SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

35 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Is that a big loss for us? We're we on his radar? Was he on ours?

Doubtful. I am guessing he is getting some scholarship money from Augie. If UND offered I am guessing it would have been as a hometown walkon.

• Upvote 1

On 2/28/2023 at 10:01 PM, brianvf said:

Hahaha. :D

The question he should have asked is ‘if 70% of your wins come against AA, LIU and Arizona State, how do you get to 12 in the first place?’. Yes, they did beat a few good teams but good lord, the math!!! 30% of their wins are Anchorage!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SIOUXELEVENS said:

Beating Denver, Omaha and notre dame is probably why , we couldn’t beat Denver. 

I get that part but it's only 3 games. If I remember correctly, they also got swept by Penn State and split with the other 3. Split with St. Thomas as well. I think that Lindenwood will be their downfall.

22 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

So I’m curious…do any of the resident eggheads here see ANY scenario that pole vaults North Dakota from its current position to about #12 in the Pairwise after this weekend?  Surely, this guy jests…

None that fail to involve Covid quarantines. 

21 to 13 this late in a season requires apocalyptic scenarios. 

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

None that fail to involve Covid quarantines. 

21 to 13 this late in a season requires apocalyptic scenarios. 

Yeah, but if they REALLY sweep them this weekend and then REALLY sweep the following weekend?   We're UND, fcs.  

4 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

The question he should have asked is ‘if 70% of [Alaska's] wins come against AA, LIU and Arizona State, how do you get to 12 in the first place?’. Yes, they did beat a few good teams but good lord, the math!!! 30% of their wins are Anchorage!

Alaska's strength of schedule is 31st, right in the middle of the pack.

Here are the teams with at least 20 victories and a more difficult schedule than Alaska (20-10-2):

Minnesota (25-8-1): 3rd toughest schedule

Denver (26-8-0): 13th

Michigan (20-11-3): 2nd

Penn State (20-13-1): 6th

Western Michigan (21-12-1): 11th

Boston University (22-10-0): 19th

Michigan Tech (22-9-4): 23rd

Minnesota State (21-12-1): 15th

And that's it.

Dave

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

So I’m curious…do any of the resident eggheads here see ANY scenario that pole vaults North Dakota from its current position to about #12 in the Pairwise after this weekend?  Surely, this guy jests…

D84AF935-E424-40AB-90C9-19254A486C02.png

I got us to #15 with a couple wins and then a highly improbable threading of the needle for results of the teams ahead of us and directly behind us this weekend. 

We would need perfect results in about 20 games this weekend.

Theres A Chance GIFs | Tenor

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

It's like xGA but only for, where xGA is against.

@Oxbow6is the big daddy grand master of xPlaining xG and xGA. @Blackheart and @MafiaManare his alternates. 

I only report the facts. @Blackheart crunches the numbers based on actual goals scored and actual W/L. @MafiaMan just runs around the room throwing glitter and sprinkles in the air chanting "Fighting Sioux Forever".

6 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I only report the facts. @Blackheart crunches the numbers based on actual goals scored and actual W/L. @MafiaMan just runs around the room throwing glitter and sprinkles in the air chanting "Fighting Sioux Forever". ...

... wearing his "Momma G and me" photo t-shirt, right? Or did he wear that shirt out? 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

G is a sports drink.
In that context, xG is you ran out and someone is supposed to bring you more. 

Are there such things as x-rated goals and sports drinks?

I'd probably be interested.

edit:   For a friend.   

Brackets for this week:

https://www.uscho.com/2023/03/01/bracketology-mapping-out-2023-ncaa-mens-hockey-tournament-with-regular-season-winding-down-conference-playoffs-starting/

Fargo, N.D.
1 Minnesota
5 St Cloud
9 Ohio State
16 RIT

Bridgeport, Conn.
2 Quinnipiac
7 Harvard
10 Western Michigan
15 Minnesota State

Manchester, N.H.
3 Denver
6 Boston University
11 Michigan Tech
14 Notre Dame

Allentown, Pa.
4 Michigan
8 Penn State
12 Alaska
13 Cornell

15 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

The question he should have asked is ‘if 70% of your wins come against AA, LIU and Arizona State, how do you get to 12 in the first place?’. Yes, they did beat a few good teams but good lord, the math!!! 30% of their wins are Anchorage!

Glad you said that cus I was thinking along the same lines when I checked out their schedule and who a good portion of their wins have come against. I always thought PW ranking/grading system was damn near objective but not so sure about that anymore.  Good Lord.