SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Gophs

WPoS

These guys look to be peaking at the right time. Three great games. How they had enough gas for todays game is beyond me. The word character has been tossed out a few times - that is the best way to sum it up. If Denver wins tonight I think it is very possible for the Sioux and Denver to be in the same bracket - probably unlikely, but still possible. I would love nothing more than to see some revenge from last year - and yesterday.

These past couple of weeks have been a fun time to be a Sioux fan, it looks like they are playing to the potential most were expecting.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Denver, watching the game and a DU fan comes in, and asks what game it is. Tell him its the UND/MN game, UND just won, then he has the odasity to say, what a game yesterday....DU is a GREAT team, then he looks up and sees my UND shirt...a$$hole. Just wanted to throw down the gloves and show him a thing or two about hockey. ??? More than likely he's one of the Bandwagon fans that are or so prosperious in the Denver area. A$$****S

I believe if BC beats UNH, Sioux pass UNH and get a 2 seed. If UNH wins, Sioux are tied with Harvard at 8 but lose to Harvard by RPI tiebreaker, then becoming the top #3 seed.

Hard to be for BC, but maybe for one night. ???

EDit: guess mory has a scenario that gets them higher than that, but still a 2

I live in Denver, watching the game and a DU fan comes in, and asks what game it is.  Tell him its the UND/MN game, UND just won, then he has the odasity to say, what a game yesterday....DU is a GREAT team, then he looks up and sees my UND shirt...a$$hole.  Just wanted to throw down the gloves and show him a thing or two about hockey.  ???  More than likely he's one of the Bandwagon fans that are or so prosperious in the Denver area.  A$$****S

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, you just had a once in a lifetime experience. It is not every Sioux fan who can claim that he actually met one of DUs two dozen fans.

I believe if BC beats UNH, Sioux pass UNH and get a 2 seed. If UNH wins, Sioux are tied with Harvard at 8 but lose to Harvard by RPI tiebreaker, then becoming the top #3 seed.

Hard to be for BC, but maybe for one night. ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Even if BC wins tonight, the Sioux can sitll be a #3 seed. If Harvard Beats cornell and Michigan beats Ohio State, then we're #9 overall.

As long as Cornell wins, we are a #2 seed. So you don't have to cheer for BC tonight. ???

The Gophers are the home team, they will play in MN next week. Their ranking doesn't matter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe it matters if you're a Gopher fan. If the Gophers finish #4, they'll be a 1 seed. If they finish #5, then the winner of the Denver - CC game tonight will likely be the #1 seed at Mariucci.

I would just like to say that as a GF native and a CC alum, I LOVE the Sioux and really like CC. Forgive my bitterness here but last spring my recent ex-girlfriend went out of her way to send me an email telling me how happy her new boyfriend was that DU beat UND on their way to the NCAA championship. Knowing how much I love the Sioux, she really hit me below the belt as she knew that I was very upset about that quarterfinal game (I was in attendance and in utter shock that we lost). So to all those out there (men or women) who have been scored by their ex-, let me tell you I've been there. I have to live in Denver and suffer the likes of two idiots on the radio, 950 The Fan-their names are Lou from Littleton and Mike Mosier-Mike went out of his way yesterday morning to tell the listeners how much he hates, "the North Dakota Fightin' Sioux and all of their fans as well as how stupid and slow they all must be, particularly those from Minot, Williston, and Grand Forks." To Mike on 950 the fan I say, revenge is a dish best served cold-don't get too cocky about your "DU Pios."

On a brighter note, today's 3rd place victory felt so good I thought it was the championship! Nice recovery from yesterday, and get well soon Robbie!

Dan M.

I must admit that I kinda laughed when I was reading the early posts on this thread. Sioux shouldn't play. Team doesn't care. Forfeit.

These men that play for the Fighting Sioux are among the elite athletes in the world. Men of that calibre were raised on playing through adversity - it is how they arrived at this time, this game. They are not quitters. They are CHALLENGERS. And they are WINNERS.

That said, it was a pretty good game, eh?

Rex... ???

I must admit that I kinda laughed when I was reading the early posts on this thread. Sioux shouldn't play. Team doesn't care. Forfeit.

These men that play for the Fighting Sioux are among the elite athletes in the world. Men of that calibre were raised on playing through adversity - it is how they arrived at this time, this game. They are not quitters. They are CHALLENGERS. And they are WINNERS.

That said, it was a pretty good game, eh?

Rex... ???

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I suggested forfeiting earlier in protest of the reffing. Nothing is going to change in this league until some coach/school/team makes a dramatic statement.