SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX VS BU FRIDAY MARCH 25TH 8:00 EST

AZSIOUX

sioux get BU FRIDAY MARCH 25TH. 8:00 EST out in worcester.BC and mercyhurst in bracket as well

last 8 games

3-3-2 bu

5-1-2 UND

worcester

BC VS MERCYHURST

UND VS BU

minneapolis

MINNESOTA VS MAINE

OHIO STATE VS CORNELL

grand rapids

CC VS COLGATE

WISCONSIN VS MICHIGAN

amherst

DENVER VS BEMIDJI SATE

NEW HAMPHSIRE VS HARVARD

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gotta beat 'em all to be called Champs. Let's see how good Hockey East is. I am surprised at BU. I thought we would have either Harvard or Ohio State based on pairwise.

Who's in the mood for some chowda?

sioux get BU out in worcester.BC and mercyhurst in bracket as well

last 8 games

3-3-2 bu

5-1-2 UND

worcester

BC VS MERCYHURST

UND VS BU

minneapolis

MINNESOTA VS MAINE

OHIO STATE VS CORNELL

grand rapids

CC VS COLGATE

WISCONSIN VS MICHIGAN

amherst

DENVER VS BEMIDJI SATE

HARVARD VS NEW HAMPHSIRE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IMO, Denver has the "easiest" bracket. The Gophers got a tough draw. CC again will be potentially faced with beating Michigan in Michigan. I do like that they only doubled up one bracket with multiple WCHA schools.

LET'S GO SIOUX!!!

EDIT. My mistake. I see the Sioux do play on Friday.

When was the last time a team with 14 loses was a #1 seed in the NCAA? That's gotta be a record. Kind of a joke. I'd take Maine, Cornell or Ohio State over them right now anyway.

I think the Sioux did OK by drawing BU. They're struggling more than others and they lack a goaltender that can control a game. BC would be huge mountain to climb though. The Sioux need to ride emotion into the tourney. It'll be sweet to get past 2 Boston schools on our way to Columbus.

Get well Robbie!

they fiished in the top 4 of the pairwise rankings.

What I want to know is, how in the  he$^ the goofers ended up a #1 seed in their bracket? They finished 4th in the WCHA, and lost both games this weekend, yet they end up with a #1 seed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is anyone else rooting for Bemidji over Denver, besides Sioux and Bemidji fans?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually think that Bemidji could give Denver a tough game if Clime plays well. I'd love to see the upset.

UND got screwed.  Having to beat two Boston schools in Boston to make the Frozen Four. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is going to be extremely tough but if any fans have a legitimate reason to complain it is CC who once again has to play on a regular ice surface in Michigans backyard. Based on everything that is transpiring at the moment would lead me to believe that DU has some extra influences in the NCAA hockey process.

I'm not so sure I'd bet against Minny against Maine. They have been hot as of late (Maine) but the Sioux swept them and they did lose some games they should have won.

However, that bracket could go both ways. If Cornell is indeed overrated, Ohio State could beat them and then it would be, IMO, a pretty even matchup UMN vs OSU. OR, since none of these teams are ranked incredibly high (yeah I know Cornell is in the top 5), it could be a wash and UMN could very well end up in the frozen four. As far as variables in quality of gameplay, I think Minneapolis has the widest varieties of outcomes meaning unpredictability.

You won't see that so much in any other bracket. UND could beat BU and BC, or it could lost to BC. BC is a tough opponent and surely, I would imagine both the UND/BU game, the BU/BC game, and/or the BC/UND game would be big draws. In fact, I'd expect Worcester to be the biggest draw among all games attendance wise because of the matchups. It would have been better if Worchester was a bigger arena, though. Not sure how big they are but I think Mariucci holds more people.

CC got the real screw job, because the objective criteria have been used virtually every year until this one, when the committee went subjective and bumped Denver ahead of them. With the same subjective reasoning used in changing CC and Denver, Cornell should have been given a 1 seed (switched with MN), yet the committee didn't do that. They've opened a big can of worms in throwing subjective decisions into what was supposed to be an objective process. Cornell gets a bit of a screw job having to play in MN on the large ice sheet, which does not fit their team. I'd expect OSU to take them out rather easily.

They didn't discuss it, but would guess the Sioux end up in Worcester because the committee decided to keep Michigan in Michigan. There is precedent set that that could happen, but I much prefer the original objective brackets.

CC is in a nasty region, MN appears to have the easiest regional, and, with BC, BU, and ND in the same region, that's a good one too. Of course ESPN in already up for a BC/BU final. Unfortunately, the Sioux get to screw over the ESPN planning once again :lol: The process was well set up for MN, in spite of their recent struggles, since they are the only team playing in their own arena, and they didn't need take attendence issues into account when selecting the other 3 teams to send there. The Sioux will have that advantage next year as long as they make the tourney.

The Worcester region is on ESPNU, have no idea whether Fox Sports will be able to pick up these games for western fans or not. We may be once again screwed (like Victory Sports last year) for seeing the Sioux on TV. Does anyone have ESPNU yet, other than maybe those with directtv or dish?

I have directv on satellite, but don't have ESPNU. That channel we have to pay extra for to get, and when it first came on, and to my knowledge still is, show nothing but basketball, and really nothing for hockey. I know next weekend they will show the NCAA's, but with Wisco. and Colgate (I think) playing in the midwest regional at the same time, we probably won't see the Sioux play anyway.

Sioux got a really tough bracket. Having to play two Boston schools in Mass to get to the Frozen Four is a tough feat, but I feel that the Sioux are playing well enough to do it. BU hasn't been playing as well their last few games, and like diggler said, BC is missing their top 3 players.

I feel that Denver has the easiest path to the Frozen Four, it would take a big upset for them not to make it. Minnie also got a tough bracket.

Go Sioux against BU!!

I don't agree that Bemidji is an easier draw than Colgate. The ECAC rarely travels out west - looking at Colgage this year they didn't play any good team outside of the ECAC. They lost to Northeastern twice and beat two weak CCHA schools in Ferris and LSSU, both of which Bemidji split with. I will be cheering for the Beavers.

Playing BU and potentially BC in Boston pretty much sucks, but the Sioux seem to do well out east in NCAA play. Denver and CC spanked BU earlier in the year, then they split with Minny when they were without Hagemo and Goligoski. BU has struggled recently, so playing them was a good draw - just where they are playing them sucks.

IMO the Goofers drew the best draw - the ECAC is overrated and Ohio looked terrible against Michigan. Maine has been up and down, and are the tougher team IMO.

I have directv on satellite, but don't have ESPNU. That channel we have to pay extra for to get, and when it first came on, and to my knowledge still is, show nothing but basketball, and really nothing for hockey. I know next weekend they will show the NCAA's, but with Wisco. and Colgate (I think) playing in the midwest regional at the same time, we probably won't see the Sioux play anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the selection show they said ESPNU would carry the Worcester regional, not surprising with BC and BU there.

I think with Minny's scoring problems of late, Maine and/or Cornell could give them a tough time since both have great goaltending. However, I would never bet against UM in MPLS.

I agree that CC got screwed. How does Michigan always end up in a Michigan bracket no matter where they are seeded. It's bad enough that they host a Regional almost every year, but even in a year where they are not the host school, they still end up there. That said, I still like CC coming out of that region.