SiouxSports.com Forum

T.J. Oshie

Yttrium

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

You can also check out my new cookbook entitled "101 Ways To Make Crow Taste Delicious". PM for a copy. :sad: Go ahead, hammer away, I'm ready for it. Seriously, thank you for the great season TJ, here's hoping for a couple more before you are wearing the "Big Blue Note" on your chest. (And maybe a national titlle or two before you go.)

I have been a Sioux hockey fan since the early 1980's and have never been more impressed with a player as I am with Oshie. There have been countless outstanding young man that have gone through this program and countless talented hockey players, but Oshie truly seems to be one of a kind. He's worth the price of admission for me.

With regards to Oshie, I feel that he needs another year of development. Let's do what we did with Fylling and send him back to the USHL to hone his skills. I think he could be ready then to step into this team on a 3rd or 4th line roll and be a grinder. He was obviously not ready to play this year.

From the Article: St. Louis can sign Oshie any time between now and when his expected graduation in 2009. But Ted Hampson, director of scouting for the Blues, believes Oshie needs three years to grow.

I can live with this.

I have been a Sioux hockey fan since the early 1980's and have never been more impressed with a player as I am with Oshie. There have been countless outstanding young man that have gone through this program and countless talented hockey players, but Oshie truly seems to be one of a kind. He's worth the price of admission for me.

It is hard to argue with how good TJ Oshie is and the impact that he had on the Sioux. He is sensational and one of the hardest working players that I have ever had the pleasure of watching in a Sioux uniform. Purely from a points standpoint, an 18 year old freshman named Zach Parise had more of an impact with 61 points in 39 games. TJ Oshie had 45 points in 44 games. I believe that Troy Murray also had a huge impact his freshman year. However, there is a certain amount of subjectivity with how valuable a player is, and points certainly are not the only measure of value. For my money, Parise is the best freshman I have ever seen in a Sioux uniform. However, I recognize others can put up a strong argument for Troy Murray, Kevin Maxwell and TJ Oshie. Frankly, if you take the all-around game, I have a hard time deciding who I like better--Oshie or Toews, particularly since Toews is only 17. Fortunately, the Sioux have both. Both Oshie and Toews are special, and do not come around very often. The rest of the freshmen are also pretty good. Enjoy them while they are here. Hopefully, it will be at least 1 more year of Toews and Oshie.

Back to the topic of new recruits and jersey numbers. If I were a betting man I might want to put some money on TJ wearing the lucky #7 jersey next year, and no surprise but I would expect Mr. Lee to have the double deuces on his back. No speculation beyond that as far as other recruits go.

Hind site is 20/20 but you must be nastra damas (sp).

Saw him recently in a t-shirt & jeans getting snacks at the University station---no way he's even close to 200 lbs.. more like 185 or so.

I had my arm around his waist a few weeks ago and he sure felt like more than 200. My older son is 6'4" and 185# of muscle (teaches Jujitsu) and TJ was definitely wider than him. I'm a poor judge of height but he was taller than my 5'10" son and shorter than my 6'4" son.

How much has this kid grown this past year? I think he's more than 200 pounds and taller than 6 feet but I'm not sure. I hope this growth and his phenomenal talent don't make St.Louis rethink his needed 'growth' time.

Saw him recently in a t-shirt & jeans getting snacks at the University station---no way he's even close to 200 lbs.. more like 185 or so.

• 2 weeks later...

yeha i saw T.J. at the dining center tues night. id peg him at about 180-185.

and another funny thing. he was wearing glasses. anyone know if he wears contacts when he plays? that would be funny to have to stop the game because Oshie lost his contact haah

yeha i saw T.J. at the dining center tues night. id peg him at about 180-185.

and another funny thing. he was wearing glasses. anyone know if he wears contacts when he plays? that would be funny to have to stop the game because Oshie lost his contact haah

No contacts, when he takes his glasses off he's like the terminator, he just pops in his bionic eye. ;)