SiouxSports.com Forum

Marto to the Sioux

PCM

WDAZ shoots on M2 film.  There are less than 10 stations in the country who use m2.  it's a very low quality of tape.  kvly and kxjb currently shoot on dvc-pro which is digital.  i don't know about fox sports, but i can say they most likely use dvc-pro.  it's the highest quality tape on the market that most stations can afford.  wday/wdaz can definitely afford to move up to dvc-pro, its just the matter of do you want to spend a ton of money to convert now, when you're going to have to convert to all-digital in a couple years.

it's not just wdaz that has cut it sports to 2 minutes.  with sports center, the only sports information a majority of the world cares about is local stuff.  it's kinda hard to find 5+ minutes of local stuff everyday to keep that time filled.  high school, college and twins games are what you'll get at wdaz.  if you want highlights from the nba finals, you'll go to espn, just like everyone else.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the info, I have been wondering for some time if I was the only one who thought WDAZ's sports footage was terrible, glad to know I am not. Thanks again

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, I think a news conference is a bit much, but, hey, the kid must be something special since he was highly recruited. Also, Marto looked good in the ND state tournament and I have no doubt he will turn into a valuable member of Sioux d-corps in the future.

I love how now that Marto isn't going to the Goofs, the Goof fans think so much less of him whereas if he had gone to the Goofs he would be the next Martin or Ballard.  Anyone else find this funny? ;)  :D  ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think if you will go to GPL you will find that few had heard of him who were not from the north country.

It was front page of Sports not "front page". And yes it does deserve front page of sports. This is a local boy that everyone has been waiting to see where he would go. We were all praying it wasn't the Gophers. And since there was no press conference called I knew he must have picked the Sioux.

Welcome aboard Marto. I can't wait for you to skate circles around Hagemo and Goligoski.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not to rip on Marto, but how long will you have to wait for that to happen. By the time the kid comes into the league, Hag's and Goli will be Juniors. I don't think a freeshman D man is going to be skating circles around either one of these two.

In order to hold a news conference, some people must give a rip. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh here we go again, Gopher fans. Hey, can anyone tell me who Minnesota's Mr Hockey was this year? Oh that's right...because he's going to UND diminishes the importance of the award, whereas in years past, it was just a given he was going to the almighty 'U'.

Not to rip on Marto, but how long will you have to wait for that to happen. By the time the kid comes into the league, Hag's and Goli will be Juniors. I don't think a freeshman D man is going to be skating circles around either one of these two.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey clown, go back to your hole. Previously, I haven't minded your posts, but after reading the following at GPL, I had a change of heart:

Best tradition my a**. Your opinon means nothing here. Of course you think that your a sue fan. What else are you going to say . . . . Go over to the sue hole and make those statements.

For what it is worth, Sioux is spelled Sioux, not Sue, and this place is not a hole, until or unless visited by crackers like you.

Don't come over here and ingratiate yourself by being all lovey-dovey, when, obviously, you full of crap.

btw, I am not sure Gopher fans ever expected anyone to skate circles around Harrington! :D;)

I believe Marto will be good and we'll see how he does in juniors. However, this next year will be a great one for him. He's in juniors, yes, but he has no class load to juggle.

I am not familiar enough with juniors to say what he would do normally if he wasn't in school. Perhaps he'd work in the town he lived in. I don't know, but whatever it is, Marto is going to have a lot of time to work on his game and his physique.

Hey clown, go back to your hole. Previously, I haven't minded your posts, but after reading the following at GPL, I had a change of heart:

For what it is worth, Sioux is spelled Sioux, not Sue, and this place is not a hole, until or unless visited by crackers like you.

Don't come over here and ingratiate yourself by being all lovey-dovey, when, obviously, you full of crap.

btw, I am not sure Gopher fans ever expected anyone to skate circles around Harrington! :D;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I come on your board I show some respect because it is your board. If you read my posts on USCHO I am mostly neutral toward the Sioux program. When someone come on the Gopher board and makes a statement that I feel belittles the Gopher program, then I blast him, but only on the Gopher board. I enjoy reading the Sioux board because you have alot of great posters with good college hockey information. Sorry if what I said on the GPL board offended you, but you have to remember what board you were on when you read it.

When I come on your board I show some respect because it is your board.  If you read my posts on USCHO I am mostly neutral toward the Sioux program.  When someone come on the Gopher board and makes a statement that I feel belittles the Gopher program, then I blast him, but only on the Gopher board. 

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ooooooooohhhhhhh. ;)

Congrats to UND on getting an unbelievable hockey player in Jake Marto. I believe he will be a top notch player at the collegiate level. We all know he is a great player but he is an even better person. One of the nicest kids you will ever meet and is the farthest thing from being cocky. Also the kid is a helluva student.