SiouxSports.com Forum

Red Pepper Grinder Recipe

BigChief

I am looking to make my own grinders at home since I don't live in GF and dont want to spend $25 on overnight delivery. Below is my best shot at what the ingredients are. Any one know for sure what is in white sauce, type of cheese, and if the taco meat is just hamburger (because it doesn't look like meat) with seasoning ?

White Sauce: Mayo, Milk, Black/White Pepper, Salt

Red Sauce: Runny Red Salsa

Meats: Salami, Turkey, Ham, Taco Meat

Cheese: Processed Swiss "cheese like product" (or Colby)

Lettuce: Shredded

Buns: 8 Inch white sub buns

[this list will be updated as people make corrections]

I am looking to make my own grinders at home since I don't live in GF and dont want to spend $25 on overnight delivery.  Below is my best shot at what the ingredients are.  Any one know for sure what is in white sauce, type of cheese, and if the taco meat is just hamburger (because it doesn't look like meat) with seasoning ?

White Sauce:  Ranch Dressing, Mayo, Black Pepper

Red Sauce: Runny Red Salsa

Meats: Salami, Turkey, Ham, Taco Meat

Cheese: Processed White Cheese (Velveeta like Colby?)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dont count on figuring out the recipe for the white sauce.

I am looking to make my own grinders at home since I don't live in GF and dont want to spend $25 on overnight delivery.  Below is my best shot at what the ingredients are.  Any one know for sure what is in white sauce, type of cheese, and if the taco meat is just hamburger (because it doesn't look like meat) with seasoning ?

White Sauce:  Ranch Dressing, Mayo, Black Pepper  Watered-down cheap mayo with mega black pepper

Red Sauce: Runny Red Salsa Louisianna pepper sauce

Meats: Salami, Turkey, Ham, Taco Meat find the ox lips/pork spleens variety,

Cheese: Processed White Cheese (Velveeta like Colby?) Swiss & Cheddar

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my buddy's home recipe

Find good sub roll/buns or whatever you call them (gotta be fresh and soft)

Deli ham slices

Swiss cheese slices

Lettuce

Ranch dressing

Taco meat (hamburger/schillings taco seasonings mix)

Makes a pretty approximation

• 17 years later...
23 hours ago, siouxczech29 said:

False

TRUE!   RP's "Taco Meat" is the lowest grade of beef (80% would be "prime") AND they add oatmeal to "flesh" it out.  Taco Bell also does this although there is almost NO WAY to make taco meat cheaper.   Tellman's advantage was adding more real cheese but the "meat" is just fatty hamburger mush - turn away if you can't handle the truth but THAT IS the truth.

Never stopped me from eating tacos and grinders non-stop for 30+ years - just don't pretend you're getting "quality" food from the RP anytime:whistling:  Has and NEVER WILL happen!  And that's why UND students love it -peace

10 hours ago, gfNDfan said:

TRUE!   RP's "Taco Meat" is the lowest grade of beef (80% would be "prime") AND they add oatmeal to "flesh" it out.  Taco Bell also does this although there is almost NO WAY to make taco meat cheaper.   Tellman's advantage was adding more real cheese but the "meat" is just fatty hamburger mush - turn away if you can't handle the truth but THAT IS the truth.

Never stopped me from eating tacos and grinders non-stop for 30+ years - just don't pretend you're getting "quality" food from the RP anytime:whistling:  Has and NEVER WILL happen!  And that's why UND students love it -peace

true...the reason it is so sticky and gos on with those long flat spatulas is the oatmeal making it sticky