SiouxSports.com Forum

FROZEN 4

dj_hoime

Jeez. I had always assumed that the Frozen Four was going to be played at the Columbus NHL arena, Nationwide.

It is not.

As I am now informed now that I pay a bit closer attention, the Frozen Four is being played on the campus of The Ohio State University.

Jerome Schottenstein Center. 17,500 capacity. NHL-sized sheet of ice.

Anyone know how, if any chance at all, of glomming on to some of the school allotment of tickets, and where the team will have its HQ? I assume that the NCAA controls these decisions, as everything.

Love those white boards at the Regionals.

I'd be all for whipping the Gophers. Of course, we would also have to listen to them between now and April 7 . . . . . M-E-D-I-O-C-R-E. Mediocre. Mediocre. Aaaaaayy MEDIOCRE!!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to hear the FF will be on NHL sized ice. The boys seem to be playing very well defensively right now, and that might help them counter MN's offense if that is who they play.

I don't know enough about Cornell to know if it will help or hurt the Sioux in that match-up.

I think Cornell is more dangerous than Minnesota, just because of the hot goalie factor ...

Hard to believe the ONLY time the Sioux and Gophers have EVER met in NCAA tournament play was 1979.  (Cary Eades was on that team.) Its time for revenge. :D  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think the hot goalie factor entered into this. Maine had the hotter goalie in that game. THe difference is: Maine can't score to save their lives and Maine's D abandoned Howard at the wrong time.

Cornell's goaltender is good, but I'm still waiting to find out who did they play? Ohio State is a young team that will get better, but this year was a fluke. Did Cornell play BC? UML? Any WCHA teams? Michigan? How did they do against them if they did?

The Gophers always step up their play against us. That means that a UMN/UND matchup would be more equal, though I still think no one can beat us right now. I think we'd have a slight advantage playing Cornell because they aren't used to our gamestyle and they've not played anyone of our caliber.

That being said, I think UMN will stop the EZAC dream team.

right now there is a combined 15 national titles between the 3 teams in the frozen 4...if the gophs win there will be a combined 20..if cornell win there will be 17..wow!!!

ncaa titles

UND-7

du-6

cc-2

mn-5

cornell-2

ncaa runner ups team by team....

UND-4

du-3 (1973) they had infractions by NCAA?? this is 1 of the runner up years..

cc-3

mn-6

cornell-2

current wcha teams championship games...

1982..UND vs wisc...UND wins

1981..wisc vs minnesota...wisc wins

1979..minn vs UND...minn wins

1975..m-tech vs minn...tech wins

1974..m-tech vs minn...minn wins

1973..wisc vs denver...wisc wins...(denver ncaa infractions)

1968..denver vs UND...denver wins

1963..UND vs denver..UND wins

1960..denver vs m-tech..denver wins

1958..denver vs UND...denver wins

Actually it isn't an NHL venue. The Buckeye's rink, not the Blue Jackets, will be the site of the FF; it has NHL dimensions though.

Switching gears, I know games times are 2:00 and 7:00 est, but does anybody have information regarding which semifinal game UND will be playing in?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thought it was the Bluejackets rink. Melrose said DU/CC in the afternoon game during the DU/UNH game, but nothing said following the Gopher win.

Switching gears, I know games times are 2:00 and 7:00 est, but does anybody have information regarding which semifinal game UND will be playing in?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thought it was the Bluejackets rink. Melrose said DU/CC in the afternoon game during the DU/UNH game, but nothing said following the Gopher win.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The NCAA will be invoking the "Minnesota Rule". thats fine then we can beat them in prime time.

Edited by Goon

THe kiss of death, with Michigan, HE, and ECAC gone, Bob Norton broke down and picked the Sioux

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard that as well. When he was asked, I should've changed the channel. The guy picked the loser of every game but Minny/Cornell.