SiouxSports.com Forum

Minnesota State High School Hockey Championship

siouxnami

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is going to be a really good player for the Sioux over the next couple of years. He will take time to adjust to the WCHA, but he has a lot of skills that will make him a good player.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree, Lee was a great signing. History has shown to not expect much from D-men until there 2nd year. But Lee should be a great addition to the program.

I live in Roch, (sadly).  I'm happy to see them get beat.  Sick of hearing about them down here, their conference is pretty weak.  I thought Moorhead would blow them out worse than they did.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Amen to that , Section 1 is such a joke.

Just figured I would give a quick update to what's happening down in St. Paul. Academy of Holy Angels just beat Bloomington Jefferson 3-2. From what I could see, it looked like Jefferson outplayed the Stars, but just were'nt able to bury the puck. Did ya'll see that wrist shot from the blue line from the Angels kid to make it 2-1 ? Pretty nice, caught the goalie offgaurd. Kind of nice to see the only 2 teams that beat the Spuds this year (WBL & Jefferson) out of contention for the title already. Tartan and Elk River are going at it right now, not sure on a score. Go Spuds !!!

Just figured I would give a quick update to what's happening down in St. Paul. Academy of Holy Angels just beat Bloomington Jefferson 3-2. From what I could see, it looked like Jefferson outplayed the Stars, but just were'nt able to bury the puck. Did ya'll see that wrist shot from the blue line from the Angels kid to make it 2-1 ? Pretty nice, caught the goalie offgaurd. Kind of nice to see the only 2 teams that beat the Spuds this year (WBL & Jefferson) out of contention for the title already. Tartan and Elk River are going at it right now, not sure on a score. Go Spuds !!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

FYI

Moorhead didn't loose to Jefferson they lost to unranked Hill Murray which was the last game of the regular season. I don't know what the score of the Jefferson game was, but it was a home game and Moorhead hasn't lost a home game in over 50 games :blush:

GO SPUDS!!!

FYI

Moorhead didn't loose to Jefferson they lost to unranked Hill Murray which was the last game of the regular season.  I don't know what the score of the Jefferson game was, but it was a home game and Moorhead hasn't lost a home game in over 50 games  :blush: 

GO SPUDS!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

3-1 Moorhead; played February 5.

Here are Thursday's scores. Clearly the 2A games were far more competitive than 1A, with the exception of Moorhead / Century.

2A: Tartan 4, Elk River 3

2A: Holy Angels 3, Bloom. Jefferson 2

2A: Duluth East 3, White Bear Lake 2

2A: Moorhead 3, Rochester Century 0

Warroad 1-0 after 1 against STA. Goal came after a double dangle (how's she goin, how's she goin) by Hardwick at the point. Really sweet move. Warroad looks better to me than they did Wednesday, Oshie included. Not much for results yet, but a pretty dominant first period, especially defensively.

Actually, that's what impressed me so much about Moorhead yesterday. Century was supposed to have some offensive flash, but Moorhead hardly gave them a sniff of a scoring chance.

Warroad 1-0 after 1 against STA.  Goal came after a double dangle (how's she goin, how's she goin) by Hardwick at the point.  Really sweet move.  Warroad looks better to me than they did Wednesday, Oshie included.  Not much for results yet, but a pretty dominant first period, especially defensively.

Actually, that's what impressed me so much about Moorhead yesterday.  Century was supposed to have some offensive flash, but Moorhead hardly gave them a sniff of a scoring chance.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Warroad looks far better defensively than they did last year. No odd man rushes, crushing body checks on the St. Thomas forwards before they gain the zone.

Great effort by both teams so far, but clearly Warroad is superior by a large margin.

Warroad 1-0 after 1 against STA.  Goal came after a double dangle (how's she goin, how's she goin) by Hardwick at the point.  Really sweet move.  Warroad looks better to me than they did Wednesday, Oshie included.  Not much for results yet, but a pretty dominant first period, especially defensively.

Oshie scores 6 sec into the 2nd period to put Warroad up 2-0. Nice snipe from TJ to beat the goalie.

The physical Warroad dmen are doing a good job of neutralizing the smaller STA forwards (including that little 8th grader Schroeder).

Warroad now scores again after a nice rush.

3-0 War