SiouxSports.com Forum

Suite 49

suite49sportsgrill

I figured it would take a while to get a table (and 20 minutes was pretty short on the afternoon of a game) but 45 minutes for a burger is unacceptable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We ate there friday night...we waited about 35 minutes for a table (good excuse to stand around and drink beer) We were seated at about 6:45. It took about about 20 minutes for our food. Food was very good. We just made it for the national anthem and drop of the puck.

The biggest problem I see is that people get there early, get a table, eat and then linger until game time. I saw several tables of coffee drinkers - just killing time and not allowing someone else the table. They are going to have to figure out how to turn the tables or it will get down to a single turn before the games and at least an hour wait for a table Fridays and Saturdays for game weekends if, of course, you're willing to miss part of the first period...It's a big problem because you can't boot people out. I'm not in the business, so I don't know how they encourage people to leave...

The biggest problem I see is that people get there early, get a table, eat and then linger until game time. I saw several tables of coffee drinkers - just killing time and not allowing someone else the table. They are going to have to figure out how to turn the tables or it will get down to a single turn before the games and at least an hour wait for a table Fridays and Saturdays for game weekends if, of course, you're willing to miss part of the first period...It's a big problem because you can't boot people out. I'm not in the business, so I don't know how they encourage people to leave...

Nitty Gritty, near the Kohl Center, forces turnover. For a few hours before the game, you can only be seated while waiting for food/eating. Then you have to stand with your beer so someone else can sit and eat. If there are enough potential customers willing to patronize an establishment with those rules, they can probably get 3 turns before a typical game.

Just read the Dakota Student review and I'm not too sure how much you can take from a reviewer who had 2 martini's before 1pm. It would be sleepy time for me at about noon :silly: So here is my review.

The wife and I ate at Suite 49 before Saturday's game. The wait for us was about 45 minutes, no big deal. For about the first 25 minutes nobody got up and left so they definitly have to figure out how to turn tables. At one point a group of guys sat down with beers and didn't order food. That's unaceptable IMO, if you're not going to eat stay in the bar, don't take a table. Once we were seated we took a quick look at the menu and knowing that we'd need to hurry, ordered 2 burgers as soon as our waitress came by. The burgers took over 30 minutes to be served. That is unaceptable. At least the burgers were hot and very good.

I'll try them again, but if they haven't figured out how to turn tables and get food out quicker it will probably be my last.

I didn't mention that we were there Saturday night too, but this time, just for the beer (they have an awesome selection of good beer on tap and in the bottle). We had no problem mingling with "our people" before the game....In fact, it's always great to have a large crowd of sioux fans together before and after the game...

I think if they stop allowing free parking if you eat or drink, that will help the turnover a little bit....forced turnover is not that bad of an idea...just enforcing a courtesy...we didn't even think about sitting down on saturday since we weren't planning on eating...just stood around with a beer or two...