SiouxSports.com Forum

Thoughts On Next Year

dagies

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Duncan IS a center. From what I could research off of Heisenberg's site, and BCHL sites, etc I could only find out Duncan is a forward. I realize a lot of rosters only list F and don't differentiate between wing and center so maybe he is a centerman.

We could use some centermen.

From my research, I found these guys generally listed as centers:

Kaip

Zajac

Toews

These guys were sometimes listed as F and sometimes as a C, or at least referred to as a center at times. I don't remember reading anything about any of these guys playing center though. So hopefully Duncan, or one or more of these guys has good experience as a centerman:

Murray

Kozek

Watkins

Stafford

I hope Duncan IS a center.  From what I could research off of Heisenberg's site, and BCHL sites, etc I could only find out Duncan is a forward.  I realize a lot of rosters only list F and don't differentiate between wing and center so maybe he is a centerman.

We could use some centermen.

From my research, I found these guys generally listed as centers:

Kaip

Zajac

Toews

These guys were sometimes listed as F and sometimes as a C, or at least referred to as a center at times.  I don't remember reading anything about any of these guys playing center though.  So hopefully Duncan, or one or more of these guys has good experience as a centerman:

Murray

Kozek

Watkins

Stafford

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe Watkins is a centerman, and Duncan a right winger. Not positive though

Someone posted this interview somewhere else.

Stafford Q&A with Hockey's Future

I've been one who has been concerned with how well Drew liked playing college hockey after hearing an interview on the radio with him last year. It appeared that he might not like school all that much.

This quote makes me feel a lot better about his chances of sticking around:

HF: With prospects that are highly regarded, there

I really don't think we're going to be weak at forward.  We're already faced with sitting some pretty good players if no one defects.  If we want someone to fill in, maybe we should hope for a walk on that can be another Canady or Fabian type player.

If we picked up another defenseman could Foyt or Marvin fill that role?

We need to plan for Bina to be unavailable for next season, this means 1 to 2 more defensemen.

Finally, somebody who I think sees it the way I do. Robbie Bina had major surgery. He had vertebrae in his neck fused. One wrong fall and the unspeakable could happen. The reports say they fused C6 and T1. Bones take a long time to heal. So let him heal, make sure he is "right", and then make the decisions. I wouldn't be surprised, if he ever plays again, if it's not until fall of 2006. (He has three years to complete his last two seasons of eligibility as of today so sitting a season to make sure all is right is no problem.)

I wouldn't put it past Hakstol to have a goaltender walk on. 

We almost have to. Putting all the practice load on two guys is too much. Obvious names would be Kasey Moreland or Chad Beiswenger. Did Kasey keep playing after Sioux Falls let him go?

I really don't think a scholarship should be made available for any position other than defense due to the age of our team.  Next season we will only have two seniors (Prpich and Greene if he stays).

Like I mentioned before in either this or another thread, I really don't like "bulge" classes (10 to 13 guys) but given some of the unknowns out there right now (Bina, Kaip, the NHL CBA situation and potential departures it could spur) it looks like that has to happen.

We almost have to. Putting all the practice load on two guys is too much. Obvious names would be Kasey Moreland or Chad Beiswenger. Did Kasey keep playing after Sioux Falls let him go?

I just dug up the answer to my question. Yes, Moreland played. Too bad it was for Oklahoma City of the CHL. If he were to join an NCAA program he'd have to sit out a season plus the number of games he played (2) before he'd be eligible.

I'm not convinced he'll leave either. With even next years NHL season in limbo, I doubt any rookie is going to get "an offer he can't refuse."

Besides... Mr. Greene is committed to his education first and foremost. ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The rumor going around now from the Frozen Four that I heard yesterday is that Matt Greene will stay. That is just what I heard from someone yesterday. We will see what happens. I want him to come back. I love watching him crush people.

Regarding Bina-  What you say is true, but let's not forget the muscles.  To get to those vertebrae, a heap of different muscles had to be cut, including the trapezious.

Those neck muscles probably saved Robbie from a more serious injury.

Those neck muscles need the time to heal also, like you say.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know for a fact that Chad would give his left *** to play for the Sioux. Besides, it couldn't hurt to have a 6'-3" guy in practice giving our forwards a different look in the net.

Hmm things to look forward to in 2005-2006? Brady Murray netting 30 goals  ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YEAH!! I agree with that Brady is going to come back with a vengeance next year and he will have some talented linemates to play with. Look out for Brady! Zajac will be even better as well and he was great this year especially as the games became bigger Zajac stepped up big time for a freshman.

"" The other factor to remember is Moreland. FM Jets don't have him on their webpage, but I'm told he has been doing well there?""

I personal wouldnt say consider Moreland. In the FM recent playoff games, they swetp the Blizzards 3-0. According to their website..www.fmjets.com, Moreland didnt play in any of those games. There biggest player recently has been Brent Olson, hes committed to the AirForce. Throughout there regular season, Phil Fox & Chris Myhro were there togo guys, now along is Brent Olson. According to their website to, they have 5 players leaving to play DI after this season.

Things to look forward to next year

1)We have 2 very good goaltenders coming back

2)We now have players with a whole bunch of playoff experience

3)We have very good players coming in for next year

4)We now have a head coach with experience as well a coaching staff second to none

5)We have a team that left a little something on the plate, they've got to be hungry