SiouxSports.com Forum

Murray's Leaving

The Sicatoka

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt the loss of Murray is a blow to this team, but reality is he is gone.  I'll take a blue collar guy like TJ any time, without question.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree that Oshie has some talent but I do not like the trade off. It is such a step up in competition that you can't blame the kid if he struggles this year. He should be in the USHL to become more used to a faster game. I think he is going to be a good player but it will take time.

I hope nobody out there takes this the wrong way, but the question I have is this... does anyone think Moreland is still on the radar, is it possible he may have gone by the wayside?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I honestly think Moreland has gone by the wayside. Truthfully, if his stock had risen any at all, then I would think that he'd be there instead of Martens.

All apologies in advance to you DAR but I find it laughable that your plan for Oshies development is better than that of the Fighting Sioux coaching staff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ha ha ha.....pretty smart ass remark if you ask me. This board is open for fans to give their opinions and the majority would say Oshie should have spent a year in the USHL. If Murray had not left Oshie would be in Sioux Falls next year, no doubt about it. So if he was so ready the USHL never would have even been on the table. You can have your opinion trooper but I do not find it laughable at all to state that a year in the USHL would have eased the transition to the WCHA.

Well, well, well Dar sorry I seemed to have touched a nerve here. I guess if TJ wasn't ready to play hockey here next year would it really matter if Murray left or not? Look at the numbers do we really need all these forwards ? Do you think that it is possible there is more to the story than you seem to know? I have to give the coaching staff some shred of credibility here, I believe if they didn't think he could perform it wouldn't matter who was coming or going he would be in Sioux Falls.

Well, well, well Dar sorry I seemed to have touched a nerve here.  I  guess if TJ wasn't ready to play hockey here next year would it really matter if Murray left or not?  Look at the numbers do we really need all these forwards ?  Do you think that it is possible there is more to the story than you seem to know?  I have to give the coaching staff some shred of credibility here, I believe if they didn't think he could perform it wouldn't matter who was coming or going he would be in Sioux Falls.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope he comes in and has a great freshman season and proves that he was ready to make the jump that very few players do straight from high school to the WCHA. Time will tell, but with the depth at forward I think he will have a hard time earning enough playing time to have much of an impact.

My whole point in this discussion is let's see what happens, until then how about we spend an equal amount of time hammering on all of the other recruits coming in and how they will "adjust" to WCHA competition.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is reasonable.

My whole point in this discussion is let's see what happens, until then how about we spend an equal amount of time hammering on all of the other recruits coming in and how they will "adjust" to WCHA competition.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What else are we supposed to do in the offseason besides engage in "Speculation"??

I like the intelligent speculation. I especially appreciate someone who understands the nuances of a play maker, a corner man and a finisher. There are a couple intangibles left out of course, such as chemistry. I believe that you keep guys together who play well together. So Zajac and Stafford must be on the same line. I haven't seen the rookies play at all, but another important factor is speed. You don't want a really fast guy on a line of slower guys. Also when factoring centermen, you need to know who is a good faceoff man. Also, I have never known a center who couldn't play wing, but i have known a lot of wingers who are terrible playing center ice.

As for Oshie, I'm sure he will be a fine player, but he definitely isn't a Brady Murray. Brady was special because he has world class speed. He was a threat everytime he was on the ice, and his speed opened up lanes for his mates. WIth Brady's size, he may never suit up in the nHL for any more than a cup of coffee, but his size and speed really suit the European game. He could have a very nice career over there.

Oshie will get very limited time this year as the coaches work to develop him. I think you have to put another scorer out with Toews in either Spirko or Porter.

Hey raynman03, you are right, because we know each other we have discussed things that I wouldn't post on a public. However, if you want to call me out, maybe I'll search the archives and see if you have ant skeletons out there, perhaps a mid-season rant about the coaching staff?

This sounds like a couple of Warroad guys giveing each other crap. Buys please meet ach other at Franks and discuss this matter alone.

I think a strength that Oshie has, that other players dont is that he can play different roles. Next year I think he will be a grinder that plays wing on the 3rd or 4th line (sometimes 5th line). His sophomore year will be his breakout year by the end of the seasoon.

Just my opinion. Dont compare him to Brady Murray. Thats unfair to anyone. He will make his own name for himself. Maybe they brought in Martens to fill out the roster. Maybe someone else is leaving. You never know.