SiouxSports.com Forum

Prospective Recruits

dagies

A football weekend in Madison with all that State Street has to offer on fall weekends would be stiff competition, as beautiful as we all know GF to be. Of course, we also know that Sioux hockey players traditionally hate to party, so it matters not.

Lets hope he is focused on the program and not the town...

As a freshmen would Malone want to score 20 goals like Oshie, Toews,(Duncan was close last year) Brady Murray, Travis Zajac, Zach Parise or does he want to barely get 20 points(Skille)? I am biased but I would like to score.

This isn't a shot at UND at all, but I think things have worked out pretty well for Skille (as they have for the players you mentioned), since he was a top 10 NHL draft pick and won a national championship.

This isn't a shot at UND at all, but I think things have worked out pretty well for Skille (as they have for the players you mentioned), since he was a top 10 NHL draft pick and won a national championship.

It's not much different than what MN fans were saying about Kessel before he made his decision.

A football weekend in Madison with all that State Street has to offer on fall weekends would be stiff competition, as beautiful as we all know GF to be. Of course, we also know that Sioux hockey players traditionally hate to party, so it matters not.

Oh so true. If there is anything Sioux players hate, it's a party. It cuts down on their church and halo fitting time.

The Sioux need to get Malone. He would be a huge pickup for their 07 class.

I agree with you here. I really think we need to get Malone as well as a few others for our 07 class. I am assuming Lamoureux will commit soon because I would have expected him to go to the WHL this year rather than play in the USHL if he was going to play major junior. Also I would like to see Blood commit but I don't think that its possible for 07. I think he would have to be an 08. Also I am interested in seeing how Gregoire does in the USHL this year.

And just for good measure, well take Bruneteau, too... :hypocrite:

This would be quite a steal for the Sioux since Bruneteau has never mentioned the Sioux as a possible selection.

Mario Lamoreaux's situation is still confusing to me. He has a scholarship offer from UND but hasn't accepted it yet, he is being courted heavily by Red Deer but has rejected their offer as well. I guess I'm optimistic he'll choose UND, but I guess it seems odd to me that he's letting both UND and Red Deer hang for all this time.

Malone would be a HUGE pickup for the Sioux.

This would be quite a steal for the Sioux since Bruneteau has never mentioned the Sioux as a possible selection.

Mario Lamoreaux's situation is still confusing to me. He has a scholarship offer from UND but hasn't accepted it yet, he is being courted heavily by Red Deer but has rejected their offer as well. I guess I'm optimistic he'll choose UND, but I guess it seems odd to me that he's letting both UND and Red Deer hang for all this time.

Malone would be a HUGE pickup for the Sioux.

The rumor mill is that his parents, Pierre and Linda, are not very happy with the amount of playing time that Phillip has received and do not want Mario to go to UND. I have heard this from several reliable hockey sources from Grand Forks that know them well, but I do not know if it has any validity.

The rumor mill is that his parents, Pierre and Linda, are not very happy with the amount of playing time that Phillip has received and do not want Mario to go to UND. I have heard this from several reliable hockey sources from Grand Forks that know them well, but I do not know if it has any validity.

I suspect the playing time argument won't be a valid issue after this season. If he doesn't get the playing time this year, well.....yikes

well jordan did help take the sioux to 2 straight frozen 4's if this is really a valid complaint. if it is then its a fkn joke and pathetic. it is phils turn now and playing time shouldn't be a problem unless he decides to let in 4 or 5 goals a game on a weekend basis. plus it is a entire different situation with mario, having a hard time believing this is a issue but i guess you never know.

lets get mario signed along with malone and nash :p

Personally I think that is a rediculous argument. I would might need to see a link on that one. Seriously, Jordan earned the position fair and square, Phil did not, that is way life goes sometime.

I suspect the playing time argument won't be a valid issue after this season. If he doesn't get the playing time this year, well.....yikes

It's hard to argue with the decision the coaches have made on goaltenders the last 2 years. From the outside it appears to have been nothing but fair. You can't argue with Parise's success last year, and while Lammy was very good he wasn't perfect either. This year he must be considered the #1 until Grieco forces the issue otherwise, and I don't think too many expect that to happen. If that's a reason that keeps a kid from coming to UND maybe that's better all around.

Now, the above is just a comment on a hypothetical situation. For me I'll take the rumor as exactly what it is. A rumor that may have no basis in fact.

Now, the above is just a comment on a hypothetical situation. For me I'll take the rumor as exactly what it is. A rumor that may have no basis in fact.

I agree with you. I believe that Phil will be given the chance to play his way into the numer one goalie. Its all up to him. But (I am pontificating here) I suspect that the new guy will also be given the chance to be the starter if he is ready or plays better than Phil, you just never know or the coaches could end up playing both goalies, I like that idea, nothing wrong with having a two headed monster as long as it doesn't look like the one the Gophers are playing with.

Parents tend to be a little biased when it comes to their children. Some are downright messed up. To the outsider looking in, how can you possibly not realize how good Parise was down the stretch of his career. Don't believe anyone would have done anything with the goaltending situation any different than what the coaches did, unless of course they have a reason to be biased.

Personally I think that is a rediculous argument. I would might need to see a link on that one. Seriously, Jordan earned the position fair and square, Phil did not, that is way life goes sometime.

goon, that is a good one :hypocrite: a link.......i know where you are going with that comment just funny because you know that type of info is all closed info because of insider information. i just want this damn season to start :p

Parents tend to be a little biased when it comes to their children. Some are downright messed up. To the outsider looking in, how can you possibly not realize how good Parise was down the stretch of his career. Don't believe anyone would have done anything with the goaltending situation any different than what the coaches did, unless of course they have a reason to be biased.

Thats why I can't believe that is nothing more than Grand Forks town gossip on a staturday morning while two guys are teeing it up at the GFCC. All claim to have heard it but no one knows for sure who really said it. Ussually when you did deeper into these things is nothing more than an unfounded rumor.

goon, that is a good one :p a link.......i know where you are going with that comment just funny because you know that type of info is all closed info because of insider information. i just want this damn season to start ;)

Just stiring the pot, I am so bored without hockey. He, he, he... ;):crazy::hypocrite: