SiouxSports.com Forum

UND vs. Gophs

WPoS

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The calls are much more like it was in October. Not bad calls against the Sioux, but seemingly they are going just one way. A big time slash on Stafford with the Gophers on the PP. A referee and both AR's could not have all missed that one, I'd guess Anderson was looking at it so the AR's had to ignore it. Maybe the Sioux are paying for complaining about the Denver game officiating.

Spirko's shorty was worth watching what's been a boring game for the Sioux. Undressed a dman and Briggs in short order.

Sioux picked up the pace after the Spirko goal. If they have legs left the third period may be better than the first two.

an AR is calling a penalty

lol

jones gets 2 mins for boarding

lol

wow

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is such BS. Sure Jones deserved the penalty, but thank goodness he let up and really only gave a push.

Let's back up 30 seconds from Jones' penalty. A Gopher player is rushing up on a breakaway while Jones is chasing. The Gopher slips and falls and both he and Jones are in the corner with Jones standing and the Gopher on the ground. The puck is up the ice farther and Jones turns to get up ice and WHAM. ANother Gopher came in and nailed him. It was certainly a charge if not at least interference. No call. Jones then tries hitting any Gopher his sight.

Make the first call and then there isn't the chance for retaliation.

Plus, Stafford has been mugged twice trying to break into the Gophers zone and nothing has been called.

I'm not saying we didn't deserve the penalties, but be consistent for BOTH teams.

I said that Foyt should have played over Marvin yesterday to add a spark to the team. I think he has played pretty well today. He is a little rusty when trying to do too much offensively, but what do you expect from someone who plays so few games and is a defenseman.