SiouxSports.com Forum

Of the 6 games remaining, how many will we win?

01grad

Of the 6 games remaining, how many will we win?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. Of the 6 games remaining, how many will we win?

As much as I would like to be optimistic, we will probably only win 2 more games. I know you can do the "what if" thing, but I am curious to read what others think regardless of how others do and where we place.

I think or hope we at least split with AA, we will get swept by UW and split with SCSU. It would be great if this team could get it turned back around in the right direction when everybody is healthy, but I just don't see it happening.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I would like to be optimistic, we will probably only win 2 more games.  I know you can do the "what if" thing, but I am curious to read what others think regardless of how others do and where we place. 

I think or hope we at least split with AA, we will get swept by UW and split with SCSU.  It would be great if this team could get it turned back around in the right direction when everybody is healthy, but I just don't see it happening.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What the heck are you smoking? Split against SCSU?! The chumps of the WCHA? They couldn't even beat MTU right now! They barely beat a team from some crappy conference (AHA?). Sorry, the worst case scenario I'd see is we'd win 3 more games (sweep SCSU and split UAA).

I'm going to be optimistic and I'm going to say 4.5, but that's not an option. I think we'll tie UW. And we all should follow UW as I'm not sure what Bruckler is going to do regarding this Olympic trials that are supposed to be happening in a few weeks.

We sweep UAA and SCSU. We will either split UW or tie UW once (UW takes three). Remember, UW lost to a UMN team that couldn't find the net with a spotlight at noon. UW should have swept the Gophers.

Since that option isn't available, I selected 5.

I have no idea how many games UND will win from here on out, but I do think they have a legitmate shot at finishing fifth. They have two games in hand over Duluth with whom they are currently tied at 21 league points.

Duluth finishes with league games at Denver and home against Wisconsin with Bemidji sandwiched in between. I think best case scenario for Duluth is winning two of four remaining league games and even that might be a stretch.

Since I believe UND holds the tiebreaker with Duluth, if Duluth wins two that means UND would have to win just two of their last six with two games each against lower tier teams, Alaska and SCSU, and a home tilt with Wisco.

Despite UND's lack of wins lately, I would think two wins is worst case scenario. I think UND has a shot at least four victories, but clearly a solid shot at hosting a home playoff series.

I predict we split with UAA, get swept by Wisconsin the following weekend (We will not beat Wisconsin I would bet money on it) and we should sweep SCSU. That should give us 5th place in the league. I do not fear UND playing the dogs. I know that we can beat UMD in the first round, that makes it possible that we would draw the Gophers during the play in game at the final five. I don

I think there is no doubt that we would beat the Gophers their defense right now sucks, and Briggs is struggling, I don't care what Gopher fans say, he sucked on friday night against Wisconsin (Who are not world beater by any stretch of the imagination). However, they are scoring goals. I think UND would exploit their pours defense. I suppose to throw this all off Lucia would start JJ or something like that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Goon, while I always take your posts about the Gophers with a grain of salt, I gotta wonder if you even SAW the game last night? UW was on their heels most of that game and the Gophs D seems to be close to form. Considering UW had MAYBE 3 SOG on two PP in the third...but then again, I always like to play overconfident teams! :silly::sad:

WPoS

Goon, while I always take your posts about the Gophers with a grain of salt, I gotta wonder if you even SAW the game last night? UW was on their heels most of that game and the Gophs D seems to be close to form. Considering UW had MAYBE 3 SOG on two PP in the third...but then again, I always like to play overconfident teams! :silly::sad:

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

With all due respect, WPoS, I truly believe UW should have swept the Gophers. You hit the reason why they didn't on the head though: They didn't shoot the puck when they had a chance. MTU shot all they could get with UMN's defense bearing down on them and they won. UW lost this game because they didn't shoot nearly enough.

Goon- I will agree with you: We should finish 5th now. I do not think we will fare badly in the WCHA playoffs, but I'm not going to predict Broadmoor either. We are playing well enough to beat UMD and, yes, I think we could even beat UMN right now. We are not at the same level as UW, CC, or DU so that's why I'm saying that winning against them may not be possible unless we get some bounces.

I think this year would be successful if we just make the NCAAs and try our hardest to play spoiler both there and in the WCHA playoffs. No, I don't think this team will win the National Championship or the Broadmoor, but I'd love to make those NC bound teams nervous.

Here is saying Sioux take six from here on in.

AA and St. Clown will be tough on the road, but doable.

Wisconsin series will be a tough row, but they can be had.  An average

Gophers team proved that this weekend.

Six points is assuming that Derek Shepard is not the referee in any of these series.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now THIS is optimistic!

And Derek Sheperd, even with last night, is not the worst ref in the WCHA. Todd Anderson is the worst ref.

These refs do not want a physical matchup. We are a physical team. It's only natural that we have a lot of penalties because of this.

We COULD pull off a sweep of UAA. We WILL pull off a sweep of SCSU. The only ? is UW.

Goon, while I always take your posts about the Gophers with a grain of salt, I gotta wonder if you even SAW the game last night?  UW was on their heels most of that game and the Gophs D seems to be close to form.  Considering UW had MAYBE 3 SOG on two PP in the third...but then again, I always like to play overconfident teams! :silly:  :sad:

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Watch both games this weekend on tape. Hockey starved this season so I had to watch some hockey, any hockey. If I remember right, even Woog commented on the Gopher defense and their laspes this weekend.

