maybe he would have commited to UND in the first place.

c) It needs to be stressed that b) above is totally hypothetical, but it does give a plausible explanation of how Gregoire could switch his commitment without "dirty pool" on the part of UND. Everything to date indicates Hak's ethics are impeccable and would not actively recruit a player that has verballed elsewhere. Not to say it's impossible, but I'd be very surprised if it turned out to be the case.

This quote is taken from that "Let's Go DU" blog site, under the comments that are written about the Jason Gregoire situation:

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=17...697637908440661

Donald said...

I used to blame Blais when he was at UND for over-recruiting and jerking his players around but obviously Haks was a part of that since the same sort of crap is going on there since Blais left.

They've got an ugly track record. Apparently they're pushing ANOTHER goalie (Grieco) out and have booted transfer Shea Hamilton (probably to make room for Gregoire). No wonder the USHL player of the year couldn't cut it there. Thank god Beaverson told them to f$%k off.

I honestly don't remember hearing anything about Shea Hamilton being booted out of the program, and I'm not too sure that I've read anywhere that Grieco is being pushed out either.

This quote is taken from that "Let's Go DU" blog site, under the comments that are written about the Jason Gregoire situation:

https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=17...697637908440661

Donald said...

I used to blame Blais when he was at UND for over-recruiting and jerking his players around but obviously Haks was a part of that since the same sort of crap is going on there since Blais left.

They've got an ugly track record. Apparently they're pushing ANOTHER goalie (Grieco) out and have booted transfer Shea Hamilton (probably to make room for Gregoire). No wonder the USHL player of the year couldn't cut it there. Thank god Beaverson told them to f$%k off.

I honestly don't remember hearing anything about Shea Hamilton being booted out of the program, and I'm not too sure that I've read anywhere that Grieco is being pushed out either.

I think someone posted a rumor about Grieco and Hamilton on USCHO. Who knows if it is true.

As per "Donald" who must be our friendly AA fan (aka DTP), it's not likely that Hamilton is getting much of a scholarship, therefore I doubt he needs to be "forced out" to make room for Gregoire. And if the Sioux are "pushing out" Grieco that just leaves them with Walski as the backup. Seems like we're short a goalie then, so not sure how Donald thinks this is evidence of "overrecruiting". And how could Donald wonder why Fornier couldn't "cut it" at UND? It shows how out of touch with reality this guy is.