SiouxSports.com Forum

2023-24 ND High School Hockey

8 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

WDA play-ins hold serve for the top seeds.

Bottineau ends Hazen's season. 7-3

Williston run times BHS 7-1 

Bismarck High ends their 50th anniversary year with their worst season in program history, 1-20.

Rumors of everyone quitting and the program folding.  

2 hours ago, Johnny Five said:

Rumors of everyone quitting and the program folding.  

I sure hope that doesn't happen. Plenty of teams around the state have had brutal season after brutal season but stuck around. Schedule some games with Watford, Sidney, Wahp etc. to get more winnable games on the schedule. They will be fine especially with the pretty solid bismarck youth numbers. 

49 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Wow. Can’t handle a little adversity?

42 minutes ago, Brim006 said:

I sure hope that doesn't happen. Plenty of teams around the state have had brutal season after brutal season but stuck around. Schedule some games with Watford, Sidney, Wahp etc. to get more winnable games on the schedule. They will be fine especially with the pretty solid bismarck youth numbers. 

Its probably a bit deeper than that at this point.....

https://www.facebook.com/share/p/Mdiv46iHJpcCJaRd/?mibextid=qi2Omg

And here I thought that Peluso was hanging it up because of hockey parents.....no way he could have foreseen this happening.....:lol:

The way that things are trending in youth sports hockey parents will move out of the BHS boundary area, or they'll use uncle/aunt/grandma's address in the Legacy or Century district.

This same scenario could play out in West Fargo, as talks have started about when the right time to add a hockey team to Horace High School is.  Stay tuned there as well.   

• Upvote 3

On 2/11/2024 at 9:11 AM, sioux rube said:

I’d be absolutely shocked if the Blue Jays make state. There is so much team negativity right now and has been for awhile. A senior player on Friday flips off a Dickinson player in the first period, gets kicked out and proceeds to break her stick on the way out. One gal had her A taken off her jersey because of her crappy attitude. It’s been a season to forget except for Sorlie between the pipes 

As the father of the girl with the A taken off of her jersey id like to give you some background on this player and the situation she is in. This girl plays hockey 12 months out of the year and spends endless hours working on her skills in the off-season.  She hands down skates more minutes than any other girl in the state and carries the load for this team. When she plays at home for whatever reason this officiating crew in jamestown has it out for her and she is constantly tripped and slashed with no calls. She got in An altercation with her coach who handled the situation in an extremely unprofessional manner. She was upset because he doesnt say anything to them, she has had many  assists and goals get credited to other players and no corrections made. For a girl who hopes to play after high school thats a big deal. She hands down skates harder than any player in our program male or female so if you want to say she has a crappy attitude then you put yourself in her shoes and id like to see how youd handle it.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, aquaman said:

As the father of the girl with the A taken off of her jersey id like to give you some background on this player and the situation she is in. This girl plays hockey 12 months out of the year and spends endless hours working on her skills in the off-season.  She hands down skates more minutes than any other girl in the state and carries the load for this team. When she plays at home for whatever reason this officiating crew in jamestown has it out for her and she is constantly tripped and slashed with no calls. She got in An altercation with her coach who handled the situation in an extremely unprofessional manner. She was upset because he doesnt say anything to them, she has had many  assists and goals get credited to other players and no corrections made. For a girl who hopes to play after high school thats a big deal. She hands down skates harder than any player in our program male or female so if you want to say she has a crappy attitude then you put yourself in her shoes and id like to see how youd handle it.

Always 2 sides to every story and now we got it from the source

thanks hockey dad whomever you are

no one really knows how hard kids try these days how many camps etc to try and keep up

keep at it

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

No doubt she skates hard. Crappy attitude probably the wrong word to use. Frustration with the way things have gone is what I should have used. This team had high expectations going into the season. Bottom line it starts at the top and it seems to me the coaches have lost the team. Sad because there is enough talent to be better than they are. 

Not sure how she gets goals or assists taken away as that’s the refs job not the coaches 

7 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

No doubt she skates hard. Crappy attitude probably the wrong word to use. Frustration with the way things have gone is what I should have used. This team had high expectations going into the season. Bottom line it starts at the top and it seems to me the coaches have lost the team. Sad because there is enough talent to be better than they are. 

Not sure how she gets goals or assists taken away as that’s the refs job not the coaches 

Coaches can say something to correct it. And our head coach says nothing.  Hes been terrible with my child from day 1. I gave him the benefit of the doubt for the last 4 years but ive had enough. 

• Upvote 3

Girls action tonight: every bubble team in action:

mandan at minot.  Minot needs. Win.

legacy at Williston both need a win.

Devils lake at Jamestown. Both need a win. 

Dickinson at CHS.  Both need a win.

essentially a state tournament night.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Johnny Five said:

Girls action tonight: every bubble team in action:

mandan at minot.  Minot needs. Win.

legacy at Williston both need a win.

Devils lake at Jamestown. Both need a win. 

Dickinson at CHS.  Both need a win.

essentially a state tournament night.

Now with 12 teams in girls hockey I would think they could have an east and west regional. Top 2 teams get a bye and the bottom 4 teams play to see who advances to play them. Just a thought 

2 hours ago, sioux rube said:

Now with 12 teams in girls hockey I would think they could have an east and west regional. Top 2 teams get a bye and the bottom 4 teams play to see who advances to play them. Just a thought 

I think there's 7 west and 5 east but I like the concept.  

6 hours ago, Brim006 said:

How about north and south like youth hockey.

I think you could still get away with Rube's proposal...just one bye in the east and 2 in the west.  Now how that gets bracketed, who knows.  Worst part about girls hockey is lack of non conference games.  I think most teams had 2 this year.  Next year 1, no 6 point games.  Hard to take chances and groom kids when every game has a state implication and no wda/edc.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to Devil's Lake and Abrahamson, Olson and the entire team for punching their ticket to the Girls state tournament.  

If my math is correct (and I hate math)....Minot, Jamestown and Dickinson are mathematically eliminated from the state tournament on the girls side.  Legacy-Bismarck, Century and Williston will battle for the last 2 spots.  

L/B has 23 points.  Century 22.  Williston 21.  Willy has dickinson left.  L/B and CHS have DL and Davies...going to come down to the last day if Williston holds on to beat Dickinson Friday.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, gfhockey said:

I’m forecasting a Rrhs uoset

Not the level of RR teams the past few years.  Have plenty of chinks in their armour but have found ways to win.  Won't be surprised at all if they lose this week or next.