SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BU FRIDAY MARCH 25TH 8:00 EST

AZSIOUX

The commentator pushed the question to Parker about a BU/BC matchup, but he knows and pretty much stated that the UND game will be a battle. Unlike ESPN, Parker will not put the cart before the horse.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is true, Parker knows very well how the Sioux have been playing over the last month as opposed to how his own team has played, and the relative competition each has faced. I like the Sioux' chances of beating BU and BC. At least the NCAA has given the chance for an all WCHA FF. Didn't think I'd live to see it.

Some USCHO posters have given some reasonable sounding explanations for the committee decisions in reversing CC/DU but not MN/Cornell. Too bad someone with a brain didn't coach Dean before he went on to show off his hair piece.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like me, you all should be thrilled with your teams bracket.  While every game will be tough, none of them will be unwinnable.  Then BC who will be tough, but UND if UND can maintain the effort they played with this weekend they will have a very reasonable shot.

The best part about the Gophs/Sioux brackets is that neither will face DU/CC/Michigan unless they make the NCAA final.  And at that point anything can happen.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree. This is a terrific bracket for fans of Sioux hockey. There's recent history between all three teams, and NoDak has got to be more than a little of a concern to BU and BC. I'm excited for the Sioux.

I see MN getting a big challenge right off the bat. Maine is a very seasoned program, and has the capability of turning in a solid game any night. This is NOT an easy game for the Gophs. Again, east-west right in our backyard.

Certainly nothing to complain about for either MN or UND fans. Should be a great tournament.

taz

I have directv on satellite, but don't have ESPNU. That channel we have to pay extra for to get, and when it first came on, and to my knowledge still is, show nothing but basketball, and really nothing for hockey. I know next weekend they will show the NCAA's, but with Wisco. and Colgate (I think) playing in the midwest regional at the same time, we probably won't see the Sioux play anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You can order it for the weekend and then cancel on Monday. They normally pro-rate stuff, so it should only cost a couple of dollars. Just say you didn't like it.

Though, they may make you pay full for the first month, but $12 is worth it. :lol:

Does anyone know if the university will be selling tickets to Friday's game?  I didn't expect North Dakota to be in Worcester so hadn't prepared.  Now I'm competing with BU/BC fans ...

Thanks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They should be as I got tickets through UND for a regional one time. I believe the NCAA always allocates so many tickets to each school. You might have to get in line behind the big donors though to get them.

I don't like our bracket. I really did not want to play BC until we hit the Frozen Four. Especially having to play them in their backyard. The good news is that it is an NHL rink.

CC, though, is the real loser yet again in the NCAA's eyes. What does that team have to do to get rewarded just once in the tourney? Yet again in Mich with Mich.

The biggest thing that stands out to me in all this is how truly even most of the teams are. Watching all the games this weekend from other tournaments and no one really stands out as the team to beat. Though I think BC comes closest.

I thought I saw scrolling across the screen that all the games will be on ESPNU and ESPN Syndicated.  Meaning they are going to sell the region games to the Fox networks still.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That may be true, but I have a hard time believing Fox Sports North will show the UND-BU over the Mich-Wisc game. I bet Senser's has ESPNU so that will be the place to watch the game Friday night.

That may be true, but I have a hard time believing Fox Sports North will show the UND-BU over the Mich-Wisc game. I bet Senser's has ESPNU so that will be the place to watch the game Friday night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree on the FSNN especially since they'll have to buy the rights and show the Wisco game on the FSNN-Wisconsin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is the problem. FOXN will no doubt show the Minneapolis and Grand Rapids regionals, which don't overlap. The Worcester regional overlaps with Grand Rapids, so FSSN picking it up will be the only chance for anyone in ND without directtv.

Great to see ND a #2 seed as there level of play as of lately deserved it....but they are where they are b/c it took a while to get on track.

But just think...if your BU would you want to play the Sioux right now? Especially with their level of play being the best it has all year?

And YEAH...How the Hell did MN get a #1 seed? They have played very poor as of lately, not to mention the 14 losses? But I bet it has more to do with that they are hosting that region than anything else.

I do hope it is a rematch of the WCHA finals...with all 4 teams making it. Lets show the US where the best hockey is played!

And YEAH...How the Hell did MN get a #1 seed? They have played very poor as of lately, not to mention the 14 losses? But I bet it has more to do with that they are hosting that region than anything else.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually not; that's the way the pairwise ended.

As of right now CSTV, Fox Regionals, ESPNU and several other outlets are scheduled to have the games. The tv schedule should be out by monday or tuesday afternoon.

Go Sioux

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheesemover works at Senser's so I would defer to his posts on whether or not they will have the game. He's also well aware of the Sioux following there, so I'm sure he will do whatever he can to get it and keep us advised on the status...

If Espn does sell some games to Fox, I wouldn't count on them showing UND-BU instead of Mich-Wisc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you get the Fox Sports Package, you get all the regional Fox Sports Channels plus ESPNU. I watched a lot of hockey this weekend.

What I missed was replayed til 2am.

:lol:

The fact the Goophies are a #1 seed is a joke- They are at home and lost 2 games in the final 5- I guess the final 5 results don't mean much.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pairwise Rankings

Rk Team PWR RPI Comparisons Won

1t Colorado College (CC) 26 .5957*

1t Denver (DU) 26 .5916*

1t Boston College (BC) 26 .5885

4t Minnesota (Mn) 23 .5680

4t Cornell (Cr) 23 .5882*

Minnesota is tied for fourth in the Pairwise and wins the individual comparison with Cornell. So I guess a #1 seed isn't really a joke.