SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2023-24

cberkas

"Bondi just hit him hard" - Judd

Miami player still laying on the ice.

Gets reviewed, 5 on Bondi

To be fair it was a bad angle to see if the knee was extended on the hit but should have been called originally.  

Crazy ending to Duluth Miami game 

Duluth scores a ENG but Miami scored to tie and Duluth challenges for goalie interference.

Why not just say if there was or wasn't goalie interference.

Goal stands  2-2  

Current PWR picture looks like this after this weekend's games:

HEA (6) - BC, BU, Maine, Prov, UMass, UNH
NCHC (4) - UND, DU, SCSU, WMU
B10 (4) - UW, MSU, UMN, Mich
ECAC (2) - QU, Cornell

That's the top 16 with ASU, CC, and UNO in 17-19 spot.

Top AHA team is RIT at #23.  Top CCHA team is MSUM at #27.
The AHA & CCHA bids would eliminate UNH and Cornell from the field at least, barring any other league playoff surprises.

On 1/28/2024 at 12:15 AM, brianvf said:

Current PWR picture looks like this after this weekend's games:

HEA (6) - BC, BU, Maine, Prov, UMass, UNH
NCHC (4) - UND, DU, SCSU, WMU
B10 (4) - UW, MSU, UMN, Mich
ECAC (2) - QU, Cornell

That's the top 16 with ASU, CC, and UNO in 17-19 spot.

Top AHA team is RIT at #23.  Top CCHA team is MSUM at #27.
The AHA & CCHA bids would eliminate UNH and Cornell from the field at least, barring any other league playoff surprises.

There's never been a season with 3 Eastern teams as #1 regional seeds.  

Is this the year?   I think not ... :)

Anyone catch the BU/Northeastern game tonight? NU won on a power play goal where there was some question as to the legitimacy of the bench minor penalty called against the Terriers for too many men on the ice in overtime. Anyone know the official rule on line changes? The BU player who jumped on the ice did look like he hopped on well before the player coming off even got within a couple of strides from the bench. Pandolfo sure didn’t like the call nor did Colby Cohen. 

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Anyone catch the BU/Northeastern game tonight? NU won on a power play goal where there was some question as to the legitimacy of the bench minor penalty called against the Terriers for too many men on the ice in overtime. Anyone know the official rule on line changes? The BU player who jumped on the ice did look like he hopped on well before the player coming off even got within a couple of strides from the bench. Pandolfo sure didn’t like the call nor did Colby Cohen. 

Watched the end of it. ...  I suspect the ESPN/NESN stream missed the penalized incident.  First, BU with the hard pass up from their own zone to their bench area, where the camera missed which team played the puck, and missed showing what (i think) was a change behind the play. Then two seconds later, the freeze frame on the stream which showed two BU players (one of them extra) one step from the bench.   I doubt that was what was actually called .... but I left being unsure where the infraction occurred.  

11 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I thought the rule was interpreted as "six feet". Basically if the off-going guy can touch the bench dasher with his stick the on-coming can go but both have to be in that six foot window until one is off. However, the on-coming better not touch the puck until the off-going has a leg over the boards. 

https://www.uscho.com/2024/01/31/bracketology-2-a-correction-and-a-look-at-movement-as-we-move-closer-to-seasons-end-for-college-hockey/

Providence, R.I.
1. Boston College
8. Quinnipiac
9. Minnesota
16. Minnesota State

Sioux Falls, S.D.
2. North Dakota
7. Michigan State
10. Providence
15. RIT

Springfield, Mass.
3. Boston University
5. Wisconsin
11. Massachusetts (host)
14. Western Michigan

Maryland Heights, Mo.
4. Maine
6. Denver
12. Michigan
13. St. Cloud State

Rematch of last year's national title game in the 1st round would be cool.
RI and MO are tough regionals, I could see any of the top 3 in those regionals advancing.

I would like this bracket for UND.  I'd like their chances to advance out of that SD regional.

• Upvote 3

Whoa, whoa, whoa, ... the Missouri facility is listed at 4500 capacity (too small, thought it was 5k min) and as home to Lindenwood hockey. I thought home rinks were non-starters or is this a case where no one else bid (see Notre Dame a few years back). 

PS - REA should always throw in a min-bid in case they catch a "no one else bid" year. :D 

32 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa, ... the Missouri facility is listed at 4500 capacity (too small, thought it was 5k min) and as home to Lindenwood hockey. I thought home rinks were non-starters or is this a case where no one else bid (see Notre Dame a few years back). 

PS - REA should always throw in a min-bid in case they catch a "no one else bid" year. :D 

Does it help that Denver and Michigan fans are kind of runty?

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

The bid took place before they went D1.

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

The rink they will use is 2,500 guess the NCAA just combined all the rinks to get 5,000. 

How is gfhockey handling UMD's continued years-long nosedive?   Is he part of Ciskie's support group?

I've heard the mantra used at those groups is that they didn't really want to win those games anyway.  

53 minutes ago, burd said:

How is gfhockey handling UMD's continued years-long nosedive?   Is he part of Ciskie's support group?

I've heard the mantra used at those groups is that they didn't really want to win those games anyway.  

Ciskie:  "Hi, I'm Bruce...and I'm a Bulldog fan..."

Support Group: "Hi Bruce."