SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 NCAA Regionals

Kevin G

2 minutes ago, Frozen4sioux said:

Which is again confirmation to just can the other wastes of time and space and put more money into hockey.

We need heated underground parking at the REA to get the blue chippers away from Michigan/MN.

A Club football team and intramural basketball will win the EXACT same number of Nattys as fielding pretend D1 teams over the next 50 years.

The NCAA requires us to sponsor X number of sports as a Division I institution. The Summit League has requirements as well.

And we need to stop looking at this as a pure zero-sum game. There is vast untapped fundraising potential that we are simply not tapping.

And as for getting blue chippers, having local businesses start up NIL programs would help. The "heated underground parking" would benefit us fans more than anyone else.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Are you referring to where the visiting team's bus drives inside? I think @Frozen4sioux was talking about parking for fans going to the games.

There are a finite number of spaces. I believe some are assigned to players. 

Parking for fans going to games? I pay for a coaches club membership for the parking pass, but I sit in an upper deck section where that level contribution is not required. Pay the price and get to park closer.

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Lot of good teams left in their path to overcome. And they will not hang onto their top talent for three to four years. NHL agents are probably lurking in the shadows of every arena they are in right now in case they are eliminated so they can get a contract signed.

Yeah I think Cooley is one and done for sure. It would’ve been nice to have him this season. I guess he made the right choice though.. yuk that’s gross to say. 

25 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I wouldn't want to risk NCAA sanctions, so I think we better do this 100% above board.

Obviously I mean om sure every program not rhyming with Schmichigan is completely on the level...

wait what rhymes with EveryrealD1collegefootballteamontheplanet ???

2 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

“Back bar rattle job” 

nice work Bucci. Can’t stand him

Bucci is entertaining the first time you hear him, for a few minutes. A bit like watching community theater.

Not a huge fan of Colby Cohen either.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Bucci is entertaining the first time you hear him, for a few minutes. A bit like watching community theater.

Not a huge fan of Colby Cohen either.

His yelling shot is insufferable. You can actually make it a drinking game. 

• Like 1