SiouxSports.com Forum

Murray's Leaving

The Sicatoka

http://www.grandforks.com/mld/grandforks/11699006.htm

Brady Murray announced that he is leaving UND to play pro hockey in Switzerland.
T.J. Oshie, an all-state forward who was the top scorer in the state last season in leading Warroad High School to the Class A state championship, will play for UND next season.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm disappointed to see Murray leaving. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Isn't it ironic? We tend to think that with the problems the NHL is having, the danger of players leaving early is greatly diminished. But it happens anyway.

Good luck to you, Brady. I was looking forward to seeing you healthy in a Sioux uniform for a least another season, but I cerainly understand why you wouldn't want to pass up this opportunity.

"Originally, the thoughts were for Oshie to play a developmental season in the United States Hockey league first. Hakstol said, though, that the decision to bring Oshie in next season had nothing to do with Murray's departure, speaking more to Oshie's readiness to play at the college level. 'The two items aren't related,' Hakstol said"

I found the above to be very interesting.

Guess I'll have to wait to see him play some day in the NHL, hopefully, He missed both series I was at last season (CC and Denver). Bummed that the Sioux couldn't get one more good full year out of Brady. Sioux get even a bit more dependent on freshmen next year.

Swiss don't normally bring real good teams to international competition. Have to wonder if this is a good developmental step up from college hockey or just good $.

Good luck Brady.

Guess I'll have to wait to see him play some day in the NHL, hopefully, He missed both series I was at last season (CC and Denver). Bummed that the Sioux couldn't get one more good full year out of Brady. Sioux get even a bit more dependent of freshmen next year.

Swiss don't normally bring real good teams to international competition. Have to wonder if this is a good developmental step up from college hockey or just good $.

Good luck Brady.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

All about the dough is my guess. $3 to $4 hundred ger, free wheels, a place to stay and Swedish babes would be hard to turn down, especially for a 40 game season.

Good luck Brady and thanks for a great couple of years.

This news really bums me out. Brady is a class act, and was a blast to watch on the ice. Too bad he was sidelined much of last season.

I wonder how many offers my mailbox will have when I get home tonight. One of these days, I am gonna bite on one of em. Maybe the History Book Club. Maybe Playboy World of Video. Maybe that No Interest Chase Card. With everyone biting on offers, I should probably do the same.

Good luck to Mr. Murray. Take the money while it is there to be taken. No slam on Brady, but this will probably be the pinnacle of his career and development. He ain't no NHL'er, at least from where I sit.

No slam on Brady, but this will probably be the pinnacle of his career and development.  He ain't no NHL'er, at least from where I sit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was curious to think of what other people felt about his potential also. There is no doubt he is a good hockey player, but have doors been opened because of his name? I'm not saying that is a bad thing, but how do others feel about Brady and if he can make it to the NHL. I'm not sure myself.

Well, he's small so that won't help him but he's very skilled. We've barely had a chance to see what Brady can do on the ice, and what we've seen has been pretty impressive. Whether he can make the big show is a question mark for many players, not just Brady.

But one can understand, if he's getting paid $300,000-$400,000 in this one time opportunity he might have to take it. He could get injured again on his next hit. Would you rather be sitting in college studying or collecting $300,000 when that happens?

While this sounds like a special situation, I get concerned that similar pro opportunities will entice other good players from college teams for similar reasons.

Good for Brady, but a bummer for the fans.

All about the dough is my guess. $3 to $4 hundred ger, free wheels, a place to stay and Swedish babes would be hard to turn down, especially for a 40 game season.

Good luck Brady and thanks for a great couple of years.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hell you can leave most of the other stuff out - Swedish babes would be hard to turn down as a stand alone... :sad:

good luck to Brady.....he was fun to watch when he was on the ice. to bad we did not get to see more of him last year. moving on to our future stars now....

GO SIOUX.....ONLY 135 DAYS TIL THE PUCK DROPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Isn't it funny you call the guy a class act the in the next breath turn around and slam him, you're a class act too, I guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Geez, Brady is a class act. First class class act. That does not make him a bona fide NHL hockey prospect, in my opinion. I did not mean to slam him.

Heck, all of the sudden, he is far more successful than me, with a single stroke of the pen.

Geez, Brady is a class act. First class class act. That does not make him a bona fide NHL hockey prospect, in my opinion. I did not mean to slam him.

Heck, all of the sudden, he is far more successful than me, with a single stroke of the pen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, get back on your couch, lol :sad:

You know I am getting sick and tired of watching these kids leave early.

I remember when the older Lundbohm left early and look where it got him.

Oh, well thats what happens when your a top program. Oh course there are many kids that will take their place.