SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State High School Hockey Championship

siouxnami

Great hockey game. A few little things:

After two periods, shots were 20-9 TG. I thought it didn't reflect the game very well because to that point Warroad had kept TG from the dangerous areas pretty well, and had seemed to have their chances too. Then they showed scoring chances to that point, and they were Warroad 10-7.

With two minutes and change left in regulation, Warroad called timeout, put Marvin up with the Oshie line, and then I don't think they changed lines until time expired. Talk about not going with short shifts. Likewise, I'll bet the Oshie line played at least 5 of the 8 OT minutes. They'll either get the game-winner or the minus on the losing goal because they'll be at the end of a long shift.

I wasn't sure what to think of Oshie after the first game against Albert Lea, because he looked a little sluggish to me. I thought he looked much better against STA, and he has been a warrior (sorry) today. Is a shooter and a passer, and has been physically very tough to handle. Tries to dangle too much, but that probably happens when you are so successful at it. I'm sure a little adveristy in the juniors or college will have him going for the safer play a little more often. I'm pretty excited to see how he does in college.

Hardwick also looks much better than last year. I think both he and Oimb will be Division 1 players somewhere.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2nd ot...now both teams have had a goal taken away in this game...warroad earlier and totino-grace now in 2nd ot....wow!!!!!!!! no replay in high school i guess..

3-3

2nd OT...

POWERPLAY warroad 2nd OT......

2nd ot...now both teams have had a goal taken away in this game...warroad earlier and totino-grace now in 2nd ot....wow!!!!!!!! no replay in high school i guess..

3-3

2nd OT...

POWERPLAY warroad 2nd OT......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

stop!!! neither went in the net

Yes, watched it here. Wonderful hockey. They make enough mistakes to generate good chances, which makes it great to watch. No controversial "no goals". The only controversy is perhaps calling a penalty in the second OT after letting everything go for a long time. These teams were very even, and would probably split if they played ten games.

Oshie's hit in the defensive zone in the third was a beauty, and shouldn't have been called elbowing. He's a real athlete, strong, good hands, nice agility. I thought he tried to do too much at times, but I guess that is what you do when you are "the man" on a team. UND could perhaps use a forward on this year's team that tries to put the team on his shoulders.

It was a exciting game to watch. Great saves both ways and outstanding playing both ways. Marvin is going to be a solid player the next 2 years in High School. Hardwick has a great hard shot and also would be a good pick up for the Sioux. Now we have to wait for the Moorhead game. T.J. is the man

OSHIE WITH POINT # 100 ON THE SEASON AND WARROAD WINS TITLE IN DOUBLE OT..........

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have been told by a hockey person that this is the kid that is going make UND fans very happy. I am just glad that he is ours.

Yes, watched it here.  Wonderful hockey.  They make enough mistakes to generate good chances, which makes it great to watch.  No controversial "no goals".  The only controversy is perhaps calling a penalty in the second OT after letting everything go for a long time.  These teams were very even, and would probably split if they played ten games. 

Oshie's hit in the defensive zone in the third was a beauty, and shouldn't have been called elbowing.  He's a real athlete, strong, good hands, nice agility.  I thought he tried to do too much at times, but I guess that is what you do when you are "the man" on a team.  UND could perhaps use a forward on this year's team that tries to put the team on his shoulders.

Almost exactly what I thought about the game and Oshie's performance. Occasionally a little to individual, but he also showed great ability to use his teammates too.

This game was incredible. I started watching half-way through. Had other things to do and almost stopped watching with a couple minutes left in the game but couldn't turn away. Wasn't going to watch OT but couldn't turn away. Both goalies had some luck and made incredible saves on sure-things in the OT period. Oshie made the big time play in the end. What an exciting game to watch.

Twas a great game. My wife, who loves hockey in person but refuses to watch on the tv, grabbed the remote and wouldn't change channels. She was standing in front of the tv YELLING as those great saves happened back to back on opposite ends of the rink. Fun to watch.

Hope Moorhead is smiling after their game tonight.

That single A game was the best game I've seen in a long time. I agree with jk on the fact that TG was outshooting them, but not by any means out chancing them. Warroad looked to me to have far and away the three best players on either team with Oshie, Hardwick and Olimb. Totino had far superior depth.

Seeing those teams and even the Duluth Marshall / Totino game makes me long for the days with one class. It used to be such an accomplishment to make it to your region's semi-finals, let alone the state semi-finals.