SiouxSports.com Forum

Suite 49

suite49sportsgrill

There will be a job fair at the Engelstad Arena for Suite 49 Sports Grill starting Tuesday December 7th until Thursday December 9th from 9 am to 6 pm.

Suite 49 is a 7,000 square foot upscale sports bar and restaurant located north of the arena. Suite 49 (named after the 48 suites in the rink) will feature a spokefree enviornment, a menu developed by Kim Holmes of Sanders 1907, 22 plasma tvs and Fighting Sioux memorobilla.

It is scheduled to open before Christmas.

There will be a job fair at the Engelstad Arena for Suite 49 Sports Grill starting Tuesday December 7th until Thursday December 9th from 9 am to 6 pm. 

Suite 49 is a 7,000 square foot upscale sports bar and restaurant located north of the arena.  Suite 49 (named after the 48 suites in the rink) will feature a spokefree enviornment, a menu developed by Kim Holmes of Sanders 1907, 22 plasma tvs and Fighting Sioux memorobilla. 

It is scheduled to open before Christmas.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good luck with that spokefree thing. :silly:

Spokefree enviornment??  Sorry.  Suite 49 will be a smokefree enviornment. 

23 Sports Grill was not well recieved with the University of North Dakota or the Engelstad family.  It was to pay tribute to Ralph Engelstad for giving the us the opportunity.  However, without their support we didn't move forward with the name.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good to see it will be smokefree... :silly:

I have a friend who graduated from UND with a business/management degree. He just finished schooling at Le Cordon Bleu culinary school in the twin cities. Are there any openings for someone like him? Who can I have him contact about job opportunities? He currently resides in Minneapolis, so he can't attend the job fair.

Thanks!

I like the name Suite 49 better than 23 Sports Bar & Grill.  The name says it will be upscale, and it's like "hole 19" at the golf course.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe they could lock all the yuppie types in an hour or so before the game and give their tickets to students hanging out at Dagwoods :silly:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm glad to hear it's smoke-free.  It sounds like Dagwood's will have a little competition now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

screw that smoke-free PC thing....how 'bout making it SMOKE-MANDATORY!!! Like you walk in the door and they stick a GIANT monopoly-guy CIGAR IN YOUR MOUTH AT THE DOOR AND LIGHT IT!!! oh yeah....that's the stuff!!

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the rap on the joint? Anyone check it out yet? Tough sell in our lil' ol' town I suspect. I'll check it out soon. Wish they'd complete their website so one could get a look at the menu and the rest of their concept. I fiercely support independent operations and encourage everyone to do so!

Local Boy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ate at Suite 49 for the first, and last, time on Saturday before the Denver game. Our wait for a table was about average (15-20 mins) but we waited for 45 minutes for our burgers to arrive. The service was probably the worst I have ever received in a GF restaurant. I can't imagine how long the wait will be once the full menu is in place. The plasma TVs were cool though. That's the one thing the place has going for it.

I ate at Suite 49 for the first, and last, time on Saturday before the Denver game.  Our wait for a table was about average (15-20 mins) but we waited for 45 minutes for our burgers to arrive.  The service was probably the worst I have ever received in a GF restaurant.  I can't imagine how long the wait will be once the full menu is in place.  The plasma TVs were cool though.  That's the one thing the place has going for it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is there parking, and are you allowed to leave your car when you walk over to the hockey game?