SiouxSports.com Forum

Strouth out with torn ACL

SIOUXPER-CALIFRAGILISTIC

If it is a torn ACL, he will be lucky to be back to full strength by next year. He is certainly done for this year.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If he has it reconstucted properly and most importantly, rehabbed properly, he should be working out in 4-5 months and able to play next fall. He won't be ready anymore this year and hopefully can still get a medical redshirt.

My understanding is that the MRI was done yesterday but they were quite sure that it was an ACL problem. He should be able to get a medical redshirt this year.

Apparently Brandon Brady is quite talented. It is just taking him awhile to learn the system. We may see a lot more of him as well as Armentrout.

The redshirt rule (last time I read it) says that you can't have played in more than 20% of your team's scheduled regular season games and none that you play in can be in the second half of the schedule.

Given UND's 11 game schedule, game 2 is 18.2% of games and neither was in the second half of the year (obviously). Seems like these two games won't cost him the full year of eligibility.

Just to get an opinion from the crowd....

Where does Strouth's injury put Dressler in the backfield??? Or Demetrius Charles? Who will Beatty's counterpart be, or will there be one?

IMO, I think Beatty can handle it, but it would be nice to have some sprinter speed out of the backfield occasionally, so who knows who will fill that void.

Just to get an opinion from the crowd....

Where does Strouth's injury put Dressler in the backfield??? Or Demetrius Charles? Who will Beatty's counterpart be, or will there be one?

IMO, I think Beatty can handle it, but it would be nice to have some sprinter speed out of the backfield occasionally, so who knows who will fill that void.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the coach's show last night, Lennon said Beatty would start, and that Armentrout, Brady and Charles were in competition for the backup spots. He didn't mention Dressler, although it wouldn't surprise me if we see him in the backfield for a handful of plays a game. Lennon mentioned how it's very difficult to replace the big-play ability of Strouth. If he's used in limited plays, I would think that Dressler would more than fit that bill.

On the coach's show last night, Lennon said Beatty would start, and that Armentrout, Brady and Charles were in competition for the backup spots. He didn't mention Dressler, although it wouldn't surprise me if we see him in the backfield for a handful of plays a game. Lennon mentioned how it's very difficult to replace the big-play ability of Strouth. If he's used in limited plays, I would think that Dressler would more than fit that bill.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Speaking of Charles; did he get to play last Saturday? He's a senior and his dad was there. They shuffled in a bunch of RB's at the end of the game, but I didn't see him. I guess I was wondering since I hadn't heard of him and was surprised to see that he was a senior.

Speaking of Charles; did he get to play last Saturday? He's a senior and his dad was there. They shuffled in a bunch of RB's at the end of the game, but I didn't see him. I guess I was wondering since I hadn't heard of him and was surprised to see that he was a senior.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think he's been primarily a special-teamer. I know he's made some tackles on the kickoff team. But he hasn't played yet at running back this year to my knowledge.

I am a Beatty fan.  I believe he can carry the load.

I am no great football mind, but I think he has looked the best of all running backs so far.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do hope you're right. He did look great in spots last year. However, Strouth had his moments against Weschester....

I'd rather have both than just one.

Yes, it is true. He is out for the year. The medical red shirt has to deal with how many quarters a player plays in but it sounds like he just made it as far as being elligable for the medical red shirt. I wish him the best and hope that he has a fast recovery. The team will miss his athletisism and leadership. There was also a loss at the LB position that will need a scope, but I'm not a name dropper. Good luck at winona. Go sioux!

Yes, it is true. He is out for the year. The medical red shirt has to deal with how many quarters a player plays in but it sounds like he just made it as far as being elligable for the medical red shirt. I wish him the best and hope that he has a fast recovery. The team will miss his athletisism and leadership. There was also a loss at the LB position that will need a scope, but I'm not a name dropper. Good luck at winona. Go sioux!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about a number dropper? :lol: