SiouxSports.com Forum

Fighting Sioux Coaches' Show

PCM

Disclaimer: This is a summary of the weekly Fighting Sioux Coaches Show. It is NOT a verbatim transcript of the show. Comments by the show's hosts and the coaches are paraphrased to the best of the author's ability and are NOT direct quotes. This summary contains selected highlights from the show and is NOT a comprehensive account of all topics covered or discussed. This broadcast summary represents the interpretation of the author and is not associated in any manner with SiouxSports.com, the University of North Dakota or USCHO. This summary MAY NOT BE REPRODUCED without the written permission of the author.

TH: The Sioux haven't played since their series at Colorado College. Bemidji State is coming to Engelstad Arena this weekend. Let's take care of some business right a way. There's a young man (Matt Greene) on the team who found himself in a difficult situation and got unlucky.

DH: We

Edited by PCM

For some reason reading Coaches' Show just got me pumped up for some Sioux hockey. Last weekend could be a turning point for the Sioux team. I know what you're thinking. How could it be a turning point when they didn't even play last week? Because the top two teams in the league took a beating. The Sioux need to come out against BSU and give them a beat down and take off running. I don't think getting 16 of the last 20 points this season is a lofty goal by any means for the Sioux.

All I know is that the same ice for the Juniors was up for the Mankato series.  Why the new stuff has been up for 2 days I don't know.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was probably because of the basketball games in the Ralph. When Roebuck was on, they talked about how cold it was in the arena, even without the ice.

It was probably because of the basketball games in the Ralph. When Roebuck was on, they talked about how cold it was in the arena, even without the ice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know UND should build an arena for the basketball teams to replace Hyslop, so this doesn't have to happen any more as it messes with both sports. Why I bet they could even attatch it to the Ralph.

You know UND should build an arena for the basketball teams to replace Hyslop, so this doesn't have to happen any more as it messes with both sports. Why I bet they could even attatch it to the Ralph.

Speaking of, when are they supposed to start playing games in the Betty?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly, I'm so sick of hearing reasons why they are playing the games in the ralph. It is a hockey arena, not a basketball arena, when are they going to figure it out.

Let's look at this from a logistics point of view:

- They had the WJC logo on the ice through January 4 (gold medal game).

- It was a WJC logo when MSU-Mankato was in town.

- I'm sure they pulled the ice (to change the paint) before home conference BB on January 14, 15, 20, and 22.

What I don't get is why the ice didn't start going back in on January 23.

I like that Hak said it's time to win games, and put the load on the upperclassmen to start coming through.

He also put some pressure on Porter in today's Herald to start scoring, AND start getting some assists.

I'm concerned for poor Rylan Kaip. This has been dragging on for a long time now. Seems very strange.,

I'm excited for some hockey this weekend.

During the World Junior's comments were made by players and the ESPN broadcast crew about the bumpy ice. REA has struggled with ice since it opened and mostly because it has become an all purpose arena. A couple years ago, when Vancouver was in St Paul to play the Wild, PA and Dubay interviewed the Vancouver play by play guy. They asked him what it was like being the only show in town since the Vancouver NBA team moved to Memphis. He said that the only thing he new for sure was that since the basketball team moved out of the arena they now had some of the best ice in the NHL.

DG

"TH: I say that he got unlucky because many people have been in the same situation Matt was and didn't got caught."

Darn the luck, he got arrested for DUI.

Of course, it's pretty darn lucky that the hefty two-game suspension comes Bemidji week and not Denver week.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey welcome back Skippy...Thanks for your insight into the situation :blush: