SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State High School Hockey Championship

siouxnami

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Don Lucia is full of crap...

I've only seen the commercial for "Staubers Goal Crease" 1,700 times since the start of the high school tourney, but I never paid much attention to Lucia's endorsement. He says this is the finest training center he's ever seen...Didn't he live in Colorado Springs, home of the Olympic training center? :D I don't trust anyone whose hair looks like Sonic the Hedgehog...

That Don Lucia is full of crap...

I've only seen the commercial for "Staubers Goal Crease" 1,700 times  since the start of the high school tourney, but I never paid much attention to Lucia's endorsement.  He says this is the finest training center he's ever seen...Didn't he live in Colorado Springs, home of the Olympic training center? :D  I don't trust anyone whose hair looks like Sonic the Hedgehog...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why is this so hard to swallow? Isn't Stauber a long time assistant and Gopher player? It makes sense that Lucia would endorse him.

Why was it waved?  Man in crease?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They thought it was a high stick, but the replay clearly showed that the puck was below the crossbar as the Moorhead player took a whack at it...Lou Nanne didn't think the MH kid even made contact with the puck...total screw...

Beautiful job of counter-punching by AHA tonight. They jumped on turnovers and got odd-man rushes, and converted a lot of them. Moorhead had plenty of chances, but couldn't get them into the net. That waved-off goal will enter into the Moorhead folklore as one more bad break along the way to not winning a title. There's no question it was a terrible call, but you have to fight through bad breaks. I think Duluth East ultimately cost Moorhead the title, as their pathetic effort last night was probably responsible for Moorhead sleep-walking through the first half of this game. They must have thought they were a little greater than they are after dominating on Friday.

MHD gets $%&*$# by the reffing. The first HA goal was allowed by the ref after he clearly blew the whistle before it went in. Then he calls off a goal for high sticking after the replay shows 1. it was not played by a high stick and 2. It was not even touched by Johnsons stick. :D

They played their worse defensive game of the year, which put them in a bad position. A couple of weak goals, and Lee was toasted on the first three HA goals. Lee and Ammerman both had terrible games - yet both will be named to the all tourny popularity contest. Barta played a great game and a great tourny, other than that the defense was pretty dissapointing.

0-6 in championship games - it must hurt to be a die-hard Moorhead fan - I was really only a fan for two years :D

too bad the Spuds came out slow tonight. Sucks. AHA had there number and shut down their system.

I really liked the play of Matt Becker for the Spuds over the whole tourney. Sounds like he will be playing for Anchorage. I think he will come back to haunt the local WCHA teams.

Did you drop out? :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:D My cousin played for them last year and this year.

Becker is going to the AFA with his brother - the Sioux will likely never see him. Unless he's up at GF for some flight instruction. ;)

Beautiful job of counter-punching by AHA tonight.  They jumped on turnovers and got odd-man rushes, and converted a lot of them.  Moorhead had plenty of chances, but couldn't get them into the net.  That waved-off goal will enter into the Moorhead folklore as one more bad break along the way to not winning a title.  There's no question it was a terrible call, but you have to fight through bad breaks.  I think Duluth East ultimately cost Moorhead the title, as their pathetic effort last night was probably responsible for Moorhead sleep-walking through the first half of this game.  They must have thought they were a little greater than they are after dominating on Friday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Then you have to thank WBL for choking away the quarter final. The Moorhead goaltending always blinks when it matters most. Even in one of the games against the power house Jefferson teams, they really had a shot and even out played them but were done in by superior tending.

Great weekend, I just wish the refs would have had a little less of a role in both finals. I really didn't think I could hate HA any more, but they took it to a new level.

I guess I got my info wrong.  But, I still liked the hard work and play of Becker.

AFA, AA - someone probably left out the 'F' somewhere. Becker is a fun player to watch, glad to see he made the all tourny team. IMO Morinville should have put him on the second line much earlier in the tourny. Cory Johnson is also fun to watch - I hope he gives up football and decides to play hockey next season. He was one of the best players on the ice all tourny, especially tonight.

Holy Angels got some lucky bounces, and then clearly outcoached the Spuds. Not to say Morinville is a bad coach, but Trebil put a great trap together that Moorhead couldn't figure out, it was kinda of a defensive zone trap - they gave up the shots, but pushed everything to the outside and cleared out the crease area. Moorhead was the much more talented team, too bad the fell asleep to start the game, then had some ugly goaltending. I'm sure their will be talk of a 'curse' after this game. They will be known as the WBL of section 8.

I just saw Lee, Ammerman and VandeVelde made all tourny with Becker. IMO Becker and VandeVelde are the only two that deserve it. Lee did make some nice passes, and played well in the first two games, but the way he was burned tonight, I would have never thought HS players could get around him like that. Ammerman dissapeared for the entire tourny - he did nothing. Cory Johnson lead the team in scoring for the tourny and should have been named.

I'll pick the underdog.  Winner of Bloomington-Jefferson HS vs Holy Angels.

Warroad in the other class.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Damn, I am getting good. 2/2 in HS MN. I also predicted the ND state HS hockey winner would be from Grand Forks in January. What can I say history repeates itself.

Anyone want lotto numbers. :D