SiouxSports.com Forum

Of the 6 games remaining, how many will we win?

01grad

Of the 6 games remaining, how many will we win?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Of the 6 games remaining, how many will we win?

The Sioux have already won their last game. That was against the powerhouse Bemidji State. They'll be on the road for the WCHA playoffs in either Duluth or Minneapolis and end the season 15-20-3 after being ranked #1 in the country while utilizing their last excuse "the sun was in my eyes".

The firing of "Hack-stool" should follow shortly thereafter.....hopefully.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sioux have already won their last game. That was against the powerhouse Bemidji State. They'll be on the road for the WCHA playoffs in either Duluth or Minneapolis and end the season 15-20-3 after being ranked #1 in the country while utilizing their last excuse "the sun was in my eyes".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't think so that means we get swept by pathetic teams UAA, SCSU.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now theres an example of some positive fan MOJO.....Whats up with that? :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eeeaaaydeeottt Wind . . . .

How would we end up in Minnesota. I dont even think Duluth has a real chance to catch us.

I bet Sioux per Villian owned a Oilers jersey in the 80's, took turns the last few years wearing his Devils jersey and Red Wings jersey and last june he bought a Lightning jersey.

I enjoy posts like Sioux-per's. Team has lost some close games and also made some bad decisions and suddenly, whoops! Fire him.

Good thing people like that don't run Bellichek's life. Anyone remember that? Oh. Yeah. He started in Cleveland I think? And now he's won 4 super bowls. God how did that happen? Bellichek SUCKED in his first year as a head coach! Things like that just don't happen.

Hey, how about George Seifert? When he took over for Walsh, the Steve Young led 49ers went, what, 1-15? Why didn't they fire him? OH that's right. New coach, new system. Took them a year to adapt. And now Young is in the hall of fame.

Ok ok. THat's football. How about hockey?

1967-68 season, St. Louis hired this Scotty Bowman guy. Gosh. They only went 23-21-14! Why didn't they fire him? I mean, they BARELY escaped 500 hockey!

Not good enough? Ok, how about 4 time Stanley Cup winning coach Glenn Sather?

Who was the idiot that decided to keep this idiot coach on board after his pathetic first season as ah ead coach of the Oilers? I mean, 28-39-13? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? He sucks!

That's why I like Sioux-per and BDB's logic. Hakstol, like Sather, Seifert, Bellichek, and Bowman, should have been fired after their first seasons as head coach. They are a disgrace for their sport and they should all be banished from our thoughts. :lol:

Oh yeah, Dean Blais sucks too. He only was good enough to take a UND team to 18-18-3 his first year. Heck! He sucked his second year! 19-18-1! What the hell did we see in this guy? ???

Who knows what Hakstol is going to turn out to be. But like hell am I going to say that he doesn't deserve the chance to get things going. He's done a pretty darn good job of recruiting so far, even when Blais has been Head Coach.

Moral: Uh, if 3 years go by without results, THEN we START wondering how long Hakstol's job is going to last. This year and next year? Nope. Barring major catastrophe, BDB and SIouxper are just going to have to cry it out.

END RANT

I'll take the under on the 4.5

We get swept at AA, split with SC and sweep WI for some much needed mo going into the playoffs.

But what do I know??

We really need the "Denver syndrome" to come into play two years in a row. Use great goaltending with some D (that stays out of the box) to offset a weak O.

I'm not confident it will happen.

The good news...pitchers and catchers report in two weeks.

I'll take the under on the 4.5

We get swept at AA, split with SC and sweep WI for some much needed mo going into the playoffs.

But what do I know??

We really need the "Denver syndrome" to come into play two years in a row. Use great goaltending with some D (that stays out of the box) to offset a weak O.

I'm not confident it will happen.

The good news...pitchers and catchers report in two weeks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you figure we will do that? Sweep UW, lose both to UAA? Split SCSU?

NDSU's club team could beat SCSU right now!

NO WAY we will get any less than 4 points that weekend.

At worst, split with UAA, Swept by UW, sweep SCSU. Bar minimum 3 games won out of six. Best case for me is sweep UAA and SCSU, split UW.

At worst, split with UAA, Swept by UW, sweep SCSU. Bar minimum 3 games won out of six. Best case for me is sweep UAA and SCSU, split UW.

i agree and immediately thought the best case scenario and voted 5 when i first read this poll. i am still optimistic and think the Sioux will get at least 8 points (split uaa, sweep scsu, split uw) to finish the season. i don't see the sioux struggling enough in uaa to be swept and i certainly don't think they'll be knocked around that god-awful arena in st. cloud. i think they'll sweep the huskies handedly (and i'll be there to see it) setting up a great final weekend.

I enjoy posts like Sioux-per's.  Team has lost some close games and also made some bad decisions and suddenly, whoops!  Fire him.

Good thing people like that don't run Bellichek's life.  Anyone remember that?  Oh.  Yeah.  He started in Cleveland I think?  And now he's won 4 super bowls.  God how did that happen?  Bellichek SUCKED in his first year as a head coach!  Things like that just don't happen.