Goon-  I will agree with you:  We should finish 5th now.  I do not think we will fare badly in the WCHA playoffs, but I'm not going to predict Broadmoor either.  We are playing well enough to beat UMD and, yes, I think we could even beat UMN right now.  We are not at the same level as UW, CC, or DU so that's why I'm saying that winning against them may not be possible unless we get some bounces.

I think this year would be successful if we just make the NCAAs and try our hardest to play spoiler both there and in the WCHA playoffs.  No, I don't think this team will win the National Championship or the Broadmoor, but I'd love to make those NC bound teams nervous.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am going to agree with you. No team has won the Broadmoor from the Thursday play in game. For UND to miss the play in game some top teams have to lose their home series, possible but unlikely. I think UND could get to the third place game though. That in my opinion would be a success this season.

I have no idea how many games UND will win from here on out, but I do think they have a legitmate shot at finishing fifth.  They have two games in hand over Duluth with whom they are currently tied at 21 league points.

Duluth finishes with league games at Denver and home against Wisconsin with Bemidji sandwiched in between. I think best case scenario for Duluth is winning two of four remaining league games and even that might be a stretch.

Since I believe UND holds the tiebreaker with Duluth, if Duluth wins two that means UND would have to win just two of their last six with two games each against lower tier teams, Alaska and SCSU, and a home tilt with Wisco.

Despite UND's lack of wins lately, I would think two wins is worst case scenario.    I think UND has a shot at least four victories, but clearly a solid shot at hosting a home playoff series.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, you do hold the tiebreaker, but only because more of UMD's points come from ties. This could change in the next few weeks, but most likely we will be bussing over to Grand Forks for the first round. Thankfully, this year that doesn't scare me as much as it used to :sad: (even though maybe it should? :silly: )

I think UND will get swept by UW and SCSU and split with AA.  They could possibly squeak out 2 wins at AA but with the way they have played in the last month, I wouldn't put any money on it.  I think the Sioux peaked this year versus Maine.

I think we've a much better chance of being swept by AA than SCSU. I don't think it will happen, but when you are talking possibilities...

All I can say after reading this thread is that it is going to be a long eleven days until the next game. I personally think the over-under for the next six games is 4.5. But there's nothing to do now but wait and see what happens.

All I can say after reading this thread is that it is going to be a long eleven days until the next game.  I personally think the over-under for the next six games is 4.5.  But there's nothing to do now but wait and see what happens.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i would take the under on the 4.5 after the way they've played offensively in the last month. They're defense is the only thing holding them in the games. i predict a split with scsu cuz we'll run into a "hot" goaltender, split with uaa because they are a tuff team at home, and wisconsin is gonna come in and slap us around a little bit.

yes there were some lapses, there are always laspses in a game, but I alos saw many bright spots in actually HAVING a defense this weekend.  Two weeks ago  (w/o two D guys in the line up we had in UW) it would have ben an EASY sweep for UW. But to say that we have no D or it is very porous is not true.

WPoS

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

During the World Jrs I refered to the two freshman defense from the Gophers as Pylons and their plays hasn't improved that much since their return. I think UofM should consider playing them at forward because they have a hard time finding the defensive zone.

i would take the under on the 4.5 after the way they've played offensively in the last month.  They're defense is the only thing holding them in the games.  i predict a split with scsu cuz we'll run into a "hot" goaltender,  split with uaa because they are a tuff team at home, and wisconsin is gonna come in and slap us around a little bit.

SCSU is suffering their normal second half swoon. And since they didn't start out real hot, they've got little left before they hit the very bottom. I believe the Sioux will sweep at SCSU. Agree AA is tough at home but we may be able to sweep there with some luck.

In watching bits and pieces of the WI-MN series in between watching the Sioux games, I didn't think WI looked awesome this weekend. Certainly they may come in a put a Denver on the Sioux, but I didn't think they looked real dominant either. Not real fast (could be deceiving on the large ice). So I still hold out hope that we can split with WI, and sweep the rest. 4.5 is about right, and 4 is probably probable. We'll see.

Here is saying Sioux take six from here on in.

AA and St. Clown will be tough on the road, but doable.

Wisconsin series will be a tough row, but they can be had.  An average

Gophers team proved that this weekend.

Six points is assuming that Derek Shepard is not the referee in any of these series.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's weird how that average Gopher team is a No. 1 seed in the NCAA Tournament as of now and took three of four against Wisconsin.

Thanks Skippy....I as well as the rest of ss.com appreciate your valuable contribution to this board. Have a nice day and run along now you are going to be late for 4th period English.... :silly:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The light went off on your desk again this morning :sad: Hope you had a good trip back to TC. Looked bad for a bit before the game Saturday with the freezing mist.

When was the last time the Sioux were NOT ranked in the top 15? It's hard to believe that other teams such as Harvard and Colgate are ahead of us. PCM would probably know this.

1 Boston College (21) 17-3-5 579 1

2 Colorado College (18) 23-4-3 575 2

3 Denver (1) 20-6-1 517 4

4 Wisconsin 20-7-1 457 3

5 Cornell 16-4-3 416 6

6 Michigan 20-7-3 407 5

7 Ohio State 20-7-3 330 9

8 New Hampshire 18-7-3 307 7

9 Minnesota 20-11-0 293 8

10 Harvard 14-5-2 263 10

11 Mass.-Lowell 16-6-4 198 12

12 Colgate 19-8-1 161 11