SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Gophs

WPoS

I suggested forfeiting earlier in protest of the reffing.  Nothing is going to change in this league until some coach/school/team makes a dramatic statement.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder if UND could request non-WCHA refs for all exhibition and non-conference games. ???

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess which team averaged the most goals per game in the tournament? ???

Congratulations to Rastislav Spirko and Nick Fuher on making the WCHA Final Five all-tournament team.

Edited by PCM

Congratulations to Rastislav Spirko and Nick Fuher on making the WCHA Final Five all-tournament team?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So did they make it or are you asking if they made it? ???

Can you give the list of the full tournament team?

Gauthier.

Fulgham.

Sterling.

Spirko.

Fuhrer.

McElhinney.

That's it, as best I recall.  I was a bit busy giving Gwod a short lesson in civility.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You were close old friend but I don't believe Fulgham made the team and the second D-man to go with Fuhr was the Pies Laatch.

You were close old friend but I don't believe Fulgham made the team and the second D-man to go with Fuhr was the Pies Laatch.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I will defer to the knowledgeable Hab-it. I recall it now. Laatch.

The Pioneers had about eight what I assume were players in street clothes on the ice. Are there any restrictions on the number of roster players a team can have?

The Sioux are down to bare bones. Thank God those bones are some of the best in the Country. Let the Selections begin.

I will defer to the knowledgeable Hab-it. I recall it now. Laatch.

The Pioneers had about eight what I assume were players in street clothes on the ice. Are there any restrictions on the number of roster players a team can have?

The Sioux are down to bare bones. Thank God those bones are some of the best in the Country. Let the Selections begin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And we need every one of those bones heading into the tourney. ???

I find it interesting all the comments on here about the officiating, yet no one mentioned the obvious spear dished out by Harrington on Stafford with 26 seconds left in the game. Stafford took a shot from the slot that deflected off of Harrington's stick, hitting him just under the mask, and Harrington immediately jabbed his stick into Stafford's gut. All while Anderson was standing about 4 feet from the two of them. Honest to goodness, it was 4-2, the game had been decided, call the da** penalty.

All while Anderson was standing about 4 feet from the two of them.  Honest to goodness, it was 4-2, the game had been decided, call the da** penalty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But that would have meant Harrington would have to sit out the first game of the NCAA playoffs, and the WCHA can't have that.

I heard that crowd reaction and saw Stafford down on the ice, but I wasn't sure what happened. Curiously, Frank and Doug didn't mention it.

you guys won, fair and square. 

For the record, you guys had too many men on the ice a bunch of times, because Harrington counts as a player for our opponents!

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

After the Spirko goal, however, Harrington was playing "lighter" due to the undressing. Kinda like parts falling off a car and improving gas mileage. And a shining example that very few offensive dmen are in the Leopold/Martin class.

Thought Frank and Doug were more "even-handed" than they have ever been when the Sioux are playing. Credit for the defensive side of dmen's game; I fell out of my lazy boy.

Would like FSN to show replays of Gopher penalties and potential penalties like they do the opponent penalties and potential penalties. Can't say I've ever understood that, although I guess it's keeping with the Gophers "clean" image as opposed to the Sioux's "thug" image that they prefer to potray.

For the first period and a half, I thought the players were just going through the motions. Their heads didn't seem to be in the game, and understandably so. Then came Spirko's shorthanded goal and it was as if the fuse was lit.

(Note: Woog pronounces Sparky's first name as "RAT-i-slav." I can't complain too much about that because Greg Lotysz says it the same way. It's RAST-i-slav guys.)

After the Spirko goal, it was as if the entire team suddenly woke up and thought, "Hey, we can win this. We must win it for Robbie!" From there on, it was a new game.

What did Hirsh do after this game?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It will be interesting to see what happens with Hirsh in the playoffs and beyond. His leaving his stick at center ice COULD be symbolic that his days playing in the brown and yellow are over, although I doubt it. Similar to when a wrestler leaves his shoes on the matt after his last match.

For the first period and a half, I thought the players were just going through the motions. Their heads didn't seem to be in the game, and understandably so. Then came Spirko's shorthanded goal and it was as if the fuse was lit.

(Note: Woog pronounces Sparky's first name as "RAT-i-slav." I can't complain too much about that because Greg Lotysz says it the same way. It's RAST-i-slav guys.)

After the Spirko goal, it was as if the entire team suddenly woke up and thought, "Hey, we can win this. We must win it for Robbie!" From there on, it was a new game.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought he said it was Rassislav "Rusty" Shpirko. Phil Lamaroh, and Matt Shmaby? :lol:

Edit: One thing Woog did do was heap a ton of credit on Jordan Parise, the Sioux D, and Travis Zajac. He also was complimentary of Spirko once he gave up on trying to say his name correctly.

Oh, and the forum article was password protected.