Hey, how about George Seifert?  When he took over for Walsh, the Steve Young led 49ers went, what, 1-15?  Why didn't they fire him?  OH that's right.  New coach, new system.  Took them a year to adapt.  And now Young is in the hall of fame.

Ok ok.  THat's football.  How about hockey?

1967-68 season, St. Louis hired this Scotty Bowman guy.  Gosh.  They only went 23-21-14!  Why didn't they fire him?  I mean, they BARELY escaped 500 hockey!

Not good enough?  Ok, how about 4 time Stanley Cup winning coach Glenn Sather?

Who was the idiot that decided to keep this idiot coach on board after his pathetic first season as ah ead coach of the Oilers?  I mean, 28-39-13?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME?  He sucks!

That's why I like Sioux-per and BDB's logic.  Hakstol, like Sather, Seifert, Bellichek, and Bowman, should have been fired after their first seasons as head coach.  They are a disgrace for their sport and they should all be banished from our thoughts.  :lol:

Oh yeah,  Dean Blais sucks too.  He only was good enough to take a UND team to 18-18-3 his first year.  Heck!  He sucked his second year!  19-18-1!  What the hell did we see in this guy?  ???

Who knows what Hakstol is going to turn out to be.  But like hell am I going to say that he doesn't deserve the chance to get things going.  He's done a pretty darn good job of recruiting so far, even when Blais has been Head Coach. 

Moral:  Uh, if 3 years go by without results, THEN we START wondering how long Hakstol's job is going to last.  This year and next year?  Nope.  Barring major catastrophe, BDB and SIouxper are just going to have to cry it out.

END RANT

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I also feel Greg Shepperd does a nice job

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who am I, Nostradamus??

I took a shot.

I just have a bad feeling about this team against "lesser" teams right now (see Bemidji State) and frankly last weekend didn't turn out so well either.

That's my story and I'm...uh...well there's a clever saying here, but I can't remember it.

Who am I, Nostradamus??

I took a shot.

I just have a bad feeling about this team against "lesser" teams right now (see Bemidji State) and frankly last weekend didn't turn out so well either.

That's my story and I'm...uh...well there's a clever saying here, but I can't remember it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A valid enough shot. There is plenty of room for doubt right now as far as the Sioux are concerned. I just don't think SCSU can beat anyone right now.

And we didn't lose to BSU. Also, BSU is the top ranked team in the CHA. For that matter, Canisius was the top ranked team in the AHA at the time we played them. Both don't mean much, I know, but it's true.

Regarding the UAA series next weekend, the Sioux may be meeting up with them at the right time injury-wise. Looks like UAA is without their goalie Lawson because of a groin injury, and they are also missing their top two dmen for this weekend's series against the Goofs. No word yet on whether any of the three will be back next weekend for the Sioux series, but it doesn't look good for the Seawolves. You may remember that Lawson stoned the Sioux when the Wolves came to REA.

For the Sioux, if they can get Murray back from injury, as well as McMahon back from his suspension, they should be able to field a full lineup for the first time in a long while (aside from Kaip, of course).

Regarding the UAA series next weekend, the Sioux may be meeting up with them at the right time injury-wise.  Looks like UAA is without their goalie Lawson because of a groin injury, and they are also missing their top two dmen for this weekend's series against the Goofs.  No word yet on whether any of the three will be back next weekend for the Sioux series, but it doesn't look good for the Seawolves.  You may remember that Lawson stoned the Sioux when the Wolves came to REA.

For the Sioux, if they can get Murray back from injury, as well as McMahon back from his suspension, they should be able to field a full lineup for the first time in a long while (aside from Kaip, of course).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not so sure that this is the right time to be facing UAA. The Sea Wolves just shut down the Goofers with their back up goaltender. DeCaro stood on his head and the defense played like they were on the penatly kill the whole night. Talk about God awfull hockey to watch.

I am not so sure that this is the right time to be facing UAA. The Sea Wolves just shut down the Goofers with their back up goaltender. DeCaro stood on his head and the defense played like they were on the penatly kill the whole night. Talk about God awfull hockey to watch.

If the Sioux get half as many chances as the Gophs had tonight, I hope that they can put more than 2 behind the UAA goalie. That's not a given with our offense though. :lol:

But that 2nd UM goal shouldn't have counted anyway, that was a definite skate redirection, good thing it didn't affect the outcome of the game.

But that 2nd UM goal shouldn't have counted anyway, that was a definite skate redirection, good thing it didn't affect the outcome of the game.

I was so happy for AA that there was only a few seconds left after that travesty. If MN had got that goal with a minute left it wouldn't have been good. AA didn't deserve to have a call like that cost them any points.

I was so happy for AA that there was only a few seconds left after that travesty. If MN had got that goal with a minute left it wouldn't have been good. AA didn't deserve to have a call like that cost them any points.

It would have been poetic justice if UAA had scored off the center ice face-off after that. And here Randy was having a good game (save his beginning footwork) up to that point.